Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GRAW2 Revealed, Assassin's Creed & BiA: Hell's Highway Delayed

This Ubisoft press release (thanks Frans) offers some financial results, updated release dates for a couple of games, and revelation of plans for Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter 2. The following update on their fourth (fiscal) quarter 2006-2007 outlook says GRAW2 is due by march 2007, while Assassin’s Creed and Brothers In Arms: Hell’s Highway will follow at some point after that:

• Ubisoft today announces the launch in the fiscal fourth quarter of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ 2, which will capitalize on the first episode’s success (more than 2.4 millions copies sold).
• This launch will take the place of Assassin’s Creed™ and Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway™, which will now strengthen fiscal year 2007-08.
• 7 additional games will be available on the Wii™, including one non announced new brand, bringing the total number of games available to 14 by the end of March 2007.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: No subject Oct 26, 2006, 06:56 The Half Elf

Damn you Jedi Master now I gotta go install JKA to get my saber fix. And I need to send in my Jedi Outcast CD, somehow it got munched

Still got Dark Forces, and Dark Forces 2, MOTS around here somewhere.

Hopefully now Raven can work on another JK game with the Doom 3 engine

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2006, 17:41 Jedi Master

Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight 2: Dark Forces 3.
Jedi Academy: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Knight 3: Dark Forces 4.

JA was originally to be an add-on to JO, but they decided to make it larger.

Actually, a lot of people forget Mysteries of the Sith. It was the JK2 add-on, but it was longer than some standalone games! The main difference between it and JK2 was the cutscenes were in-engine instead of FMV. Also, the first time you got to play as anyone other than Kyle (Mara) in DF solo play.

11. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2006, 09:55 The Half Elf

With the last patch for GRAW it runs silky smooth now. My problem with GRAW isn't ammo it's either the damn turret placements (which tend to have psyhic abilities), or RPG snipers.

Considering how much of a mess the last Rainbow Six PC game was, I hope they bring Vegas to the PC.

As for naming conventions, shouldn't Jedi Academy be called Dark Forces 4 or 5? (lost count),

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2006, 08:30 Grounded

"Are there any screenshots of GRAW2 out? "

Yes, but only one machine in the world can run it, and it requires 4 PhysX cards in a QUAD PCI SLOT layout that costs 800 dollars

9. No subject Oct 25, 2006, 08:19 Brainp0wa

So instead of re-boxing GRAW into a platinum version or whatever now that its almost finshed, they are going to release a whole new game? Pfft.

I liked GRAW ok, but I won't be buying a sequel any time soon.

8. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2006, 07:45 PHJF

It's not a sequel to Ghost Recon; it's a sequel to Advanced Warfighter, which can now be deemed a "spinoff" of Ghost Recon, which is a "spinoff" of Rainbow Six. Ghost Recon wasn't called Rainbow Six 3; Raven Shield was.

------
"Oh how awful. Did he at least die peacefully? To shreds you say. Well, how's his wife holding up? To shreds you say."

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. No subject Oct 25, 2006, 05:11 Shadowcat

Quite. But Ubisoft seems to pick arbitrary moments to decide that everyone has somehow forgotten about the past, and it's time to use an entirely new naming scheme, just to confuse and annoy us.

6. No subject Oct 25, 2006, 02:59 Karl_L

Shouldnt it be called Ghost Recon 4?

5. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2006, 01:18 the_culture

It's not that the levels are terribly long, it's that the mission objectives change and I've actually run out of ammo because I thought I was done but still had more to go... if any of what I said makes sense.

4. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2006, 01:04 frostee.uk

"That damn checpoint save system is driving me crazy"

you want to be able to save after each kill? c'mon the levels are not even that long.

3. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2006, 22:59 Tumbler

Looking forward to all these games!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2006, 22:08 Dmitri_M

Vomit.

1. No subject Oct 24, 2006, 21:04 the_culture

GRAW2 in March? I better hurry up and finish GRAW. That damn checpoint save system is driving me crazy. I hope they change that for GRAW2. Are there any screenshots of GRAW2 out?

including one non announced new brand

Shouldn't that read "unannounced"?

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo