Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 21:17 Creston

him being put down like a dog. Because he's shown that the only thing he has over one is opposable thumbs

Actually, there is not a single dog in the world that would hurt its own puppies.

And don't worry, this son of a bitch is going to burn for a very, very, VERY long time.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Trial for father by Judge MeatForce Dec 14, 2006, 21:10 Creston

Have fun in the state pen asshole. I hear they really love guys who beat and kill little kids.

Yep, the son of a bitch will be dead in a month. Hopefully Bubba won't go too easy on him. I hear barbwire has some great effects on human anatomy.

As for the whole mention of him playing a "Violent combat game", what the fuck does that have to do with anything? If we're going to be that desperate to find something to talk about, why not focus on the fact that the guy is a muslim, and all muslims are obviously child-murdering homocidal terrorists? Makes about as much sense.

In any case, quick trial and off to Bubba and friends. They've got the barbwire ready.

Creston

20. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 20:29 MMORPGHoD

Yeah, the only ones that are allowed to partake in cruel and unusual activites are the criminals

Yup, and once he enters the general population in prison, he'll find out what that means. Even criminals have standards.

19. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 19:49 Zathrus

If there were stiffer penalties (other countries come to mind - decapitation of fingers, etc.) I doubt we would have such a problem.

What, despite the minor nit that such methods have been shown, repeatedly, to have absolutely no effect on whether or not a crime is committed or not?

Come on. I've made my opinions on this slimeball quite clear, but do you think that ANY law would've actually stopped him? He pretty clearly didn't think about his actions until well after the fact.

And that's why he's inhuman. I have two little girls. Are they infuriating at times? Hell yes. That's parenthood. And part of being a good parent is to do your damndest to not let it get to you, and certainly to never strike your child (or any child) in anger.

And, ultimately, that's why I have no issue with him being put down like a dog. Because he's shown that the only thing he has over one is opposable thumbs. And there's a helluva lot of dogs I'd rather see with that particular trait over someone like this.

18. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 19:29 xXBatmanXx

Cruel and unusual punishment. Not that it's anything more than he deserves.

Yeah, the only ones that are allowed to partake in cruel and unusual activites are the criminals....I forgot.

Listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Squirrel Count: Catch & Release: 11 Shot: 23

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 19:08 Tango

If there were stiffer penalties (other countries come to mind - decapitation of fingers, etc.) I doubt we would have such a problem.
Cruel and unusual punishment. Not that it's anything more than he deserves.

16. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 18:38 xXBatmanXx

Don't you already have the largest percentage of your population behind bars of the whole western world?
Acleacius is right - all this bloodlust is pretty misplaced under the circumstances.

Yes, but most are very short sentences.
It is a revolving door, with any given criminal entering the system more than 2-3 times a year.

FUNGS 53

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

15. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 18:19 MMORPGHoD

Right, why on earth would I have even thought the term syndrome could be associated with disease.

syn∑drome
Ėnoun
1. Pathology, Psychiatry. a group of symptoms that together are characteristic of a specific disorder, disease, or the like.

Sure, there are multiple definitions of syndrome, but to tell me the word syndrome never has anything to do with disease is just plain wrong. Let's say I punch you in the face. Do you think we should call that face deformation syndrome or simple assault?

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 18:19.

14. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 17:51 Masa

There is no such thing as "crime prevention".

Exactly, it's called being responsible for ones own actions.

The idea behind door locks and self defense options aren't considered "preventative"? A locked car only "prevents" the majority of would-be, opportunistic individuals from messing with my car, my knowing basic self-defense skills only "prevents" me from having my backpack taken in a New York subway (happened once during a school trip to NY last year).

That brings up a pet peeve of mine, Shaken Baby Syndrome. Why exactly do we need this fancy term that implies some sort of disease?

It's not considered a disease (neither is the definition of "syndrome") and it describes exactly what it is. Actually, as far as that terminology goes, it very well could be the most concise title for such a thing.

But either way, I hope this guy finds his home in hell (hopefully the other "guests" of the pen will send them there, warmly of course).

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 17:53.

13. No subject Dec 14, 2006, 17:51 BlightCrawler

McCain anti-free speech bill, M rated ads banned (but not R rated movies!) and Kneivel suing AOL for a parody - is this insane legal day or something?

12. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 16:57 Awesome Spume

"Once the courts get a backbone - we will see crime decrease."

Don't you already have the largest percentage of your population behind bars of the whole western world?

Acleacius is right - all this bloodlust is pretty misplaced under the circumstances.

-------------------------------------------------
www.digg.com

11. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2006, 15:58 xXBatmanXx

2. Your child erases your game save.

Doesn't the answer depend on the game? (joking of course - getting to serious in here)

FUNGS 53

10. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 15:39 MMORPGHoD

Exactly, it's called being responsible for ones own actions. That is something that society does not seem to stress these days. That brings up a pet peeve of mine, Shaken Baby Syndrome. Why exactly do we need this fancy term that implies some sort of disease? When I hear it I feel like it's some sort of politically correct bullshit. I call it the worst kind of abuse.

9. No subject Dec 14, 2006, 15:17 Smoove

You've got to be completely fucked up in the head to have the ability to beat an infant regardless of the reason, and doubly so for a reason as dumb as they caused your game console to fall.

They really need to test people before they're allowed to raise children, much as they do for getting a license to drive. Something such as:

1. Your house is on fire and both your xbox and your child are inside. You can only save one. Do you: A) Save your child B) Save your xbox C) Fuck 'em; you can buy another xbox and have another kid

2. Your child erases your game save. Do you: A) Kill them B) Beat them C) Tell them it's a grown-up toy they shouldn't play with

8. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 15:13 xXBatmanXx

It canít be that we doubt our own ability to solve/prevent this kind of thing, can it?

The person that intends to do the crime or is a criminal, has to believe that they will either get caught, or the penalty for getting caught is too great.

Obviously he didn't think he would get caught as he tried to cover it up - thus making his sentence most likely greater than coming clean.

Once the courts get a backbone - we will see crime decrease.

FUNGS 53

7. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 15:03 Acleacius

This story is a horrible tragedy, though wouldn't we be acting like him (rage) and acting out of hate and violence if we did?

Doesn't this mean when we are seeing these things happen and our reaction is the same as the tragedy, doesnít our society hold responsibility?
Is our society a tragedy waiting to happen or are we becoming a tragedy?

If we build a society where everyone is left, forced to fend for themselves, whether its learning basic skill or social responsibility, who can we not expect these tragedies to happen?

So in turn we leave our selves (society) vulnerable then when something horrible happens we respond in kind, it seems a terrible way to survive.

It can't be possible we were raised in this way by our families, i.e. everyone fends for themselves, where a family is locked in a room and thrown a piece of meat occasionally to fight over.
So how did we get to the point we expect everyone else to live by impossible standards, then when carrion and inevitable tragedy happens we stand back as if we can't imagine how this happened.

Will the monster become the mirror?

Now before I get trounced, these things couldnít have happened because we are not smart enough, as an example I know there are very intelligent people on this board, so for the interest of science and society was there anyway to prevent this from happening or happening again?
It canít be that we doubt our own ability to solve/prevent this kind of thing, can it?
We gamers play some of the most complex games whether its puzzles, simulators or RPGs saving our simulated worlds becoming heroes, is this puzzle, simulation, RPG too complex for us?
I donít think so and I hope you donít either.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for any tips.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 14:07 nin

I really wish there was justice in this world and the guilty had to suffer the same fate that their victim did.

Seconded...

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.richardcheese.com/ http://www.myspace.com/richardcheese

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 12:59 MuzixMon

I really wish there was justice in this world and the guilty had to suffer the same fate that their victim did. Even that would be too tame for this fuckin' lowlife! I hope you BURN you bastard!

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

4. No subject Dec 14, 2006, 11:39 xXBatmanXx

No joke. It has abosolutley NOTHING to do with the game. If child services had been to the house more than 1x - there was an ongoing issue here.

Unfortunatley, the paper felt the need to make the mother look like an uneducated idiot by printing her saying;
"My baby don't deserve that"

*sigh* Very classy mr reporter.

FUNGS 53

3. Re: Trial for father by Judge MeatForce Dec 14, 2006, 11:28 Zathrus

Ok, I nearly threw up when I read the list of injuries. I stopped reading at that point.

Have fun in the state pen asshole. I hear they really love guys who beat and kill little kids.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo