Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BlackSite: Area 51 Announced

Midway Confirms Theory Is A Fact; BlackSite(TM) Area 51(R) Is Coming Summer 2007 is the press release officially announcing development of BlackSite: Area 51, in case there were any doubts about plans for this shooter sequel after three previews, a batch of screenshots, and a gameplay movie. Here's a bit from the official announcement:

LONDON – JANUARY 29, 2007 – Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY), a leading interactive entertainment industry publisher and developer, today announced BlackSite™: Area 51®, an action packed, first person shooter experience which pits gamers against alien enemy forces using the infamous U.S. government landmark, Area 51®, and the surrounding areas as the battlefield backdrop. BlackSite: Area 51 is currently in development for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for the PC.

Developed by Midway Studios - Austin, BlackSite: Area 51 is a next-generation game that will redefine the first person shooter (FPS) genre. While other FPS titles claim to feature “action-packed, highly realistic gameplay,” BlackSite: Area 51 takes next-gen gaming to an all-new level integrating cutting edge technology, game design and story writing to create the ultimate entertainment experience. The player’s modern-day emotions and fears are driven into a world charged with grave responsibility affecting lives hanging in the balance and eventually finding himself torn between his professional orders and his own ethical standards. In the end, only the actions of the player and his squad can shape the outcome of BlackSite: Area 51 during this potentially pivotal moment in history.

“BlackSite: Area 51 gives players the opportunity to experience next-generation, first person shooter action in one of the world’s most intriguing and mysterious environments,” said Denise Fulton, studio head, Midway Studios - Austin. “Gamers will be instantly immersed in the game’s seamless storyline, set in the desert and small towns surrounding Area 51 that feature highly detailed environments that transform themselves into awesome battlefields. Without question, BlackSite: Area 51 will raise the bar in the next generation FPS genre with its stunning visuals, life-like squad interactions and its multitude of online multiplayer modes.”

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: No subject Jan 30, 2007, 06:29 SpectralMeat

tweakboy mate can you read the end of the first column on the top of this page. The yellow text.

quote: BlackSite: Area 51 is currently in development for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for the PC.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 23:28 Masa

zephawhatthefuckever comments just shows how stupid he is

Really, he's a retard? You don't say. Of all the people to miss out on the Darwin Awards.

17. No subject Jan 29, 2007, 22:36 tweakboy

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 2, 09:20.

http://www.hammiestudios.com
Free Full Album MP3 Download!

16. Re: You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 20:47 Zephalephelah

Yeah, that was funny

15. Re: You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 20:13 SpectralMeat

Gosh darn it, am I one of the "stupid fucks"?
ROFL !

14. Re: You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 19:47 MuzixMon

This game looks great and the multiplayer features are EXACTLY what I'm looking for! 2 PLAYER CO-OP is all I had to see and this game is a must buy! If they add the feature to be able to play the console players that will be great! PC Gamers could show these console fanboys why FPS are best on PCs. The last game I remember that let the console players play against PC players is Quake 3 with the Dreamcast. All you had to do in order to play the console players is download a map pack of the Dreamcast maps and thats it!

Shit, I am starting to look forward to this title more than I am UT3... well maybe not that much!

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

13. Re: You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 19:22 Overon

Gosh darn it, am I one of the "stupid fucks"?

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 19:23.

12. Re: You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 15:36 Darks

zephawhatthefuckever comments just shows how stupid he is, he takes the time to bash the games announcement "and btw this is just one of 3 thats come out in the past few weeks" so he must be living under a rock that hes to lazy to click on an official link thats right on the front of Blues News review section for this game. Dude you are your own worst enemy, you must have decided to wake up and say hey lets have everyone fuck with me day. Get a life dude, why do you even bother to vist this site and post comments that makes you look so stupid?

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

11. Re: You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 14:20 SpectralMeat

For all you angry people :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjOPdk

10. Re: You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 14:12 Alamar

... I don't have the time to deal with more of your inane drivel than what I have to see by looking at your nonsense on this page.

Come on guys... Leave Zeph alone... He doesn't have time to click on the comments page (that has nothing to do with the game itself), nor the time to respond in his well thought out whinings when someone disagrees with his ignorance-infused bitching... Surely he's too busy to come back again and respond to this thread, so let the poor guy live in peace.

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 14:19.

9. No subject Jan 29, 2007, 14:04 ^mortis^

but hey, but don't let that stop you from mouthing off, zephawhatthefuckever

8. Re: You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 13:45 SpectralMeat

Actually the link he posted is right on the main Blues site under previews.

7. You idiots here... Jan 29, 2007, 13:37 Zephalephelah

It looks like Darks has a URL on his post. Apparently from your rhetoric I'm supposed to care. Apparently has screenshots. I'm still not going to open his link. You open it. I don't bother with you fucking morons. If it ain't on the news, I'm not gonna bother with your 3rd party crap. Maybe its even a useful link, so the fuck what. The fact of the matter is that I don't click on you people's links because you mostly are stupid fucks & I don't have the time to deal with more of your inane drivel than what I have to see by looking at your nonsense on this page.

6. Re: Marketing a Game Title Only? Jan 29, 2007, 13:32 Zephalephelah

Actually Shadowcunt, I do think the engine is more important because I don't really give a fuck what regurgitated thoughtless piece of meaninglessness at us for a plot.

You're a super hero out to SAVE THE WORLD!!!!

So fucking what. Let me use my computer's abilities & enjoy the eye candy. If it's a fun game, then good. If it's just a rather long movie, then good. I don't give a fuck. As long as it's not a terrible game like Doom3, then BRING ON THE EYE CANDY BABY!!!!!

5. Re: Marketing a Game Title Only? Jan 29, 2007, 13:14 Shadowcat

Where's the meat? Why do I care. You aren't giving me anything new. What game engine is this based on? If it's yours, what's that based on? ... I suppose this is the end of the road?
Actually, the end of the road would be more along the lines of people thinking that the freaking game engine used to create a game is somehow more important than the game itself, rather than being the largely incidental detail that it really is.

4. Re: Marketing a Game Title Only? Jan 29, 2007, 12:30 Darks

Zephalephelah, I mean really did you even click on the link and look at the screenshots of the game? Look before you speek!

3. Re: Marketing a Game Title Only? Jan 29, 2007, 12:11 SpectralMeat

It is based on Unreal Engine 3. Why don't you read the article posted below. It has some screen shots as well. No it is not just a title it is a running game.

2. Marketing a Game Title Only? Jan 29, 2007, 12:07 Zephalephelah

Where's the meat? Why do I care. You aren't giving me anything new. What game engine is this based on? If it's yours, what's that based on?

The player’s modern-day emotions and fears are driven into a world charged with grave responsibility affecting lives hanging in the balance and eventually finding himself torn between his professional orders and his own ethical standards

The only thing I can glean from this is the possibliity that the game will deal with the ramifications of a person's actions based on his guilt level about it, but that doesn't sound interesting either.

There's not even early art sketches.

There's NOTHING here but a title & hype. I suppose this is the end of the road? Well maybe not. I suppose that Valve could say that its going to announce a title & that could be it. Then that would be the end of the road. But this is close to the end of that road. A road called Pathetic Ave.

1. No subject Jan 29, 2007, 11:42 Darks

How many times are they going to announce this game? It been announced at least 3 times now. On a better note, here is part of a review done about some of the MP features.

Multiplayer features will include two player co-op mode through the single player campaign and at least 16 player modes like deathmatch, CTF and new modes where you play as the Reborn. Smith told us that they have thought about Xbox 360 and PC platforms playing against each other but that no decision has been made yet. Our time with the demo and with Harvey Smith was brief but the final result could be a very entertaining FPS

The rest of the artical can be found here.

http://firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=14090

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 11:53.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo