Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Consolidation

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: what a deal Nov 20, 2006, 00:11 Pedle Zelnip

The game hasn't sold very well so it may never happen

Hmm? I was under the impression it was one of the better selling 360 games (I thought it was the top seller for 360 games until GoW came along).

Seen as how it shipped a half-million copies to North America* in the first couple of weeks, I find it hard to believe it's a complete sales dud.

Totally agree though that the lack of resolution to the unreadable-text on SDTV's problem is poor customer relations on the part of Capcom.

Welcome to the patch-enabled console world.

Would you rather have the "unable to fix problems after launch" console world?

* - http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156763.html

PZ
------------
Reading: Seth Lloyd's "Programming the Universe: A Quantum Computer Scientist Takes on the Cosmos"

PZ
------------
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: 360 core on Amazon Nov 19, 2006, 22:49 John

Does anybody know if this offer will be available to those outside of the US? (I'm in Canada)

I already have a premium system, but it's in the shop and $100 for another system is very tempting.

In that case, no, it's only available to those in the US. I don't have a 360 yet and I don't need the additional competition.

This space is available for rent

14. Re: Nov 19, 2006, 21:46 Masa

I wanted one of those stupid Creative Music Keyboards for the kids once and Amazon said it couldn't be sent because the warranty wouldn't cover it out here.

Them and others are probably covering their asses more in that regard anymore. That was more or less how Lik Sang got shut down, legally anywhow (although Sony's intentions were hardly that altruistic).

13. Re: Nov 19, 2006, 21:19 Rseman

There is an area on Amazon about shipping details and it lists items that can and can't be sent to different places. I wanted one of those stupid Creative Music Keyboards for the kids once and Amazon said it couldn't be sent because the warranty wouldn't cover it out here. Have a look around their site and if all else fails, email and ask.

For $100 you couldn't go wrong. Throw in $1.00 next day shipping and you'd be feeling like Xmas had come.

12. Re: what a deal Nov 19, 2006, 19:41 PHJF

It comes with composite connectivity; you'd have to pay xtra for component.

------
"Oh how awful. Did he at least die peacefully? To shreds you say. Well, how's his wife holding up? To shreds you say."

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: what a deal Nov 19, 2006, 19:32 nin

On SDTV systems, the text is very small and hard to read. It has nothing to do with TV size, just whether or not you have HD.

Right...but my question is what cables/connector do I need to use?

And I'm surpised it didn't sell well, it seems to be popular...

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.richardcheese.com/ http://www.myspace.com/richardcheese

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: what a deal Nov 19, 2006, 19:30 MMORPGHoD

Wow, $100 is almost too good to pass up.

It will be tough to be one of those 1000 people.

9. Re: what a deal Nov 19, 2006, 19:24 Parallax Abstraction

On SDTV systems, the text is very small and hard to read. It has nothing to do with TV size, just whether or not you have HD. Many earlier 360s get regular disc read errors from the game as well. It's an acknowledged problem, but there is no ETA for a fix. The game hasn't sold very well so it may never happen. Welcome to the patch-enabled console world.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
Xfire: pxabstraction - Xbox Live: PXAbstraction

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

8. Re: what a deal Nov 19, 2006, 19:20 nin

Wow, $100 is almost too good to pass up. I might have to buy a 360. I've wanted to play Dead Rising anyway, is it a fun game?

I haven't played the full version, just the demo, but I found it to be a hoot.

What mode (or how do you need to connect the 360 to the TV) do you need to be able to read the text? I heard there was a problem with older tvs...

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.richardcheese.com/ http://www.myspace.com/richardcheese

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Nov 19, 2006, 19:00 Rseman

Next thing id release themselves is a new I.P.

They're just consulting on this, not making it, unless something has changed drastically in the last few months.

6. Re: what a deal Nov 19, 2006, 18:57 Pedle Zelnip

Wow, $100 is almost too good to pass up. I might have to buy a 360. I've wanted to play Dead Rising anyway, is it a fun game?

I haven't played the full version, just the demo, but I found it to be a hoot.

Note about the system on Amazon: it's the core and thus doesn't come with the hard drive, so you'll almost definitely have to buy a hard drive separately (which is around $100).

PZ
------------
Reading: Seth Lloyd's "Programming the Universe: A Quantum Computer Scientist Takes on the Cosmos"

PZ
------------

5. 360 core on Amazon Nov 19, 2006, 18:55 Pedle Zelnip

Does anybody know if this offer will be available to those outside of the US? (I'm in Canada)

I already have a premium system, but it's in the shop and $100 for another system is very tempting.

PZ
------------

PZ
------------

4. what a deal Nov 19, 2006, 18:51 Mega Fantasy Sci-Fi PostApocalyptic MMORTRPFPS 9000

3. Wolfenstein Nov 19, 2006, 18:49 Pedle Zelnip

Does anybody have more info about this one? This article was the first I'd heard of it, and there's nothing on Id's website (that I could find) about a new Wolf project. Is it 360-only?

PZ
------------

PZ
------------

2. Re: ID software. Nov 19, 2006, 17:48 MachineMk2

<drool>

More Wolfenstein...never a bad thing.

1. ID software. Nov 19, 2006, 17:38 Tony!!!

I thouhgt ID's next title was supposed to be a new I.P.?

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo