Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mercenaries 2 PC

This press release has word that Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, Pandemic's upcoming open-world action game, will appear this holiday season on the PC, Xbox 360, and PS2, in addition to its original target platform, the PS3. Word is:

Redwood City, Calif. – February 22, 2007 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), the world’s leading interactive entertainment company and Pandemic Studios, one of the world’s leading independent game developers, today announced that Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™, will ship simultaneously on four platforms worldwide – the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC – in holiday 2007.

“Mercenaries 2: World in Flames delivers the next evolution in explosive open world gameplay – regardless of the system you play it on,” said Pandemic Studios CEO Andrew Goldman. “All four platforms are incredible gaming machines, and from the beginning we designed an experience that accentuates their individual strengths and delivers the interactive freedom and explosive action Mercenaries fans demand.”

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2007, 01:02 Masa

Erm, R6: Vegas isn't remotely "normal" by R6 standards.

Eh, I defer back to Tom Clancy's transition to writing pulpy fiction. His last two Ryanverse novels were not "normal" by his previous standards either. And though I doubt he's really signing off on everything that has his name attached to it, nonetheless - it still has his name attached to it.

it died of Acute Consolidis just like the Rainbow 6 series.

No, that was a case of Microsoft wrecking the franchise after acquiring FASA. Besides, there hasn't been a decent Mech game on the PC in literally years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2007, 18:54 Jerykk

Erm, R6: Vegas isn't remotely "normal" by R6 standards. It's just not as bad as Lockdown.

13. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2007, 18:22 The Half Elf

Well it seems Chrome Hounds has replaced Mechwarrior sadly not on the PC.

As for R6 Vegas, I think it did a great job returning the series back to some sort of 'normal' after Lockdown.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2007, 17:47 4D-Boxing

My thoughts exactly! Good old Mechwarrior, it died of Acute Consolidis just like the Rainbow 6 series.

11. No subject Feb 22, 2007, 17:15 dubfanatic

The title reminds me of Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. That was a fun game...

10. Re: Any Chance Feb 22, 2007, 17:02 The Half Elf

Ok but so far there has been 3 or 4 RTS games ever on Consoles?

Command and Conquer
The Gamecube game Pikmin
Lord of the Rings 2

All of which got excellent ratings even for being on a console.

And if I remember reading previews/reviews of Mercs 1, it wasn't a RTS game, but a 3rd person action shooter, kinda like GTA meets Guerilla Warfare.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Any Chance Feb 22, 2007, 16:54  cliffski 

yawn. You may think that consoles are the future. fine, go for it, enjoy your analogue stick fun.
I'm just not in favour of shoddy ports. You fancy trying to play a PC-designed RTS that get a 10 minute port to the console?

Of course, wanting to play games on a platform that are primarily designed for that platform clearly makes me nostalgic.
Jesus...

http://www.positech.co.uk

8. No subject Feb 22, 2007, 16:27 Hump

I hope they allow for scripting etc. This could produce some fine mods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

7. Re: Any Chance Feb 22, 2007, 15:32 Awesome Spume

to be honest, these days, when I see that a game has been targeted at consoles + PC, I just ignore it. Too many shoddy PC ports, with substandard graphics, appalling control schemes and sod-all modability means they just aren't worth my time. Increasingly I tend towards obscure, indie developed PC only games.

Yeah. And fuck those bastards that try to force MOVING PICTURES on us. Those sonsabitches will have us playing in 3D next.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.positech.co.uk - where nostalgia becomes reality.

6. No subject Feb 22, 2007, 15:06 dryden555

Merc 1 was fun but it has some rough edges too. not sure how they are gonna port this game on so many different platforms without it looking/playing bad on some of them.

5. No subject Feb 22, 2007, 14:20 space captain

yeh this was a fun game - one of the most satisfying exp of blowing shit up ever

hijacking coptors was smooth too... i just wished the missions were more varied and for a bit more expanded stuff to do

did Pandemic do the first one? and when the hell is Battlezone 3 coming??

Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: Any Chance Feb 22, 2007, 12:13 MeatForce

OH HELL YEAH!!

The first game was ridiculously fun. Just complete and unabashed insanity.. This is going to friggin' rock in co-op over Live!!

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.
www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

3. Re: Any Chance Feb 22, 2007, 11:59  cliffski 

to be honest, these days, when I see that a game has been targeted at consoles + PC, I just ignore it. Too many shoddy PC ports, with substandard graphics, appalling control schemes and sod-all modability means they just aren't worth my time. Increasingly I tend towards obscure, indie developed PC only games.  
http://www.positech.co.uk

2. Re: Any Chance Feb 22, 2007, 11:54 Wildone

its no surprise the suits think "rap" is still the new fangled thing on the street..

1. Any Chance Feb 22, 2007, 11:22 The Half Elf

Of getting the first one for the PC as well?

BTW anyone else cringe when they see Playstation 2 and 3 described as a 'computer entertainment system'?

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo