Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

The Pacific Fighters Website offers word that 1C: Maddox Games is planning on taking to the skies once more in IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946, a World War II aerial combat game that will join the surprising number of alternate history games that speculate on how World War II would have progressed had it continued past 1945. The game will include all previous IL2 content, and more, due next month. Here's word:

Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that STURMOVIK™: 1946, take off in November 2006 for PCs in Europe and Australia. STURMOVIK™: 1946 is the latest instalment in the acclaimed Il-2 Sturmovik™ brand from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

STURMOVIK™: 1946 offers new campaigns, missions and aircraft as well as many exclusive features. Pilots can fly the skies and fight enemies over the Russian front, German occupied Europe, the Far East and the Pacific. STURMOVIK™: 1946 also includes all of previous Il-2 series content, thus bringing the most respected anthology flight simulator to an astonishing 229 flyable aircraft and over 300 total aircraft.

Key Features: New Aircraft – 32 new flyable fighters and bombers, including the long-awaited Il-10 Sturmovik, the Mig-9 Jet fighter or the Arado Ar-234 Blitz bomber; plus four new AI aircraft.

•New Maps – Large new historical maps of the Kiev region, a Manchuria region map focusing on the border between the USSR, China and Japanese-occupied Korea, a large bonus Burma map and an online Khalkin Gol / Nomonhan map.

•New campaigns - With nearly 200 missions, unparalleled realism and attention to detail, the nine new campaigns will thrust players into detailed fighter and bomber pilots missions for the German, Soviet and Japanese air forces.

•Alternate history - Three of the nine campaigns are a departure into alternate history, focusing on hypothetical battles between the Soviet Union and Germany in the year 1946 where WWII still rages on. Both the VVS and Luftwaffe now have access to advanced jet and rocket fighters.

•New features – In addition to such exotic aircrafts as Soviet mixed-power fighters, 1946 also adds an incredible variety of new ground targets, including, for the first time in the series, trenches and bunkers that give a whole new dimension to the ground attack aspect of the simulator.

•Nearly 1,000 new Paint schemes – The new planes, as well as many existing ones, come with a host of historical paint schemes, showing many of the individual aircraft or squadrons that served in WWII.

•Exclusive bonus - Making of, interview videos and screenshots of the new features, plus exclusive screenshots and never before seen videos taken from upcoming Maddox game: Storm of War™: Battle of Britain. A Detailed Plane Guide, totalling over 450 pages of information, gives the low-down on every single one of your 229 flyable aircraft, and allows new players much easier access to the incredible variety of aircraft in the simulator.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: IL2 = Oct 17, 2006, 11:55 NORAD_woodstock

you d..udes dont know what yer talking about! this sim rocks!! gfx kick ass still and the online comunity that i fly in is exellent(Hyperlobby)if you enjoy WW2 flight sims i suggest you go buy it now!you will NOT be disapointed. i have been flying this sim since it first came out and i cant wait for this new add on.the online combat is intence and extreme.NO other sim out there can compete!!
~S~
NORAD_woodstock

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: IL2 = Oct 11, 2006, 13:12 Faris

"What the fuck? You fucking scumbbag, Crimson Skies was a great game."

Hell yeah! You know, not everything with airplanes in it has to be a hardcore simulator.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 13:12.

17. Re: IL2 = Oct 11, 2006, 05:19 zirik

i dont think night fighters, or as the germans called them 'wilde sau', would make for a good combat sim. imagine going for hours without action. and if youre lucky you will hit something in the dark. radars did not offer much assistance as the english had already discovered the magic of chaffs (dropping aluminium strips) and the germans accidentally discovered radar stealth (horten flying wing with wooden skin using lead pigments). you spend more time watching radar scopes than maneuvering your aircraft. instrument flying is not fun. lets keep things during the daytime. its a combat sim, no?

16. Re: IL2 = Oct 11, 2006, 05:14 The Half Elf

I would kill for another Crimson Skies game on the PC, hell I'd even take a port of the Xbox version.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: IL2 = Oct 11, 2006, 00:10 PHJF

What the fuck? You fucking scumbbag, Crimson Skies was a great game.

------
"I have a grave announcement. Anyone with a weak heart had better leave now. Goodbye."

Steam + PSN: PHJF

14. IL2 ="Aerial Combat Game" Oct 10, 2006, 22:52 Syntarsus

C'mon, man. That's like calling a Ferrari Daytona a 'grocery grabber'. Let's leave terms like ACG for shit titles like Secret Weapons Over Normandy and Crimson Skies.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to driving that Arado-234. Here's hoping for some nightfighter action as well, a la He-219 & Black Widow.

*bangs joystick on desk*
P-61!
P-61!
P-61!

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 22:53.

13. No subject Oct 10, 2006, 19:31 Hump

doesn't look like they upgraded the renderer

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 19:10 nin

i dont think any of the others have, dont think this would

11. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 19:08 zirik

anybody know if this game will also use starf*ck malware copyright system?

10. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 19:01 nin

the IL2 series are the best flight sims available

9. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 18:01 Bet

I recently started playing these games with a friend of mine who is a veteran of the series and he says it's rock-solid now (though there's like 8 patches which have to be applied in order.) You can also get Pacific Fighters for like $10 now.

Yep, not too many bugs left in this engine, but a whole lot more aircraft added since the Pacific Fighters release. Although buying any of the other games now is silly, since this whole package, which includes everything (Forgotten Battles + Ace Expansion Pack + Pacific Fighters + Pe-2) will cost $30-40. Looking forward to it immensely, the Arado is going to be hella cool. GoGamer will be carrying it, so no worries about the USA getting copies. Not sure about Canada though.

TrackIR adds to the immersion of this game immensely as well. If you're into sims of any kind, the TrackIR is so worth it.

8. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 17:06 Masa

The Soviet got their jet tech by looting Germany after WW2. So if the war still rages on in 1946 how can there be Nazi vs Soviet jet battles?

Probably because the British (since they were actually farther ahead with their own jet technology than the US at the time) gave it to them.

What I would love to see isn't a continuation of a war with Japan or Nazi Germany but Patton getting his wish and moving onto dismantle the Russian military. That would make for some interesting air battles.

7. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 15:57 Zetler

I thought IL-2 is suppose to be a simulation. The Soviet got their jet tech by looting Germany after WW2. So if the war still rages on in 1946 how can there be Nazi vs Soviet jet battles?

Instead of adding fantasy planes perhaps they should've given us a true dynamic campaign that isn't a complete bore.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 15:59.

6. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 12:51 nin

Finally - an original idea concerning WW2!

Secret Weapons of Oleg!

Glad to see Oleg and company helping to keep the sim genre alive...

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.richardcheese.com/ http://www.myspace.com/richardcheese

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 12:46 Parallax Abstraction

However, I did stay away from Pacific Fighters after the somewhat rocky release. Anybody know if they've fixed the problems and squashed all the creepy-crawlies in that one yet? I've not a played a really good Pacific-theater flight sim since PAW. But I don't want to pay for a half-assed one, either.

There were a ton of Pacific Fighters patches that fixed almost everything. I recently started playing these games with a friend of mine who is a veteran of the series and he says it's rock-solid now (though there's like 8 patches which have to be applied in order.) You can also get Pacific Fighters for like $10 now.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
Xfire: pxabstraction - Xbox Live: PXAbstraction

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

4. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 12:01 Prez

Finally - an original idea concerning WW2!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. No subject Oct 10, 2006, 11:54 BubbleMage

Hrm... You can fly the Arado. That alone might sell it to me.

However, I did stay away from Pacific Fighters after the somewhat rocky release. Anybody know if they've fixed the problems and squashed all the creepy-crawlies in that one yet? I've not a played a really good Pacific-theater flight sim since PAW. But I don't want to pay for a half-assed one, either.

2. No subject Oct 10, 2006, 11:53 DigitalBiscuit

229 flyable aircraft

Although this engine is showing its age, that sure is a lot of flyable aircraft!

1. No subject Oct 10, 2006, 11:51 aldo_14

Crikey, prolific.

Freespace 2: Lost Souls
http://www.sectorgame.com/aldo/

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo