Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Team Fortress 2 Update

This week's new Steam Message offers a Team Fortress 2 image and a development update on Valve's long awaited shooter:

Team Fortress 2 is really moving along in development. In fact, things have reached a point where people start getting pretty antsy around the office as we get closer and closer to the 6:00 p.m. playtest session. We will be sharing more information about TF2 over the next couple of months, and we'll make sure to point that out to people here. We've included an illustration of some of the TF2 characters here that is currently being used for the start-up screen for the game.

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

67. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 14, 2007, 21:03 maplebob

Vista might end up destroying Microsoft too. I heard it was the biggest, most expensive product roll out in history and hardly anybody knew!

Well, probably until there are opposing OS's that don't generate ^H's and ^?'s when one hits the backspace key, nothing can actually destroy MS but it has to be a huge embarrassment.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

66. Re: No subject Feb 14, 2007, 20:52 maplebob

The Steam business model is to make you wait a year and then not load when you finally get the game.

Then you have to have Steam running all the time even if you don't want to play steam but just want to play Half-Life 2.

After Steam, I no longer pre-order any game and I no longer buy Valve games.

The same people who fear MS's stranglehold on their PC's have no problem with the same thing from Valve. They're pretty much the same business model. They both kill games on the PC.

BTW, free demos were not invented by Steam. There've been free demos for ages. They used to call it shareware and you got a whole 1/3rd of the game for free.

65. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 14, 2007, 17:44 Hump

Bitch, when I want you to utter some inane reply, I'll uncork your asshole so you can talk again.

in his following post:

You are not creative & therefore use pathetically common one-liners.

can you understand why people see you coming off as a complete douchebag?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

64. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 13, 2007, 20:24 DrEvil

Another zinger, good job. You impress us all.

63. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2007, 17:59 Icewind

every game that i wanted was available within 10 miles within the first release day or two. and i do work you can check with the local municipality.

i dont appreciate your tone and your post simply shows the amazing level of ignorance in suburban america

quite honestly you make me sick

Who is the one getting all their ignorant, offensive, rude posts removed by Blue? You are.

Guess we know who the sick one is now, eh Fred?

62. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 12, 2007, 11:02 Zephalephelah

You are not creative & therefore use pathetically common one-liners.

But that's okay because we need people like you to make the rest of look good. I mean, hey if there are people who have IQs of 120, then there have to be people in the world that have IQs of 80. Dr. Evil, thank you for being an 80. You make us all look better. Thank you!

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 11:03.

61. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 19:26 DrEvil

Good one, if you're 10 years old.

60. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 17:12 Zephalephelah

Bitch, when I want you to utter some inane reply, I'll uncork your asshole so you can talk again.

59. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 16:34 Krovven

Thanks for proving my point!

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Day of Defeat Source.

58. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 16:07 Zephalephelah

Dagok, if I wanted any lip from you, I'll kick Moozilla in the ass so it shakes his dick.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 17:12.

57. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 14:59 Krovven

His mamma repeatedly dropped him on his head in an ongoing attempt to get rid of the ugly child

You would know from personal experience.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Day of Defeat Source.

56. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 13:49 Warskull

QuakeWars isn't free. It's not even released.

And I couldnt give a toss about some 1990's game.

Wolf:ET was a great game and still is a great game. If you are too stubborn to try it, you have missed out on some awesome game play. Sucks to be you.

55. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 10:45 Zephalephelah

Don't pay attention to mOOzilla. His mamma repeatedly dropped him on his head in an ongoing attempt to get rid of the ugly child, but she just couldn't bring herself to outright murder. Now, many years later, we all wish she had more balls than just the two s/he had.

54. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 10:31 mOOzilla

QuakeWars isn't free. It's not even released.

And I couldnt give a toss about some 1990's game.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 10:31.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

53. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 10:13 CreamyBlood

Does anybody know how to stop this crap

Wolf:ET is free. Stop the crap yourself.

52. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 10:00 mOOzilla

They releasd this comment just incase we seemed to be distracted by other games on the market. This is just an advertisment as a reminder. Hey dudes, dont forget about TF2! oh yeah and we will remind you about Portal and EP2 later.

I am sick and tired of being brainwashed in BattleField2 game every time I log in (eventually when it decides to let me log in) first thing I see is the BattleField 2142 splash.

Does anybody know how to stop this crap, aside from not running BattleField 2 (I will do that once QuakeWars is out :))

----

51. Re: does anyone still care? Feb 11, 2007, 09:04 Nighthawk

Yeah, you've got my entire personality pegged with one comment.
2142 isn't a terrible game, it's playable, stable (at least on my computer), and fun.
Like most, it needed some polishing before releasing, but as gamers we've allowed that to be acceptable.

50. Re: TF #2 Feb 11, 2007, 06:14 Jerykk

That too.

49. Re: TF #2 Feb 11, 2007, 03:19 mOOzilla

Wouldnt it be cooler if it was actually ORIGINAL material?

----

48. Re: TF #2 Feb 11, 2007, 00:56 Jerykk

Would probably be cooler if I had actually bought into the story in the first place.

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo