Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rainbow Six Vegas Patch

The Rainbow Six Website offers a new patch for Rainbow Six Vegas, updating the tactical shooter sequel to version 1.04. The new version fixes a PunkBuster problem, a re-join issue, and looping sound issues on multiplayer maps as well a completion of previously non-localized content. Thanks Frans.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Some Issues... Feb 8, 2007, 10:13 4D-Boxing

FYI.

Renaming the .exe to FEAR boost the performance. Not sure what impact it will have on your system, but on mine I went from 40 FPS in the first part of the Intro level to 70 FPS. THose numbers come from FRAPS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Some Issues... Jan 31, 2007, 07:40 The Half Elf

And Ubisoft did make it's own version of GRAW.

Turns out the problem with the 1.04 patch is that it was missing 1 Punkbuster file.

But now that I got that fixed it plays a bit smoother and haven't had any other issues.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: Some Issues... Jan 31, 2007, 05:24 Jerykk

I bought neither R6: Vegas or SC:DA.

12. Re: Some Issues... Jan 31, 2007, 05:19 CreamyBlood

Why do you guys consistently buy this crap when it first comes out especially after bitching over and over again about past problems with initial releases from the same publishers?

Can't you wait a week or two? Just read a review or three, see if it works with your video card, check out the games forums for tech support? I mean, you seem to be perpetuating this problem by giving these scam artists your money on launch or even pre-ordering. What's a few days or a couple of weeks?

It reminds me of the guy freaking out about the Sin Episodes because all consumers are sheep, yet he invested in an unproven business model (Is there a half life ep2 yet?) and feels ripped off.

I've been reading these forums for years but in the last couple it looks like most games are shoved out the door unfinished.

So wait a few days or weeks and research your purchase. I'm not sure why anyone is suprised anymore when they get a shoddy product, I'm just having trouble understanding why you're giving them money when you obviously know better.

11. Re: Some Issues... Jan 31, 2007, 04:19 Jerykk

I don't have the game, but I'm pretty sure it does not use UE3.

Alas, you'd be wrong.

The problem with Ubisoft's recent ports is that they are clearly not optimized in the least for the PC. SC:DA also ran like crap considering that the visuals were only a little better than SC:CT (which ran a hell of a lot better).

Ubisoft needs to get its head out of its ass and put some effort into the ports. Or God forbid, actually make a PC exclusive game.

10. Re: Some Issues... Jan 31, 2007, 00:15 Krovven

Tried to play this game a few weeks back, which lasted about 10min. Runs equivilant to how Halo PC ran when it was released. With all graphics turned to low at 1024x768 I was maybe getting between 10 and 15fps. Everytime I moved the mouse to take aim, it jumped about an inch or so on the screen.

My system is about 2 years old now, but still runs most games just fine at 1240x960 with effects on Medium. AMD FX-53, 1gig ram, BFG 6800 Ultra OC 256mb...but to have R6 Vegas run so poorly was a shock.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Day of Defeat Source.

9. Re: Some Issues... Jan 30, 2007, 22:34 John

What does UE3 have to do with widescreen? And more importantly, what does UE3 have to do with R6:Vegas? I don't have the game, but I'm pretty sure it does not use UE3.

This space is available for rent

8. Re: Some Issues... Jan 30, 2007, 21:54 ochentay4

ehmmm, please dont start saying stupid things....
i really hate this game and i really hate ubi, epic and everyone involved with unreal 3 engine because they still DO NOT SUPPORT WIDESCREEN RESOLUTIONS!

7. Re: Some Issues... Jan 30, 2007, 21:39 The Half Elf

That's why you don't buy ATI

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Some Issues... Jan 30, 2007, 21:28 Jerykk

They should release a patch that makes the game run less horribly. With my X1900XTX, I should never get single-digit framerates, especially not indoors.

5. Re: Some Issues... Jan 30, 2007, 20:02 Robitaille20

90+ MB and this is all it fixes (and I've read some are saying the fixes don't work!)

* Fixed PunkBuster client getting kicked after a change of map on the PunkBuster dedicated server.

* Fixed a problem when trying to re-join a server that the user has just left.

* Added all previously non-translated sections to the Engine localized files.

* Fixed looping sound issues in Multiplayer maps.

4. Re: Some Issues... Jan 30, 2007, 19:48 AhrimaaN

does this fix the fact that chat text doesnt disappear? or that when you respawn half the time you will fire off a whole clip and likely kill a team mate? Or the dying thru fast repelling when a friend is doing it (somehow like telefragging - best I can describe it)

??

3. Re: Some Issues... Jan 30, 2007, 17:57 The Half Elf

Thanks found it and got it all patched up.

WTF is up with Ubi? They had great patching with GRAW but totally dropping the ball on this one.

2. Re: Some Issues... Jan 30, 2007, 17:48 Robitaille20

It's a bad patch...and has people PISSED! Supposedly there is a community discovered work around...but what I'm reading is that you have to uninstall and reinstall to get the patch to work if you don't use the work around! LAME
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/8621062925

1. Some Issues... Jan 30, 2007, 17:27 The Half Elf

Downloaded the patch, says it's missing a file. Start up R6, and it starts downloading the 1.04 patch (which it already had) and still saying it's missing a file.

Anyone else getting this?

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo