Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Medieval 2 Goes Steam

This Steam Message has word that Medieval 2: Total War is coming to Steam. The game may be preloaded now, and Creative Assembly's RTS sequel will launch on November 15.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. And proof Nov 13, 2006, 17:09 venomhed

That your attention span is the same as a fly. The information contained is very important, and may affect users who wish to purchase the game due to past experiences.

But I doubt you got past the "That your attention..." of this post right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: I am too Nov 13, 2006, 08:31 Dmitri_M

Torrentspy

First, not to boast, my machine

Two reasons why that post was too long.

11. Price Nov 12, 2006, 22:00 venomhed

I agree, if Steam doesn't give me a physical product and is the same price, Fuck that!

I hope the one I ordered has the map and all.

If the retails, box, dvd, book/manual, is $49.99
Steam would have to be $29.99 for me to even think about it, and I still wouldn't buy it as I am a box whore.

10. I am too Nov 12, 2006, 21:57 venomhed

It has been out on Torrentspy for 5 days, got it in less than one.

Have to admit, that this game is fun, but WAY too similar to Rome. Out of the entire series, this one probably falls in as about as impressive as The Barbarian Invasion, which, to me, was not impressive.

The games graphics are the most notable enhancements, but let me tell you about a ridiculous "feature" that happened last night.

First, not to boast, my machine

AMD 64 FX60
2 gigs of DDR400 ram (4x512)
Two SATA 250 gig Maxtors, 16mb cache
7900GTX 512 Nvidia, latest drivers.

I am playing as england
I am attacking France at one of their castles
The castle is LOADED with enemies, to the max indicated by the banner flag.
I am sieging, because I know this fight could potentially leave me too weak to hold the fort IF I win.
Another large France force attacks me from the rear on the campaign map.
Battle begins.

The battle starts and there is one group of the enemy closing in. Just one.

Where are the TENS OF THOUSANDS of enemies?

My group is intact.

On the left side bar, a square drops down, just like in Rome, and informs me

"Reinforcements cannot arrive due to your CPU and system. Please upgrade your computer (and something to the effect of enjoying the game by upgrading your mem, cpu etc etc.)

I slaughter the group that heads in their 150 men against my 1500 or so.

We win, the campaign map shows, and I take the castle, without ANY losses.

The enemy is now surrounding my fort, the enemy inside the fort got bucked out of it, intact.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? My system is definitely considered high end.

I have most of the settings on HIGH except AA and AntiStrop set at 2, and armies set to Huge but there is one settings higher.

The game doesn't chug unless in a big castle and I zoom in to see the very sweet graphics.

So, be careful out there, you will have to lower your settings or get a system higher than mine which to say the least would be expensive.

While I still recommend the game, and have it ordered to ship on the 14th (the set release date, along with Gothic 3) I must admit that it is a MAJOR LET DOWN so far. It looks like Rome, plays like Rome, and the Princess, Diplomat, Merchant etc are more annoying and hard to find than an additon. I have a hell of a time finding my Spys and Assassins.

I give it a 7/10. I have played it 2 days straight, so it is great, but the lasting appeal is not there as I find myself playing BF2142 or Gothic 3 where as Rome had me by the balls exclusively for almost 6 months!

9. Re: One thing I will say for Steam Nov 12, 2006, 12:12 Prez

im already playing it losers

LMAO!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: One thing I will say for Steam Nov 12, 2006, 11:45 nin

im already playing it losers

7. Re: One thing I will say for Steam Nov 12, 2006, 01:21 Prez

Pre-loading now.

Yeah, I'm a sell-out. What's it to ya?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. One thing I will say for Steam Nov 12, 2006, 01:19 Creston

They're getting quality, AAA titles online. The latest M&M game, Medieval now, they're definitely becoming a contender to a place like gogamer.

Now if they would only do something about that fucking price...

Creston

5. Re: Yo Nov 11, 2006, 20:06 Grounded

meh whatever. I hate going to the store Steam it is for me

4. I got excited... Nov 11, 2006, 19:45 Lev Arris

cause it was cheaper by like $15 than buying it in the shops in Australia. Then i goto Steam and it says its can only be bought by North Americans and South Americans. What a crock.

3. Re: Yo Nov 11, 2006, 18:53 Huzsar

Buying on steam is not really worth it, as the first run on the retail version of the game will be a limited edition. It contains a map and a soundtrack of the game while still at same price as steam version.

Gamestop also offers a dvd of Crusades documentary that ran on History channel a while ago if you order form them, hopefully it I can get that deal from one of the stores too.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 18:54.

2. Re: Yo Nov 11, 2006, 18:37 Tehol

is it cheap on steam?i hope so.

1. Yo Nov 11, 2006, 18:28 Kosumo

Do I smell a Riley rant or what?

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo