Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2142 Patch

A new Battlefield 2142 patch is now available, updating DICE's futuristic multiplayer shooter to version 1.20. The new incremental client patch is available on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, ActionTrip, AusGamers, FanGaming, FileFront, and Internode Games Network, and VGPRO, and the full patch for any prior version is available on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, 4players.de, ActionTrip, AusGamers, eXp Downloads, FanGaming, FileFront, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), Internode Games Network, and The Patches Scrolls. The unranked dedicated Windows server is available from 4players.de, eXp Downloads, and The Patches Scrolls, while the unranked dedicated Linux server can be found on 4players.de, eXp Downloads and The Patches Scrolls.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Obligatory.. Mar 14, 2007, 07:52 mOOzilla

Try Arma (Armed Assault).

Get the NoCD patch from GameCopyWorld as it uses SecurROM.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Obligatory.. Mar 9, 2007, 17:20 Morgan19

Ah-ha! Finally got it running... Turns out you need 800x600 to default to 60 mhz or it'll crash the first time you run the game. Once I ReForced 60, I was up and running and I've been playing some each night. I rather enjoy it and see it as a good "no Tribes" filler, at least until Quake Wars is released.

m19

32. Obligatory.. Mar 5, 2007, 13:08 mOOzilla

Is it fun yet?

32 posts probably because we dont give a rats bottom about this game.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 13:09.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

31. No subject Feb 27, 2007, 13:40 xXBatmanXx

Only 30 posts in this latest "upgrade"?

I am disappointed in you guys!

I Am Trying to Believe - April 17th, 2007

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

30. Re: =\ Feb 22, 2007, 21:06 Morgan19

Morgan19, get the latest version of DX9C, there are many versions from the MS site. i belive January 2007 was the last one so far. I had the same prob.

Silvanus

Hah... After the new patch, it doesn't give me the renddx9 error anymore-- it just won't start at all. I double-click the .exe to start it up, it loads, screen goes black like it's going to start, and then it just dumps me back to the desktop with no errors at all.

m19

29. Re: Rubbish/Gold! Feb 22, 2007, 18:40 4D-Boxing

BurntSoul

" Battlefield 2142 Patch [February 21, 2007, 1:08 pm ET] - 28 Comments"

See it says COMMENTS! Not positive comments.
Geez buddy, I know people are not very positive in here but this is a comments section.

28. No subject Feb 22, 2007, 15:33 DangerDog

"hay, the game is awesome, and everytime you shell out 10-20 bux, you get something new - that doesn't improve the game 1 bit. So f you haters who keep their money in their pocket cause they are smart! Look at me the dumb consumer idiot!"

Well, the booster pack is only $9.99 and while free is always a better price I'll still get more than my moneys worth playing the booster pack, it's just too much fun killing people in this game.

Like I said, still waiting for something better to come along, thought maybe Armed Assault would hit the spot but it's a buggy mess right now needing a lot of work. Quake Wars would be nice, if they don't end up dumbing it down into Quake 3 with large maps. Everything else is just too far out to even be thinking about right now.

27. re: MMORPGHarbingerOfDeath Feb 21, 2007, 21:23 Brainp0wa

Sorry, but you have to buy the expansion to get those tools.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 21:27.

26. Re: =\ Feb 21, 2007, 20:56 Dan =0)

Does anyone actually still play this?

I do, every now and then.

*Can* anyone actually play this?

My computer seems to have no problems with it *knock on wood*.

Dan =0)

Self-plug: http://www.dankupka.com, http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
XFire: Dan =0)
GW: Akpuk Lienad Lvl20 Mo/Me, Dilkaen Pauk Lvl10 Ne/El, Keilda Nakup Lvl 1 Ra, Leana Kipduk Lvl 13 El/Ra, Kaliena Dupk Lvl 4 Rt

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

25. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2007, 20:31 MMORPGHoD

I am just glad that they are still patching it and have not dropped it in favor of their upcoming game BF:2000BC (Caveman Wars) where the point is to drag the most women back to your cave by their hair.

Cool, will they have stone and wooden stick unlocks?

Being spammed to a forum near you, www.hammiestudios.com .. complain here at www.siteadvisor.com/sites/hammiestudios.com
hammiestudios this buddy !

24. No subject Feb 21, 2007, 19:44 Brainp0wa

I play the game and have a good time doing so. (shrug)

I am just glad that they are still patching it and have not dropped it in favor of their upcoming game BF:2000BC (Caveman Wars) where the point is to drag the most women back to your cave by their hair.

23. Re: ... Feb 21, 2007, 19:11 xXBatmanXx

This is the patch that improves rendering of Titans and adds 10 new unlocks to the game (you can unlock them permanently if you buy the upcoming Northern Strike booster pack for $9.99 – or continue to play vanilla BF2142 and receive them through field upgrades).

Was that a joke or were you being serious? I honestly can't tell and haven't been following this game very much. However, being able to buy unlocks completely defeats the point of working towards them and favours the people that are more willing to splash out money.

hahahah beat me to it comingforyou.

Hilarious.

"hay, the game is awesome, and everytime you shell out 10-20 bux, you get something new - that doesn't improve the game 1 bit. So f you haters who keep their money in their pocket cause they are smart! Look at me the dumb consumer idiot!"

Love it.

I Am Trying to Believe - April 17th, 2007

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

22. No subject Feb 21, 2007, 18:34 DangerDog

True, you need to pay to keep them. It's still very white of them to allow all players to unlock them temporarily, they weren’t so kind with the Special Forces unlocks in BF2.

21. Re: ... Feb 21, 2007, 18:20 Darkhand Brackstone

Still the point is that unless you pay more money you can't have them ALL the time. It's still paying money for an advantage.

20. Re: =\ Feb 21, 2007, 16:59 Morgan19

Morgan19, get the latest version of DX9C, there are many versions from the MS site. i belive January 2007 was the last one so far. I had the same prob.

Oh yeah? Hmm ok, I'll have to give it a shot again. I've literally tried everything under the sun, including updating DX9, but I think the last updated version I'd tried was from November.

I'm not holding out much hope as I've tried updating DX9 before, unless that latest version is a miracle. I'll try when I get home tonight and see how it goes.

m19

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 17:11.

19. Re: =\ Feb 21, 2007, 16:55 Silvanus

Silvanus

18. Re: ... Feb 21, 2007, 16:48 UnderHero5

Was that a joke or were you being serious? I honestly can't tell and haven't been following this game very much. However, being able to buy unlocks completely defeats the point of working towards them and favours the people that are more willing to splash out money.
I don't think you've played the game. Field upgrades are temporary unlocks you get when your squad is doing well. They only last until the end of the match in that server. What he means by "unlock permanently" is that, if you buy the booster pack you will be able to unlock the packs like you would any other pack, and keep it from match to match, like a normal unlock. He doesn't mean you automatically unlock every pack instantly if you buy the booster pack.

What's with all the negativity from people who haven't even played the game?
I'll be the first to admit that EA/Dice's support for BF2 was pretty horrible, but as of right now BF2142 is excellent. It's very stable (at least on mine and my friends machines). Infantry combat rocks. And there are very few glitches in the game that I've noticed, and I've logged almost 70 hours of play time in so far.

17. ... Feb 21, 2007, 16:33 theyarecomingforyou

This is the patch that improves rendering of Titans and adds 10 new unlocks to the game (you can unlock them permanently if you buy the upcoming Northern Strike booster pack for $9.99 – or continue to play vanilla BF2142 and receive them through field upgrades).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

16. Re: Rubbish/Gold! Feb 21, 2007, 16:26 FourPak

Bitch less, help them out a little and they'll listen.
The problem appears to be that's as far as it goes,
Listen without Fix is no Solution.

15. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2007, 15:48 The Half Elf

Well reguardless of the naysayers, the infantry combat in 2142 is the best in the series. BF2 had the best heli/jet/air combat.
If they'd just fix the aircombat, overall I think 2142 would be in good shape.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo