Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars to Consoles, Not Delayed

Activision and id Software announce plans to release Enemy Territory: Quake Wars for the Xbox 360 and PS3. The announcement makes two mentions of Splash Damage's upcoming multiplayer shooter being one of the most anticipated titles of 2007, which seems to clarify that the recent mention of the game's fiscal 2008 release window (story) does not actually represent a delay. Word is the Xbox 360 edition is being created by Nerve Software while the PS3 edition is in the works at Z-Axis.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. No subject Feb 19, 2007, 19:05 Masa

Honestly can't wait to play this game on the PC because that's where I've played every other Quake game, but good to see this IP spreading out to a wider audience.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: consoles Feb 18, 2007, 17:09 CR0C0

Console to PC versions are consolitis afflicted but pc to console versions are dumbed down only for consoles. PC users will have full config access, and full modding access, like all id games and console users will be stuck with basically default settings.

42. Re: consoles Feb 18, 2007, 17:05 CR0C0

Come on now. id has always released console versions YEARS after the pc version. They're not going to put off the opportunity to start collecting revenue on ETQW to have a multi platform launch when they have no idea how long it will take to get the console versions out.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 17:06.

41. No subject Feb 13, 2007, 20:20 nin

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 13, 21:15.

40. No subject Feb 13, 2007, 18:34 tweakboy

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 13, 21:17.

http://www.hammiestudios.com
Free Full Album MP3 Download!

39. No subject Feb 13, 2007, 18:13 [VG]Reagle

You all missing the point. Its a FISCAL 2008 delivery date. Thats differant then a calender 2007 release date. Fiscal 2008 could easily mean summer or fall 2007. It does at my company.

Boooyyyayyayayaayaaaaaaa

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

38. Re: consoles Feb 13, 2007, 18:13 MuzixMon

The reason why Quake Wars hasn't been released yet IS THE CONSOLES! I bet the PC version is almost 100% complete but it's being put on a back shelf so the console development could catch up. No matter what they tell you, I'd bet that this is the truth.

Valve has done this with HL2 episode2 / TF2 as well. If they weren't porting the games on the console, we'd already be playing TF2.

I'd bet the same goes for Epic too. We are waiting for the console versions for UT3 to be completed before we see it.

Anyway you look at it the PC gamer gets shafted.

It's funny, the biggest titles PC gamers had to themselves are now everyone's game. I'd bet when HL3 rolls around (in 2011 or whenever it does) it's going to come out for the consoles FIRST and a PC version will be secondary... that's IF there is even going to be a PC version.

It's looking as though the only games that are going to be PC exclusive titles are a select few MMORPGs... who knows maybe the consoles will take over MMORPGs as well???

"When all that's left is console gaming, I will game no more."

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

37. Re: consoles Feb 13, 2007, 17:03 Hump

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/38938

I guess you didn't hear the news over a year ago that Raven is doing the new Wolfenstein??
This message was edited at Feb 13, 16:36.
This message was edited at Feb 13, 16:37.
This message was edited at Feb 13, 16:37.
This message was edited at Feb 13, 16:38.
This message was edited at Feb 13, 16:38.

you had to edit that 5 times before you were happy with it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.
This comment was edited on Feb 13, 17:04.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

36. No subject Feb 13, 2007, 17:01 nin

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 13, 17:05.

35. Re: consoles Feb 13, 2007, 16:46 DG

sOringally Raven was announced as doing the new Wolf, then Kevin Cloud told G4TV it was Raven and Nerve ( http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=61203 ), subequently there has just been no mention of Nerve in the rare Wolf comments.

34. Re: consoles Feb 13, 2007, 16:35 Orion

for me, the only bad thing in this announcement is confirmation Nerve aren't doing the new Wolfenstien.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/38938

I guess you didn't hear the news over a year ago that Raven is doing the new Wolfenstein??

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 16:38.

33. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2007, 16:06 Zephalephelah

Wait a minute......

So the CONSOLES aren't delayed, but it makes no mention that the console versions didn't delay the PC version? hmmmmmm.

Once again displaying his complete lack of intelligence & understanding, xXFagmanXx completely misses the boat.

How can I make this clear to you since you're so obviously severely retarded...

OH I know, I'll just use Blue's Title for the news:
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars to Consoles, Not Delayed.

Is that plain enough for you retard?

Here, just in case, let me explain it for you in 3 baby steps.
1> It was reported to be delayed.
2> It is now reported that the release dates given were for the Console versions.
3> Therefore, the game is not currently reported as delayed.

32. Oh please! Feb 13, 2007, 15:31 KS

Oh, please let the PC play vs. the consoles.

Those fumble-thumbed bums need a lesson.

31. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2007, 15:23 SpectralMeat

Krisz honestly.. shaddup already.

The money that is made off of Console games, portables etc will always outsell the PC Versions.

Heh yeah whatever

Steam: SpectralMeat

30. consoles Feb 13, 2007, 15:18 DG

PC, Xbox and PS3 versions are all being made by seperate developers - respectively Splashdamage, Nerve and Z-Axis. There should be negligible effect on development time for the PC version, if any delays are resulting from other games it's the fact that id Software are working on their own new game.

There's no reason for the PC version to be "dumbed down" for the console market either, as there is no indication of a direct ported to the other formats (which I imagine is impossible for Cell anyway). Additionally, as far as tech goes, the consoles are amply capable against the minimum spec of the PC version.

Console players aren't all noobs. There is a tendency for console games to be relatively dumbed down because while the PC market is all about niche, on consoles the mass market approach works, and people are less entrenched in specific genres.

for PC this merely means the game gets more marketing.

for me, the only bad thing in this announcement is confirmation Nerve aren't doing the new Wolfenstien.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 15:20.

29. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2007, 15:05 The Half Elf

Krisz honestly.. shaddup already.

The money that is made off of Console games, portables etc will always outsell the PC Versions.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

28. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2007, 14:16 SpectralMeat

I agree but console game experience will never be the same as playing games on the PC. I had a 360 and i returned it after the first day of playing it.

I really hope the games coming out this year will make PC a platform for gaming again. Crysis, Alan Wake, Supreme Commander, UT3 the games i am really looking forward to play on the PC.

Steam: SpectralMeat

27. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2007, 14:06 nin

I guess PC gamers are the enthusiast kind and console gamers are the average joes and kidos who doesn't want to bother with upgrading and tweaking.

My opinion: That's it exactly. Parents don't want to upgrade all the time just for the kids, plus they'd rather have the kids off the computer anyway. Boom. Here's a console.

What's worse is that, as I get older (32 next month), I find myself gravitating more towards consoles. I don't want to fiddle w/ video drivers, sound drivers, or ini files to make something work right. I don't want to have to buy a $400 video card (and then install it and possibly trouble shoot it). I don't want to screw with random crash errors. Or going and finding the latest patch (instead of it just being pushed down to me). Every year, my gaming time gets shorter and shorter, it seems like. I just want to pop in a disc and go. And consoles allow me to do that...

-----------------------------------------------------
http://yearzero.nin.com/
www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

26. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2007, 14:04 Masa

Yup - the sheeple are ALWAYS the majority.

Oh yes, the collective heard will strip you of your individuality if you play FF XII or any other fine game on a console.

Who gives a shit about console gamers.

The people who write the checks. I'm just not understanding why you're against this being released on the console platform. PC gaming's rebel element suddenly being violated when a once PC-exclusive brandname crosses over? It's not even doing that, it's just being adapted to another platform.

it makes no mention that the console versions didn't delay the PC version?

All that tells me is that they had both versions in development for awhile. If the didn't originally plan on porting the game to consoles, and made the plan at a later date, they probably didn't see a point in announcing a delay since the game wouldn't be out for quite a while yet (which I'm guessing the game has been in development for a couple of years now).

Either way, looking forward to this one a lot...

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 14:04.

25. Chalk up another one. Feb 13, 2007, 14:03 Wilson

I'm actually very glad that I've started the gradual process of becoming apathetic towards games in general. It is, I have to say, quite convenient timing: in a few years I'll (finally) be too busy to really be quite the gamer I used to be, and here comes Vista and the March of the Consoles. Even two years ago, this kind of announcement would've had me spitting acid, since Quake Wars is one of the few games I am looking forward to playing; I read this today and proclaim "figures," then go back to sleep.

Speaking of which--

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo