Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2142 Patch

The promised patch for Battlefield 2142 is now available, updating EA/DICE's military shooter sequel to version 1.10. The patch and the corresponding Windows and Linux unranked servers are available on the Battlefield Franchise Website where word is "This update continues to fine tune the game while addressing many issues." The read me has all the details.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. removed Jan 6, 2007, 15:21 [SF]Optimizer

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 9, 2010, 07:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. MASSIVE CHEATS Dec 25, 2006, 16:22 DavidNY123

Get videos and screenshots showing you how to perform over 60+ exploits in Glitches in 2142. We have the largest collection of BF2142 cheats ANYWHERE. Every cheat works on any server and requires no hack or extra program!

http://bf2142leet.blogspot.com/

39. Re: meh Dec 21, 2006, 16:29 Thermopyle

Well... they DID remake Tron...

Tron was fun.

38. meh Dec 21, 2006, 16:03 mOOzilla

bring back PONG!

What about PONG FPS?

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

37. BF2142 1.10 HACKED?!?!??! Dec 21, 2006, 05:56 DavidNY123

How do we get people to stop making these hacks? It's not very fair to play a game if people are able to do all this. Can't PB or EA stop this??

Look at this video on You Tube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHORe3w0264

36. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2006, 23:48 Beaner

I dont think the developers' products are getting worse with every new game released. its just that gamers' expectations are getting higher with every game generation

Good point. It is actually very tough to make a good game these days. My only issue is when a franchise has a successful game, and they screw it up with successors because they think they must thinktank the game to death and change everything that was fun and great about the original. Who drinks New Coke? Nobody.

Also, there is a tendency to push the eye candy factor so much (for the casual console crowd) that it actually degrades gameplay.
This comment was edited on Dec 20, 23:49.

35. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2006, 08:17 zirik

i dont think the developers' products are getting worse with every new game released. its just that gamers' expectations are getting higher with every game generation.

34. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2006, 00:47 The Half Elf

Yeah but gameplay isn't one mans goldmine and other mans pissing pot. It all comes down to taste and playstyle when determing 'fun factor'. Like the Papyrus games to Need for Speed Series.

The trick anyone is finding something new or innovative to help gameplay, problem is most of them have been used and are being recycled.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

33. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2006, 00:37 dubfanatic

It's the same damn gameplay with fancy graphics added on. That's all the good that today's technology has done for us. Technology has done jack to advance actual gameplay. On the most basic layer, most games released in the last 4 years have been no different from the ones that inspired it.

I've never seen any franchise that has had such consistent, pervasive balance and support issues as the Battlefield franchise. BF1942's balance problems combined with the debacles that were BFV and BF2 have given me a horrible impression of DICE and the Battlefield franchise.

32. Re: ... Dec 19, 2006, 23:50 Beaner

BF2, Halo etc etc where the roots were drawn.

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8357048#post8357048

BF2 and others arent exactly like Tribes, its just that so much of what exists in these games were originally brought to the mulitplayer gaming world through many of the great gameplay ideas in Tribes. And even with that, what many dont get is that Tribes gameplay is so damn unique because of the physics of motion, the speed of play on vast maps, and the great unintended discovery of Tribes jump skiing and capping routes. Nothing compares even today. Its not the typical guy walking around with a machine gun or sniper rifle trying to trigger capture points etc or simply overtake a base. There is soo much more.

I would say things like BF2142 Titan mode would remind one a bit of Tribes and the vast floating bases.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 00:00.

31. ... Dec 19, 2006, 23:07 theyarecomingforyou

This is like Tribes 2 all over again. Give it time, Tribes 2 became a great game, even better in some ways than the original Tribes. The only bad is that by the time all was fixed and refined it was too late and most of the Tribes fanbase moved on. Which by the way is still waiting for a proper succesor to one of the best Multiplayer FPS games ever made. It still matches or exceeds the fun factor in all the fancy eye candy games out today.
Tribes 2 was an amazing game, once they overcame the crippling issues. Unfortunately it could never recover from the negativity and died prematurely. A decent sequel to it would be amazing. However, I really don't think that BF2142 is a modern day T2... not even close - firstly, it's actually popular and secondly it runs on most people's computers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

30. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2006, 23:00 Beaner

This is like Tribes 2 all over again. Give it time, Tribes 2 became a great game, even better in some ways than the original Tribes. The only bad is that by the time all was fixed and refined it was too late and most of the Tribes fanbase moved on. Which by the way is still waiting for a proper succesor to one of the best Multiplayer FPS games ever made. It still matches or exceeds the fun factor in all the fancy eye candy games out today.

29. No subject Dec 19, 2006, 21:08 Steele Johnson

It's kind of interesting to see that EA and Dice dug the hole so deep that serious pc fps gamers are letting the best game of the series slide right by. Sad.

28. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2006, 20:30 agpc

So basically, this is like BF1942, except in the future with a clunkier interface?

27. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2006, 20:27 C_A_P

"Real quality multiplayer games of old" ?
There are none that even come close to what today's technology can offer for a gamer.

The "quality games of old" were played by direct modem connection...or were "Mods" of games like Quake which were already patched up the wazoo before the mods were made. (someone mentioned Team Fortress)

I don't remember any multiplayer games, ever, that didn't need several patches to iron out bugs and issues. New or Old...Quake1 needed justa s many patches as Quake4 does. Unreal sucked donkey balls when it released and needed many patches. Duke Nukem , same thing...needed a few updates before. Did Blizzard continue to patch Diablo after Diablo II came out ? No...so why do you expect EA to patch prior games in the franchise when they have moved on ?

Can ANY one of you who are complaining provide one single example of a multiplayer game that didn't need patches to fix major issues, and that continued to be supported well after sequels have been released? I've been gaming since I had my Commodore Vic20 , and I can't name one single instance.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 20:30.

26. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2006, 20:18 Thermopyle

ya.. i get you.

I was introduced to multiplayer gaming in the days of QuakeWorld... I have as fond of memories of Team Fortress and the like as the next guy.

I was under the impression that it was the same team working on fixes for the 2142 game. I could be wrong, that's just what I was lead to believe, but wtf knows.

I did indeed experience the tag bug... is that to say that I've experienced it in 2142 or that THAT bug has taken away from my 2142 experience?? no, it hasn't in the least, and really, I don't understand how people can hold THAT bug against THIS game...

Would I call myself a fanboi ? meh... I like the game and will bitch about pepes coming here and bitching about a game they haven't played... so does that make me a fanboy? Who knows... call me what you will.

To those that have played it and not liked it... fuck an a... good for you, but at least you don't come here and bitch about it in every patch thread that presents itself... & dood... you were in the beta, well GOOD FOR YOU... have you played it since? There's been many a beta game I've played and hated, only to turn around and have friends that have played the retail and raved about it... meh, to each their own...

& I have indeed felt the rush of "games of old" and the quality of gameplay they offered. But games today are a monster of a different sort... they're much larger, much more complex. Can you really compare a game of TF or QWDM or UT or any of those to something so large as a game of BF or Q4 or (insert just about any modern game here) ... it's not really much of a comparison, and yes, this is coming from someone who was indeed around in the early days. I look upon them fondly and long for the simplicity that was those days. But those days are gone man... long gone. & all the hours upon hours and days upon days of playing ET and looking forward to ETQW... the last few video clips i've seen from it have kinda not been good... So what's there to look forward to? I hope it's all that. I really do. If it is, I'll probably not touch 2142 again... but until then... it's my game of choice, and it is just that, a choice. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it, but why do you feel the need to come on here and bash it... especially when 99% of the pepes that DO that haven't even touched it.

werd

25. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2006, 20:09 Mega Fantasy Sci-Fi PostApocalyptic MMORTRPFPS 9000

Here's a thought, maybe some of us are tired of supporting the patch cycle that is the BF series. 2142 was shipped so broken that it will likely be a year before it's playable.

Oh please. What magical game are you playing that hasn't had a patch? It's PC gaming...there are patches.

So broken it's unplayable? Hardly. Tens of thousands of people seem to able to play it nightly. If I'm a PR crybaby, then what are you?

Movement is horrible

Infantry movement is almost identical across the battlefield games, so I don't see what you're complaining about.

I'm convinced that some of you people don't like anything.

24. No subject Dec 19, 2006, 20:02 dubfanatic

DICE couldn't balance a game if their life depended on it. Their patches inevitably introduce huge problems that require more patching to fix, introducing more problems and so on until they drop support in favor of the next iteration of the franchise. This is because the engine is deeply flawed and they don't even have the original team that developed the engine working on patches. Has the red tag bug even been fixed? I know the fanboys are going to whine saying they've never experienced it, but it does exist and that kind of bug is simply inexcusable.

But at this point I'm just preaching to the choir. I have a strong feeling that all the fanboys are either people who have given up waiting for a new popular multiplayer FPS (and I'll admit I have been tempted for this reason) or kids who never experienced the real quality multiplayer games of old.

23. Re: I own it. Dec 19, 2006, 19:49 Thermopyle

this may seem like a "fuel to the fire" kind of question given the nature of this thread, but I'm actually genuinely curious... is there ANY large scale, multi-player, fps or otherwise, game that hasn't necessitated patches?

I could be wrong, but imo, it's the nature of games.

It could have been a LOT worse.

22. I own it. Dec 19, 2006, 19:46 Smack_Dabb

I own it. I played it. It sucks. Movement is horrible. The tanks and choppers are a joke. I prefer, still to this day, 1942. But of all the BF games so far. This is, in my opinion as someone who paid for it, pretty fucking lame.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo