Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Jan 9, 2007, 15:29 CrimsonPaw

Now I have to return it, wait for it to be replaced and hope I don't have to deal with anyone even remotely related to the idiot that assisted? me today when it comes to get all the shit I'd purchased through 'LIVE' back.
Good thing you didn't go buy one from a local Target or Best Buy, swap the consoles, then take it back saying it doesn't boot ...

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Jan 9, 2007, 13:42 Rseman

Well, I've hoped that would be the case....

Then again, someone else here on these boards has mentioned trouble with getting your LIVE stuff again. Always sounded a bit odd to me, as I'd assumed it would be attached to your tag, too.... Then again, I also assumed Microsoft would have semi intelligent customer support staff and god knows I was seriously wrong there;P

I do hope your right.

9. Re: Jan 9, 2007, 12:50 Quaternion

Now I have to return it, wait for it to be replaced and hope I don't have to deal with anyone even remotely related to the idiot that assisted? me today when it comes to get all the shit I'd purchased through 'LIVE' back.

What you purchased is connected to your gamertag. Use the same gamertag and you can redownload your stuff without spending another dime or dealing with customer support.

8. Re: Jan 9, 2007, 11:07 Flo

My personal horror: Billions of people waving around their Wiimotes in Wii Sports 11.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

7. Re: Jan 9, 2007, 10:59 xXBatmanXx

If the Wii gets ahold of that untapped market, you may find yourself sitting on the bench with the rest of us PC die hards as the market outgrows your target profile.

That is what scares me.
I enjoy the complexity of PC gaming.
Almost every game I have/play on a regular basis would not fair all that well on a console.

Listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Squirrel Count: Catch & Release: 11 Shot: 24

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Jan 9, 2007, 10:52 MMORPGHoD

As a veteran PC gamer I choose the 360.

You know what, that brings up an interesting point. Back before consoles made their latest surge (I'm talking pre-PS2 and after the Atari meltdown), PC gaming was king. Gaming soon became more "simplified" and made easily available for more people in consoles. These included the PC gamers and those who enjoyed games but never got into the PC tweaking and costs needed to make the PC games run. The gaming market grew into the larger market we see today. With the Wii, we're seeing people who never even played a PC or console game before show interest. It's kind of ironic. If the Wii gets ahold of that untapped market, you may find yourself sitting on the bench with the rest of us PC die hards as the market outgrows your target profile.

5. Re: Jan 9, 2007, 06:16 Rseman

I still prefer our 360 over the Wii... but I think Wii has a lot of potential, too and when I play it I love it. Damn thing should come with a laugh-o-meter!...

But getting back to my much loved 360 which, having survived our kids and 8th month in our home, decided to die when I felt the urge for a blast around the ring in PGR3. On the weekend I contacted XBOX support..... after listening to many options, following the prompts, I was told they're closed.

Idea 1) State your hours of business before making me jump through hoops you idiots.

Called again today..... and it got worse. I explain that our 360 no longer starts, no longer runs, no longer works and if it wasn't too friggin' obvious already, no longer plays games.... and what's the first thing idiot on the other end says?... Nope.... not 'do you want fries with that'.... McDonalds wouldn't have given anyone that stupid a job. Asks me to start my 360 so we can see if clearing the cache fixes it.... It doesn't start I tell her.... no spinning globe on the screen... nada, nothing. Are you sure she asks me.... Right about now, I'm starting to understand violence against Customer Support people.

I've worked with some of the dumbest people ever to inhabit this planet.... and yet, Microsoft found their leader and gave them a a job dealing with potentially annoyed customers. Well done.

Nobody could dislike Sony more than I do.... but Microsoft are fighting them for that spot in my heart;P

Oh, our Wii still works and the television aint broke and the missus aint bruised and the ceiling fans are not raining down blood from severed limbs. Kudos to Nintendo.

4. Re: No subject Jan 9, 2007, 05:19 Flo

Wii is cheap and people are at the moment pretty psyched about the motion sensing thing (which really isn't new at all). Excitement will wear of in time. As a veteran PC gamer I choose the 360.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

3. No subject Jan 9, 2007, 03:30 zirik

M$ number one for gaming? the nintendo wii reached 4 million units sold just this past holiday season. the 360 took two holiday seasons to reach 10 million. the nintendo wii will reach 10 million before the next holiday season. who will be number one by then?

2. SIXAXIS Jan 8, 2007, 23:14 Fartacus

Who did Kutaragi have to blow to get an Emmy for sixaxis? What a joke.

1. CES Jan 8, 2007, 21:50 Bone43

"Sony is using CES to push Blu-ray and the PlayStation 3"

Beta max anyone?

Funny ive look all over for a Wii with no luck but at just about at every store theres at least a few PS3's collecting dust in a case.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo