Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Euro Armed Assault Details

505 Games announces additional content that will be present in the European edition of ArmA: Armed Assault when Bohemia Interactive's military shooter is released on the continent on February 16:

Milton Keynes, UK – February 8th 2007: Publisher 505 Games is today delighted to announce that the forthcoming military combat simulator ArmA: Armed Assault will be supported during its February launch period by additional content and features.

February 16th marks the launch of the world’s most accurate videogame combat simulation in the UK and the rest of Europe(1). ArmA: Armed Assault has already been dazzling UK reviewers pre-launch, for instance scoring a massive 84 per cent and being awarded a Silver ‘Recommended’ medal of honour in the March issue of Future Publishing’s PC Zone magazine.

ArmA: Armed Assault will feature additional content not present in the German and Eastern European versions already on sale. This exclusive content includes a raft of new weapons, two new aircraft and two motorbikes, as well as an exclusive new open-ended mission. 505 Games is also pleased to announce that SecuROM copy protection has been perfectly implemented and integrated into ArmA, with zero slow down or adverse performance effects.

To further bolster the appeal and playability of this unique war simulation, the game’s developer - Bohemia Interactive - will release a new game patch for the German and Eastern European versions before the end of February. The patch ensures an internationally unified playing environment for all users.

ArmA: Armed Assault releases on PC-DVD on February 16th, from publisher 505 Games.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. the demo.... Feb 9, 2007, 09:55 Shataan

I just upgraded to the UBER system and am running the Armed Assault demo maxed out @ 1024x768x32. The visuals are amazing when compared to Flashpoints. I pity the foo`s who gotta run this 1 by turning down the visuals settings.

The release here can`t come fast enough for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: bout freaking time.... Feb 9, 2007, 01:42 OldScho0l

" The patch does also change the language for the interface and options menu."

I used a manual patch. I guess I should reinstall and use the auto install patcher.

Thanks Strango

13. Re: bout freaking time.... Feb 9, 2007, 01:40 OldScho0l

"Codemasters owns the franchise and Bohemia Interactive no longer works with them."

Ahhhh... That explains it. I hadz no idea. Thanks Jerykk

12. Re: bout freaking time.... Feb 8, 2007, 22:08 Jerykk

I don't understand why the game isn't called Operation Flashpoint II.

Codemasters owns the franchise and Bohemia Interactive no longer works with them.

11. Re: bout freaking time.... Feb 8, 2007, 21:42 Strango

The patch does also change the language for the interface and options menu.

10. Re: bout freaking time.... Feb 8, 2007, 20:57 OldScho0l

"I purchased the German version online back in November and used a user-made English patch. So I've been playing it in English for a while now."

KaRRiLLioN,
Does the patch that you used change the language for the interface and options menu? The one I used only changes voices and some text.

I don't understand why the game isn't called Operation Flashpoint II. Either way, Great Game.

9. This Game Roxs Feb 8, 2007, 20:52 OldScho0l

I've been playing this and it's pretty cool. It's exactly like Operation Flashpoint, which also rox. I'm loving it.

8. Re: bout freaking time.... Feb 8, 2007, 18:33 KaRRiLLioN

I purchased the German version online back in November and used a user-made English patch. So I've been playing it in English for a while now.

7. Re: bout freaking time.... Feb 8, 2007, 18:17 DangerDog

Probably it has to do with control issues, BiS is a small studio and someone like EA would make them change too many things.

It’ll be interesting to see who did pick it up for US but it’ll probably be a small time publisher like groove games I bet.

This game rests solely with the fans spreading word of mouth to other gamers, it’s too hard core sim for the casual crowd of arcade fps games.

6. Re: bout freaking time.... Feb 8, 2007, 17:51 Peardog

You would think with the ease of Online distribution that Online, Stream Distribution would have been the answer... but maybe it costs BIS more to do it if they have to Pay a larger cut to Valve for the Stream Service..??? (aka Itunes..)
there are other services out there also that will do this and I personally got my copy from a German Pay Download site..
Crazy..

5. bout freaking time.... Feb 8, 2007, 17:24 Shataan

The Euros are all playing some version or other of AA, the N. Americans get this 1 dead last. With the success of Flashpoint, I can`t imagine why a U.S. Publisher was not found a long time ago.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 17:24.

4. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2007, 15:56 Strango

BIS also made a press release today with news of a confirmed deal with a North American publisher, but no specifics have been given yet.

We are pleased to give you a comprehensive update of where we are with our latest tactical combat simulation game ArmA.

European Release
ArmA: Armed Assault for the European/Worldwide release by 505 Games went Gold and 16th February is now confirmed as the release date. The full list of countries where 505 Games will distribute the game (in no particular order): United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino and The Vatican Cit, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Liechtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Israel, Middle East, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Japan.

You can pre-order ArmA from Amazon.co.uk and many other retail outlets in various countries covered by 505 Games publishing.

North American Release
We are pleased to confirm that we secured a publisher for North America. An announcement about the North American release of ArmA will follow shortly - stay tuned!

English Online Direct Download Release
The full English version of ArmA will be available for purchase via the online games service Sprocket from 27th February worldwide.

Patch 1.05
Before the end of February we plan to release a new patch 1.05 for all editions of ArmA that will ensure an internationally unified game environment. The patch will also improve various aspects of the game for the existing users, including:

* reworked and improved multiplayer game browser screen
* improved Voice over Net
* dedicated server platform underwent big stability and performance improvement
* ability to turn off grass in video options and grass flattened around soldiers for improved visibility.
* visually improved and smoother LOD switching
* various performance and stability optimizations
* new modern style GPS device displaying small map on top of game view in some situations for easier navigation
* support for more keyboard shortcuts to actions
* generally improved AI (including driving and combat)
* new content: Su-34 Fighter and Su-34 Bomber, TT650 and M1030 military motorcycles, AKS74PSO, KSVK, M107 and M16A4
* and more...

Editing Tools
We're going to start beta testing of ArmA editing tools soon. The process of releasing the entire necessary infrastructure to the community will be our ongoing effort in the upcoming months and we're working hard on it. Please be patient and understand that this is not something that will happen at one point but intstead we'll be releasing one piece of the tools after another. The BI Community Wiki will remain the main place for us to share all important information related to ArmA editing with the community and it is also the best official place already containing comprehensive information on various aspects of editing and modifying ArmA.

For more ArmA news, please visit armedassault.com.

3. No subject Feb 8, 2007, 15:50 DangerDog

gogamer.com will have the UK 505 version for $44.90 on the 22nd.

http://tinyurl.com/yp7sfs

2. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2007, 13:10 Viranth

Now I just hope the EU-retail isn't uberlaggy like the demo was. Really looking forward to see what the modding community drags out of the bag.

1. No subject Feb 8, 2007, 11:18 Nick W

securerom, perfectly implemeted. That's a good one.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo