Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New NVIDIA ForceWare Vista Drivers

NVIDIA now offers new version 100.65 ForceWare reference drivers for Windows Vista 32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit. Word is: "NVIDIA® Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) today released the world’s first WHQL-certified drivers for Microsoft DirectX 10, coinciding with the release of the first DirectX 10 test kit from Microsoft, which allows other hardware vendors to test their graphics processors using the DirectX 10 WHQL tests" Though the drivers are only on the 8800-series specific pages, word is: "The new ForceWare 100.65 drivers support GeForce 6-, 7-, and 8-series NVIDIA GPUs."

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Message to whiners... Feb 21, 2007, 18:53 jonasmedic

Has anyone thought to actually test these out with an 8xxx card on vista?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2007, 10:08 Rolphus

i have been using an 8800 on windows xp for two months without major problems.
Same here ....

Thirded - although I'd go as far as to say, without any problems at all.

In the interests of fairness, my old machine with an ATI Radeon X800 Pro has had no driver problems in memory either.

Nvidia's drivers for Vista (on my GF's iMac with a 7600GT onboard) were rather sucky around the Release Candidate 2 phase (which is fair enough), no idea what they're like now though.

19. Re: Message to whiners... Feb 21, 2007, 00:41 .Drifter

What specific fixes are you whining about than need updating? (there are a few especially with the newest product line) Is it really a deal breaker?

Lets see, how about the bug that exists, has existed for nearly all of 2006 on XP, where the 6800 series of video cards shows video clips so dark you can't see them unless you disable overlays, or spend several minutes adjusting the gamma and other settings? I don't know if that would be considered a deal breaker for some or not, but if I'm using my computer to watch DVD's and can't watch them without having to mess with the settings every time I reset my computer, I'd think it was a legitimate complaint.

Oh, and stop whining about whiners.

18. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2007, 23:33 banddirector

i have been using an 8800 on windows xp for two months without major problems.

Same here ....

-----------------------------------
Is Vista just Windows XP Service Pack 3 with eye candy?
hammiestudios homepage www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

17. Re: Message to whiners... Feb 20, 2007, 23:00 MuzixMon

I was used to bi-monthly (if not sooner) NVidia driver updates. That's what made me choose them when I purchased my graphics card(s). I look forward to driver updates not only for bugfixes and such but for improvement in game performance. Particullarly the newest games that have been released that don't run optimally yet.
Ever since they started concentrating on Vista drivers, XP drivers were put on the backburner.

---

When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

16. Re: Message to whiners... Feb 20, 2007, 22:19 Decoy

Uhh, right. No problems with this AIW.

And I really hate whining babies that whine about the whiners. Be constructive. People have legitimate complaints. Official driver releases every 4-6 months? Official driver releases a month after an OS ships? Was Nvidia sleeping for the five years Vista was being coded?

Nvidia makes some good hardware but just admit that their drivers teams aren't what they could/should be.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 22:22.

15. ... Feb 20, 2007, 22:14 theyarecomingforyou

i dont understand what people are complaining about. i have been using an 8800 on windows xp for two months without major problems.
There have been plenty of complaints online, particularly about Vista drivers (flickering in the Texas Hold'Em game for one). I have read countless complaints on the forums I visit so I'm pretty sure there is a reason... I can't believe so many people would make up stories for the sake of it. There have been more complaints about the 8xxx series of cards than I've seen for pretty much every other nVidia release. I'm glad that you haven't had a problem but apparently a lot of others have.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

14. No subject Feb 20, 2007, 21:40 zirik

i dont understand what people are complaining about. i have been using an 8800 on windows xp for two months without major problems. in the mean time, my all-in-wonder card still does not sync audio with video. and they have had catalyst drivers for all-in-wonder for years now.

13. Re: Message to whiners... Feb 20, 2007, 21:14 Pumas

Dude, I think you better get that soapbox back to the rental shop. I hear the late fees are a real bitch

V

How will I know limits from lies if I never try?

12. Re: Message to whiners... Feb 20, 2007, 20:52 SpectralMeat

Genuine complaints is one thing but when you have a world full of impressionable fools that listen and parrot foolish whiners, all of the sudden other fools have to make foolish decisions to address the foolish mob mentality of idiotic whiners. See a pattern?

Uhhmm huh?

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 20:52.

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: vid card progression Feb 20, 2007, 20:49 Pumas

Speaking of DirectX and ATI...how are ATI cards handling DX10?

V

How will I know limits from lies if I never try?

10. Message to whiners... Feb 20, 2007, 20:39 HardCore

Message to whiners...

I hate whining babies that whine because that is what they like to do. Ohh did you run out of starforce threads to whine about...

What XP driver needs fixing? What specific fixes are you whining about than need updating?
Is it really a deal breaker?

Unfortunately all the Nvidia whiners, especially that class action site that is entirely motivated by making money, will hurt the market more than help it.
Genuine complaints is one thing but when you have a world full of impressionable fools that listen and parrot foolish whiners, all of the sudden other fools have to make foolish decisions to address the foolish mob mentality of idiotic whiners. See a pattern?

For you ATI fans (not best product/price fans), if Nvidia actually dropped out of the game, then AMD/ATI would suck balls without genuine competition. I have no doubt they would go back to exclusive OEM deals and onboard video.

All you have to do is use a All In Wonder card to see how really poor ATI drivers are. One good reason to drop the product line.

My Nvidia XP driver is 2 months old and I am fine with that. Everything works fine. Somebody has to take a stand against foolish whiners. But if you need to prove you are not just a whiner then:
What specific fixes are you whining about than need updating? (there are a few especially with the newest product line)
Is it really a deal breaker?
Have you communicated the need to Nvidia or are you just filling forums with your whining cause it's the next thing you can whine about?

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 20:47.

9. Re: vid card progression Feb 20, 2007, 20:20 Hanneth

NVIDIA drivers have always been bad. Ever tried programming some thing to work on one of their cards? I've found it to be extremely frustrating.

ATI used to have bad drivers, then they wanted to get back in the game and hired some driver developers and came out with the Catalyst program. Now their driver's aren't perfect, but most of the time if there's a problem, I've traced it back to my code.

NVIDIA more often then not, if there's a problem it's because they don't properly support some thing in DirectX, or it's broken in the set of WHQL drivers I tested it on.

The crappy drivers and hardware that likes to fry are why I'm a fanATIc.

8. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2007, 19:47 Joss

Jesus, they can't win for loosing can they?

They finally get something out to stop the yelling of Vista users, but then get it from the other end from XP.

Do I even have to say it?

7. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2007, 19:19 MuzixMon

This pisses me off too! Where the hell are the XP drivers???? What's it been 4 months??? They'd rather fuck around with Vista drivers for the 10 people who are using it than update them for the millions that are using XP!
Yeah, they got their priorities straight!

---
This comment was edited on Feb 20, 19:21.

6. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2007, 18:26 Bone43

"I have been over my entire system, checked every part but still get random lockups ( some times after 3 hours, other times after 2 weeks ) and it all points to Nvidias shitty drivers for 8800 in XP."

I here ya i went back to my 7950 GX2 and no problems Nvidia has really got lame on there drivers!

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 18:26.

5. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2007, 17:22 Howin

I have been over my entire system, checked every part but still get random lockups ( some times after 3 hours, other times after 2 weeks ) and it all points to Nvidias shitty drivers for 8800 in XP.

4. No subject Feb 20, 2007, 17:10 nin

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 20, 18:16.

3. Re: Finally Feb 20, 2007, 16:32 Strango

I'll second that, the current XP 8800 drivers aren't exactly stellar.

2. Re: Finally Feb 20, 2007, 16:18 Bucky

So, when are us poor XP saps gettin' an update? It's been 4 months now...

---
Xfire: GreySpire
We want Blue's News T-shirts!

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo