Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

New The Settlers II NG Demo

A new The Settlers II: The Next Generation demo is now available, offering an updated sample of this updated version of Blue Byte's strategy/management sequel. The new demo is updated with the same fixes included in the most recent retail patch, and also extends the time limit for demo games to 90 minutes. The download is available from PLAYMANZ and mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, Tiscali Games, VGPRO, and Worthplaying.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Time limits for a demo? Dec 21, 2006, 03:38 Kajetan

Some people would probably just keep playing the demo forever and not buy the full game.

Well, and some people like me won't buy the full game because of this kind of demo restriction. Cut the content, cut the maps, the racetracks, the missions. Fine! But do NOT cut the playing time! This is so stupid!

And i didn't think that the original UT was a commercial failure because they let people play the demo as long as they like

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Time limits for a demo? Dec 20, 2006, 19:45 Shadowcat

In this instance, it seems pretty reasonable. If I'm reading that rightly, you can play any number of demo games, but no single game can last longer than 90 minutes.

I've seen plenty of game demos where you had less time (frequently 60 minutes) to evaluate the entire damn thing before it stopped you from playing ever again.

2. Re: Time limits for a demo? Dec 20, 2006, 18:51 Elf Shot The Food

Some people would probably just keep playing the demo forever and not buy the full game.

Don't laugh: there are still people who play the original Unreal Tournament demo online.

1. Time limits for a demo? Dec 20, 2006, 18:02 Kajetan

I will never understand the reason behind this kind of restriction. Hell, i didn't even know a reason to restrict playing a demo in such way ...

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo