Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Galactic Dreams: Rage of War Demo

The Galactic Dream: Rage of War Website offers a demo version 1.0 of Galactic Dreams: Rage of War, a 3D strategy game from Evolution Vault based on their original Galactic Dreams. Word is: "Galactic Dream: Rage of War it's a 3D strategy game in real time in which you gather resources, build facilities in space and train star-ships with the final purpose of decimating your enemies. Humanity has now less than one hundred years to forever abandon the Colonies to search for another home world, if they are to survive against the menace coming from the galactic core."

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: looks nice Mar 15, 2007, 16:40 Quboid

What genre? "The Future"? Shit, imagine a lot of developers using about the most fertile time period there is. You've already ruled out the most significant:memorable time period of the past, I guess that just leaves the present and fantasy as "original" time periods that are sadly under populated. Except for all the sports games, Sim* games and shooters like FEAR, HL2 (both technically future, but near enough to now to use "present" gameplay like mostly standard weaponry) to name but a few "present" games and RPG genre is pretty much exclusively "fantasy".

I really hate whining about time period overuse - firstly, it's all irrelevant because we have little say in it, it comes down to money and even an experienced gamer like me still takes more interest in WW2 games than others. Publishers like money, tell them by not buying WW2 games if you want but if all the whiners on Bluesnews boycott, they won't notice a thing. Secondly, there are a finite number of time periods, pretty much all of which have been used many times. There are other "past" times that could be used, WW1 for example, but there's plenty of Mediterranean peak games (Roman times, Spartans, etc) and those that are ignored are generally ignored for a reason, e.g. WW1 combat didn't have the dynamic, fast paced style of WW2. Thirdly, it doesn't really matter, make a good game and the time period is just the background.

I dislike people criticising WW2 as a setting but to criticise the entire future is just silly.

(I'm assuming you are taking WW2 as the genre, not Simulation, which is the wrong term but anyway.)

Quboid

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: looks nice Mar 15, 2007, 10:46 Thenetcase

Looks like the same old crap to me...
At least it's not another WWII "simulator".
Ugh... but it's the second most over used genre in the world. Go figure.

1. looks nice Mar 15, 2007, 09:25  cliffski 

this looks a bit like galciv. hmmmmmmm very nice  
http://www.positech.co.uk

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo