Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• Orson Scott Card
    Orson Scott Card Builds an Empire on Wired News is a Q&A with the famed science fiction author about Empire, his imminent novel, and its movie and game tie-ins: "After we succeed fantastically with this, everyone else is going to imitate it without understanding why it works. We're going to have people that say, 'We have this great game, let's do a novel and a movie' -- and the novel will suck. Most of the games simply don't have the characterization to allow this to happen. This is only possible because the game creators have the desire to tell a story about living, breathing people. Those are relatively rare."
  • Space Quest
    The Scott Murphy Q&A on Adventure Classic Gaming talks with the co-creator of the Space Quest series in a Q&A that carries a NSFW language warning: "I didnít have a clue it was being put together until a fan told me about them a couple of months ago. Vivendi Universal doesnít give a crap about the makers of the games. Itís just property to them. I just paid for and got a copy from Amazon a couple of weeks ago but havenít had time to look at it. One thing I donít like about the compilation is that the original SQ1 isnít on it. Instead, they included the remade version, which I think sucks donkeys. Most of the 'new' art was outsourced to Korea. It has the basic game flavor in it but the 'upgraded' art and interface sucks. I loved the old parser interface because I felt I could have a lot more fun with the player, including insulting them based on their input. I liked to surprise them when they thought that theyíd typed something in they didnít think there would be a response to other than a canned, 'I donít understand.' And, no, I donít get any royalties, but I am glad the games are out there for those whoíve been asking me where they can get copies. The compilation runs for little less than $20 US which I think is a pretty decent deal."
  • On The Wii, The PS3, The 360 And The PC Part 5 on FiringSquad continues this forward looking series by asking a few questions of Frozenbyte's Joel Kinnunen and Outerlight's Chris Peck.

View
10. Re: No subject Nov 11, 2006, 14:40 Skookum

Mr. Lolicon:
I said it comes down to racism; though not in the negatively discriminatory sense commonly assumed today.

Mkay, I'm assuming from the above that racism was positive and impartial in your time?

if you haven't published anything equivalent to Card's work, you shouldn't be talking.

Yes, that makes lots of sense. Maybe you should say it again just in case anyone missed it.

Ender's Game is good. Seventh Son is an embarrassment. It would be nice if half of what this guy says actually applied to this new game, but after Advent Rising I highly doubt it.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 19:32.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 10, 13:07 No subject Hump
  2. Nov 10, 13:27  Re: No subject rks404
  3. Nov 10, 15:47   Re: No subject Ratty
  4. Nov 10, 17:29   Re: No subject Charlie_Six
  5. Nov 10, 18:15 No subject dryden555
  6. Nov 10, 18:56  Re: No subject Masa
  7. Nov 10, 19:23   Re: No subject Charlie_Six
  8. Nov 11, 02:16    Re: No subject The Half Elf
  9. Nov 11, 02:27     Re: No subject Masa
>> 10. Nov 11, 14:40      Re: No subject Skookum