Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: Legacy

Bethesda Softworks announces that Star Trek: Legacy is warping into retail for the PC. The Xbox 360 edition of the multigenerational Trekkie action/strategy game is expected to ship next week.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Reminds me of Dec 6, 2006, 21:43 venomhed

This game and the lack of info reminds me so much of a movie that you want to see, yet it goes straight to DVD.

I hope it is good, but why would anyone make a game without giving it their all? No one benefits from a bomb and it tarnishes the developers record tremendously. I am not a big ST fan, but I love the ships and combat parts.

hmmm, we shall see, I just get a sick feeling though....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: No subject Dec 6, 2006, 21:12 Creston

Hmmm, that sounds pretty fishy. Thanks for putting that up Half Elf, I think I'll wait a few days / weeks and see what floats up in the community.

Too busy playing space rangers 2 and Dark Crusade right now anyways, both of which are just TERRIFIC games

Creston

26. Re: No subject Dec 6, 2006, 20:24 Overon

I wish this thread didn't turn like it has. I was very interested about the information that Half-Elf gave us. Now I'm more skeptical about Legacy. We shall see what the reviewers think.

25. No subject Dec 6, 2006, 19:25 space captain

wahhh wahh go tell mommy wildone

"he make me mad mommy! call the cops on him!"

what a fucking dumbass

Go forth, and kill!

24. Oooh Dec 6, 2006, 16:02 venomhed

Resorts to name calling. A sure sign of someone that has been hit HARD by the truth with nothing intelligent to come back with.

Wow, you are green. Welcome to the world of computing Commodore 64 user!

23. Re: Wildone Dec 6, 2006, 14:23 Wildone

shut up, prick

22. Wildone Dec 6, 2006, 13:17 venomhed

Please do, go ahead. That would be about as effective as say, well, me reporting your IP.

1. My ISP is rock solid and would, and has, given the MPAA, RIAA and even game companies the big FUCK YOU when requesting information about my affairs. I love them, they protect me VERY well.

2. Game companies don't go after individuals. They request a cease and desist.

3. Good luck tracking me on the newsgroups tool.

Go back to your Commodore 64 Wildone. You're not ready to play with the big boys.

21. Re: No subject Dec 6, 2006, 12:58 Wildone

Interesting, I hope its not as bad as you make out. What a shame...

20. Re: No subject Dec 6, 2006, 12:48 The Half Elf

Unfortently I'm in the midwest doing the family/xmas thing so won't be getting it for a week or so.

But been following this very carefully from (what little media etc) on the Beth Trek Legacy board.

Honestly the game looks like a million bucks, but there are some glaring issues with AI, 'Magic tracking drunk driving photons' no ramming (instead ships 'slide' off each other bases, asteroids etc and just looks like shit).

Multiplayer has been chopped in half. 4 players max, and half of the Multiplayer game types have been removed.

One shield for the entire ship, funky ship loadouts, and overally some very 'wtf were they thinking' non-cannon issues.

Plus knowing Beth is how much of a 'Oblivion Store' type of BS are they going to pull by charging extra for the stuff that was cut. Honestly I don't want "horse armor" again for my ships.

BTW don't purchase the strategy guide, it's another Prima bomb.

Also there will be no demo, and all the fanfair for a Beth game let alone a Trek game is nowhere to be seen. All the videos etc have been taken from the 360 version, and RMoore one of the moderators at the Legacy FORM (yes 1 forum for all of it) has been very hard pressed to get any info from Beth or Mad Doc at all.

As much as I want this to be a good game in the vein in BC and SFC series, I really have lots of reservations.

Oh well I got one of my xmas presents yesterday the Superman collectors thingie in the silver tin. Should keep my occupied for a few days, that and my 11 month old nephew who wants to eat the tin. *sigh* Calgon take me away!
This comment was edited on Dec 6, 12:52.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

19. Re: No subject Dec 6, 2006, 11:33 Wildone

Yea, I hate people that steal software.

Your a fucking joke kid, now get ready for "skool"

18. No subject Dec 6, 2006, 11:26 space captain

hahaha - look out!! hes going to tell on you!! oooooooooooh

what a fucking joke

Go forth, and kill!

17. Re: bit torrent Dec 6, 2006, 11:22 Wildone

Thanks venomhead, Im reporting your IP shortly

16. bit torrent Dec 6, 2006, 11:08 venomhed

oh well, bit torrent will have a "demo" of it soon.

15. Re: No subject Dec 6, 2006, 11:00 Wildone

There's plenty of previews, check IGN for one. Do you go to any gamer sites perhaps?? Hmm

14. Re: Strange Dec 6, 2006, 10:59 Wildone

Its not an RTS game. And if you bothered to watch any of the countless videos available, you'd see plenty of interface. Dont be so lazy

13. Re: Strange Dec 6, 2006, 09:44 Ecthelion

I see its still a felony to show screenshots with the GUI in. You know, the thing that actually controls the flipping game.
Yeah, I hate how they do that now. Why can't we see the stupid interface? For every 1 screenshot with the interface shown, we have 75 "cinematic" screenshots. Not showing the interface seems to be a marketing rule, like the rule that screenshots have to be low-res.

12. No demo Dec 6, 2006, 08:51 Takvah

I'd really like to try before I buy, but there isn't going to be a demo.

11. Re: Strange Dec 6, 2006, 08:47  cliffski 

I see its still a felony to show screenshots with the GUI in. You know, the thing that actually controls the flipping game.
I dont have time to read pages of crap about it, but usually, with a game, a glance at the GUI can tell me what kind of game it is.
I smell a quick console-port.

http://www.positech.co.uk

10. Re: Strange Dec 6, 2006, 07:16 Brainp0wa

It does look pretty cool. I'm usually not an RTS fan though. Mebbe I need to expand my horizons...

9. No subject Dec 6, 2006, 06:14 Rainier

little press exposure was given indeed, hardly any build material for preview, or review.

If its anything like their other Star Trek titles (Tactical Assault on PSP/NDS, or Encounters on PS2), then it doesn't bode well, those titles were all average at best.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo