Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point

The F.E.A.R. Blog on IGN has word from producer Tim Hall that F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point is gold, and TimeGate's expansion to Monolith's shooter is due on shelves the 24th:

Well F.E.A.R. Extraction Point should be on store shelves on the 24th so run out and get yourself a copy!

Weve been working really hard since the last blog, which was a little out of date, to get everything squared away and ready to go.

This gold process was relatively easy compared to other projects, I wont mention names but Ive seen things terrible terrible things - appearing as GM builds, so this was a fairly stress free ending. I still always think that there should be a parade or something at the end of a project. After everyone jumping through hoops for a year to get a project done it would be nice to sit back and see some pink poodles doing the same thing while eating cotton candy.

Its been a great experience working with team F.E.A.R. here in the Sierra office and with Timegate on this project. Id like to sends thanks out to everyone who has worked so hard for the past year and we really hope youll enjoy Extraction Point as much as we do.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2006, 18:55 Ant

The Half Elf: I couldn't get into Shogo. Sorry. Cate Archer FTW!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2006, 02:12 Masa

SHOGO DAMMIT!

Yeah..that one would be a nice one too. As much as I liked the NOLF games, I actually liked SHOGO just a tad more.

25. No subject Oct 22, 2006, 00:50 Pluvious

ANT wrote:
<Pluvious: Thanks. Only 5 bucks cheaper? Meh.>

Yeah.. I'm a cheap bastard. You're right though.. Fry's is just far enough from me to almost cost $5 in gas. Well.. about $2.50 worth..>sigh<

24. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2006, 22:45 The Half Elf

SHOGO DAMMIT! You people need to get your prioritys straight dammit!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

23. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2006, 21:35 Ant

Pluvious: Thanks. Only 5 bucks cheaper? Meh.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. NOLF3 please! Oct 21, 2006, 21:33 Ant

Not just AvP. I want another No One Lives Forever game! #3 please with FEAR engine.  

21. I'll say what everybodys thinking Oct 21, 2006, 19:50 UnderLord

Poodles don't eat cotton candy :-)
I hope they construct games better than sentences.

20. well to be honest.... Oct 21, 2006, 19:50 Shataan

I swore after Monolith fuxored up AVP 2, that I d never play another Lith game. But, I decided to give FEAR a go. And for the most part, it was alot of fun, and had some decent effects. What literally killed the game for me, was the same ol same ol enviroments.

Whoever designed those, and whoevers job it was to be less than genius, and thro the poorly done all inside a building enviros at us should be shot, THEN pizzed on, then fired.

But having said this, I sure wish whoever did all the good things in FEAR, was able to have a go at the next AvP if FOX ever takes their heads out of their collective arses, and brings us a real next gen engined AVP.

Hell, the FEAR engine could do it.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 19:50.

19. No subject Oct 21, 2006, 14:50 Pluvious

FYI:

Fry's has it on sale for $24.99, Wed next week.

18. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2006, 12:23 MuzixMon

YOU SAID IT PLUVIOUS!:o

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

17. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2006, 05:06 mOOzilla

Does this work with KB917422?

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

16. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2006, 03:35 Masa

Whether they do something new or not, I'm always up for a interesting ride though a shooter.

Well, the FPS community has become so jaded and incestuous that when something new and honestly original comes out the jaded ones aren't sure what to make of it. I fuckin' hated F.E.A.R. when I first played it, mostly due to the kind-of steep requirements it has, but after I actually played it, I thought "damn, id and the others could/should take lessons from these guys."

15. No subject Oct 21, 2006, 03:12 Pluvious

Wow.. tough crowd. I for one, relish the release of AA FPS games. Whether they do something new or not, I'm always up for a interesting ride though a shooter. You guys are just too jaded I guess.

14. Re: Now, I loved F.E.A.R. Oct 21, 2006, 02:51 Flo

Damnit so many things to buy: Company of Heroes (bought), Dark Crusade (bought), Double Agent X360 (bought), Neverwinter Nights 2, Gears of War. I guess FEAR EP will have to wait a little longer. Now how can I beat the Necrons with the Tau....  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

13. Re: Now, I loved F.E.A.R. Oct 21, 2006, 01:08 Creston

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAY!!!!

Creston

12. Re: Now, I loved F.E.A.R. Oct 21, 2006, 00:35 Zephalephelah

As with all games now, I will await this one on ebay. But I am excited about it. Just a couple months & I'll have it too, for about 1/2 price or less.

11. Re: Now, I loved F.E.A.R. Oct 21, 2006, 00:15 Icewind

Ray has a shitty game collection, but he *is* right here. I loved FEAR too, but this isn't made by Monolith...so what's the point? the multiplayer they released was obviously meant to win the hearts of the "welfare gamers" who get all warm and fuzzy when companies throw them free bones. They'll get their 20 clams...but they won't be getting mine.

Played Dark Messiah too, and he's right about that. The demo was incredible.

10. No subject Oct 21, 2006, 00:14 mag

I dug FEAR, and when I finished the game I was pretty excited about the thought of an expansion pack. But, meh, my interest has fled. Maybe I'll try out the demo...

9. Re: Now, I loved F.E.A.R. Oct 21, 2006, 00:01 nin

hey ray when are you gonna work on your godfucking OCD

8. Re: Now, I loved F.E.A.R. Oct 20, 2006, 22:05 sponge

Heh, Ray out of left field after 3 months!

Considering they just released the multiplayer for free, I don't see them trying to milk it. Build up hype towards the release? Maybe, but eh.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo