Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Code of Honor Announced

City interactive announces Code of Honor: The French Foreign Legion, an upcoming value-priced first-person shooter based on the army to join if you want to forget. The first screenshots from the project can be found on 3D Gamers, and here's word:

City Interactive proudly announces that in February Code of Honor: The French Foreign Legion will hit Gold Master

Code of Honor puts you in the jungle boots of a soldier in The French Foreign Legion. The fast-paced solo campaign is based on the Foreign Legion’s most recent, heavily publicized operation: quelling a civil war in Ivory Coast. Campaign missions take place on actual real-world battlefields, carefully recreated from satellite photos and featuring realistic landscapes and local vegetation. You will enjoy the game’s realistic experience - outstanding sound and visual effects, non-player characters speaking in their native languages, and authentic Foreign Legion uniforms, weaponry, and equipment modeled in painstaking detail. On the other side, Code of Honor will hit you with lots of enemies you will need to eliminate in a fast and action oriented battlefield.

Code of Honor features:
• a full-blooded solo campaign taking place in authentic locations in Ivory Coast
• real-world Foreign Legion uniforms, weaponry, and equipment, including the FAMAS assault rifle, FRF2 sniper rifle, LRAC rocket launcher, HK UPS pistol, Aerospatiale Puma and Gazelle helicopters, and AMX 10RC and VAB ground combat vehicles
• authentic battlefields recreated from satellite photos complete with animated local vegetation, great visual and sound effects
• a fast and action oriented gameplay seen from the first person perspective
• fresh and unique topic built on world-famous army

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2007, 05:14 Jerykk

Far Cry was a tactical shooter... and then I was attacked by mutant monkeys. They destroyed the game.

The first few R6 games were tactical shooters. Ghost Recon was a tactical shooter. SWAT 3 and 4 were tactical shooters. Far Cry? Not quite. It was an arcade shooter from beginning to end. The mutant monkeys only added some much-needed diversity (and intensity... whoo, those one hit kills were doozies) to the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2007, 02:03 Zetler

Will I be able to appease Nazis and Middle East dictators in this game? That would be a change since I'm so used to going on a shooting rampage and invading any country I damn well please in games based on the American military. Gotta admit, shooting rampages are a lot more fun.

19. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2007, 16:44 PHJF

Serious Sam was exactly what it set out to be. Far Cry was a tactical shooter... and then I was attacked by mutant monkeys. They destroyed the game.

------
"Oh how awful. Did he at least die peacefully? To shreds you say. Well, how's his wife holding up? To shreds you say."

Steam + PSN: PHJF

18. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2007, 06:56 Kosumo

iThey do? Now what threat is Canada facing that they require "mooching off" the Americans? An alien invasion from outer space? Ice bears gone nuts? An Eskimo uprising?

No, an invasion form their beloved southern neighbours in a pre-emptive "Sercuring the Homeland, Operation Buffer Zone"

17. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2007, 06:00 CJ_Parker

As far as quality went, I'd rank the French military definitely higher than the Canadian military (now those guys really mooch off the American

They do? Now what threat is Canada facing that they require "mooching off" the Americans? An alien invasion from outer space? Ice bears gone nuts? An Eskimo uprising?

...while the US funded the reconstruction of Europe...

Is that what they teach you at American schools these days? That the US "funded" the reconstruction of Europe? And only out of the good of their heart to help the poor European puppies, right? OK. Just checking. Because if they do lie to you then they should at least have the decency to make it a total lie. Looks like they did a good job. American brainwashing FTW!

----------------------------
*** Born to troll ***

16. Re: Looks OK Jan 21, 2007, 05:24 Jerykk

Riiigghhttt... because man-eating apes belonged in Far Cry, but not Serious Sam.

Uh, who's complaining about the mutant monkeys? Oh wait, you are. I thought those guys were great. And I honestly hope you aren't trying to argue that Serious Sam is better than Far Cry....

15. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2007, 05:08 Masa

The Foreign Legion isn't the french army either...

Oh yes they are. The French armies sent overseas to hold onto their foreign possessions were pretty crack, the ones kept back to secure the home front were typically not so good.

The French Foreign Legion is known for being pretty damn tough, and the whole point about it is that they're effectively mercenaries.

Yeah, they had to be to hold onto what overseas possession the French wanted to keep. After WW2, the French military at home at been defeated and humiliated, the Foreign Legion was what got the most money and resources while the US funded the reconstruction of Europe. That allowed them to operate in Africa and South America, keeping the old colonies secured.

As far as quality went, I'd rank the French military definitely higher than the Canadian military (now those guys really mooch off the Americans), or Germany in some respects.

14. Re: Looks OK Jan 21, 2007, 04:39 PHJF

Riiigghhttt... because man-eating apes belonged in Far Cry, but not Serious Sam.

------
"Oh how awful. Did he at least die peacefully? To shreds you say. Well, how's his wife holding up? To shreds you say."

13. Re: Looks OK Jan 21, 2007, 03:46 Jerykk

I think he also called Serious Sam crap.

Yeah, but Far Cry was substantially better than SS. One can justify calling SS crap because it's basically Doom with polygons whereas Far Cry was just awesome all around.

12. Re: Looks OK Jan 21, 2007, 02:05 sir

I think they should call it Code of Surrender: Cheese-eating retreat monkeys.

11. Re: Looks OK Jan 21, 2007, 01:05 PHJF

I think he also called Serious Sam crap.

------

10. Re: Looks OK Jan 21, 2007, 00:29 Jerykk

No way to tell but I'll wager this isn't Far Cry(real crap), Halo (real, real crap), Serious Sam (Honestly) or even Quake 4.

Wait, did you just call Far Cry crap?

9. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2007, 22:40 verybad

The Foreign Legion isn't the french army either...

The French Foreign Legion is known for being pretty damn tough, and the whole point about it is that they're effectively mercenaries. (So Actual French people don't have to do the dirty work?).

The Foreign Legion is a world famous fighting force, and it's cool that they're being put in a game.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 22:41.

8. No subject Jan 20, 2007, 21:14 tweakboy

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 21, 14:58.

http://www.hammiestudios.com
Free Full Album MP3 Download!

7. Looks OK Jan 20, 2007, 20:59 Ahumado

I won't confuse budget with overblown, overdone and overhyped.
I'd but this game cause I want to play a FPS that does what the genre is sposed to do and I think this might be it. No way to tell but I'll wager this isn't Far Cry(real crap), Halo (real, real crap), Serious Sam (Honestly) or even Quake 4.

Sam

6. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2007, 20:37 PHJF

Oh I know ALL about the French Foreigh Legion... I've SEEN Legionnaire!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0126388/

------

5. No subject Jan 20, 2007, 20:13 Acleacius

What would be sad is if it has become necessary for any non state of the art FPS is relegated to value/budget ware and this seems to be what's happening, with less and less titles being made.

Has the marking/PR campain to have better graphics every waking day, coming back to bite us and are we blind in this PR scam in FPS genre?

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succesion of violent images.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

4. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2007, 20:07 MuzixMon

Actually the screenshots don't really look too bad... BUT we all know you can't judge a game by screenshots, now can ya?

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

3. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2007, 20:00 Quboid

Actually the French Foreign Legion is interesting. It's not full of French people, which is why they consider it foreign, it's got a reputation for being somewhere to go when you have nowhere to go. You get a new identity (which you can keep or cancel when you leave after your 5 year stint), you train up fast and hard in everything, even French as most applicants won't know much. Good place for petty criminals on the run, people who owe dodgy loan sharks more money than they have, that sort of person.

The French don't treat it like a French army either. The commanders are French but the soldiers aren't, so they are considered much more expendable, they generally don't even have a registered next of kin so if they die, they're pretty much forgotten. The French army has something of a reputation for surrendering, but the FFL doesn't count - they're trained hard, not "one of us" and expendable, so they don't tend to get an easy time.

Quboid

- Quboid

2. No subject Jan 20, 2007, 19:59 blood_rose

Interesting setting for the game. The screenshots look functional and the maps look open ended.

I'm interested to see how this turns out.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo