Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch

A new version 3.4 Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines patch is now available, offering the latest in this series of unofficial updates for the action/RPG from defunct developer Troika Games. The patch is available on 3D Gamers, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Wow Feb 25, 2007, 03:52 _SE_

"abandonware" refers to being abandoned by the publisher, not by the fanbase.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 16:40 Overon

Is the tweaking and fixing of bugsbugs ever going to stop for this game? Will there be a final patch ever?

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 16:43.

11. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 13:56 Prez

Sweet! Thanks!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 12:58 wtf_man

Prez... you can buy it on Amazon.com

http://tinyurl.com/2rxgde

I also played it originally with no patches. I had very few problems... a couple of CTDs and mostly quest bugs. Since the "unnoficial patches" are mainly addressing quest bugs... you should have a good time.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 13:01.

9. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 12:49 Prez

From what I've read, this would have been a fantastic game were it not for the bugs. I am currently looking for a copy to play.

Anyone want to sell theirs? I don't do torrents and iso's except on abandonware, which this is obviously not, since someone is producing patches for it, even if they are unofficial.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 10:35 cappy

I played through originally with no patches and had only 1 or maybe 2 CTD's the whole game.

The largest, most common, universal bugs (that pretty much everyone encountered no matter what their hardware setup) were:

* Memory leak - Big Lenny C mentioned this. If you played for around an hour and a half continuously, you encountered more lag and chances for CTD's. The solution people were advising on the forums was to use the "flush" command which was supposed to clear all the extra cache.
* Excess Save games causing loading lags - Half Life 2 I think was archiving or restricting the number of save games if I remember. With Vampire, if you had a large number of save games it would take much longer to load/save. I think maybe KOTOR had a similar problem but maybe I'm wrong on that.
* Dialog quest bug - the "Thin Blood" quest required going through a dialog tree in a particular order and would not be available if you did not do so - its dialog branch was unavailable if you skipped it the first time.
* Society of Leopold escape bug - I never encountered this one, but apparently it was fairly common that on escaping to the boat the screen would go black and the game would hang or something like that.
* Kuei Jin Temple door bug - moving the bar from a door could be problematic. I think it sometimes required closing the game and restarting.

Those are the ones I remember, other than more minor bugs like sometimes clipping through doors, etc. As Big Lenny C noted, a lot of people also encountered problems with the opening cutscene, I think with it going to a black screen. I played the game originally on an ATI 9700 Pro and more recently on an NVidia 6600GT with the drivers that came with the cards, and the game with and without the one official patch.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 10:36.

7. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 09:09 Big Lenny C

Unfortunately, there are some bugs that can't be fixed through these patches (like the sloppy cutscene editing). Activision needs to release the SDK for the game.

There is one, sort of. Bloodlines is a Source engine title with Python scripting on the sides. The problem beyond that is two-fold:

1. The engine is pre-Half Life 2, and apparently isn't 100% compatible with the HL2 tools, not to mention Valve almost immediately patched HL2 to deal with memory leaks and other issues in the Source engine; VTM got no such luxury.

2. Troika should have been inducted into the Great Idea, Horrendous Execution hall of fame. Three games over six years and not a one was technically sound, even after you patch them when you could.

I will note this--a couple of patches ago, the intro in the apartment with LaCroix kicking the door open finally worked right.
This comment was edited on Feb 24, 09:10.

6. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 01:23 Jerykk

Unfortunately, there are some bugs that can't be fixed through these patches (like the sloppy cutscene editing). Activision needs to release the SDK for the game.

5. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 01:09 Masa

How many bugs did this game have?

Yes, if you didn't realize most of these patches are more adjustments at this point than anything, it'd be easy to give the long list of Wesp's downloads a cockeyed "WTF?"

4. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 00:11 Elf Shot The Food

How many bugs did this game have?

3. Re: Wow Feb 23, 2007, 23:54 skyguy

Just happened to take a quick break to check bluesnews while playing through for the 3rd time, this time as a Ventrue. Domination and possession kick ass, as does my MAC-10 uzi. Oh well, off to the Society of Leopold.

2. Re: Wow Feb 23, 2007, 23:52 Acleacius

Wesp is a lean mean coding machine.

Haha thats funny, when I was helping test the patches I was trying to talk him into trying G3 but he only plays FP prespective and in G3 it's possible but not very intuitive in FP view.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succesion of violent images.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Wow Feb 23, 2007, 22:52 Jerykk

Best Unofficial Support Evar. If only publishers supported their games like this... hell, Gothic 3 might have actually been a good game by now.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo