Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: MPAA Dec 2, 2006, 12:36 Smoove

It's a good thing the MPAA has veto power over our bills....

Didn't you take government class? There are four branches of the government: executive, legislative, judicial, and corporate. These branches have a system of checks and balances. For example, the executive branch can veto bills passed by congress, while the corporate branch proposes bills to congress in the first place. Should the corporate branch really want a specific bill passed or vetoed, it simply reminds the congressional branch that the corporate branch voted for them using ballots that bear a striking resemblance to money. It should be noted that this is in no way, shape, or form bribery, but merely a friendly reminder.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Depressing Dec 1, 2006, 19:34 FourPak

it's sad that once again Money trumps common sense
and the will of citizens.

3. Argh Dec 1, 2006, 16:08 Tigger

Test finds retailers selling 'mature' video games to young teens.

And Jack still feels the need to sue the people making the games, instead of solely going after the folks that actually sell it to kids.

OMG - I almost forgot - we are "the most litigious society the planet has ever known".

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

2. Depressing Dec 1, 2006, 12:28 The Raven

Nothing really new here, but it's sad that once again money trumps common sense.

Dreaming Demon, formerly Tikatt, formerly The Raven

1. MPAA Dec 1, 2006, 10:24 Frijoles

It's a good thing the MPAA has veto power over our bills....

Everyone in congress needs to be booted out so we can start fresh. If I run and am elected, my first order of business will be to publically cane those that got removed from office.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo