Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - El Matador

El Matador Busts Its Way onto Retail Shelves for PC Gamers (thanks Frans) announces the North American availability of El Matador, Plastic Reality Technology's third-person tactical action game that's already available in Europe. Two playable demos for the game are available (story), and here's news of the release:

SAUSALITO, Calif., Oct. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- 2WG Media, a leading independent publisher, announced today that El Matador for the PC has shipped to North American retailers. The game places gamers in the middle of South America in the midst of a great drug war. Surrounded by dozens of blood-thirsty, gun- wielding drug lords, the player will take on the role of Victor Corbet, a special DEA operative who must put an end to the drug barons and their narcotics cartel before they are able to further dig their vile talons into Central and South American soil.

Developed by Plastic Realities, El Matador provides players with the opportunity to experience the dangers and perils of war on drugs firsthand. Featuring a thrilling movie-like plot, huge arsenal of weapons, interactive environment with destructible objects, real physics and rag doll effects, El Matador will thrust gamers into battling alongside artificial intelligence generated teammates as well as fighting the drug barons alone.

"El Matador will more than satisfy gamers looking for an exhilarating third-person shooter," said Chester Aldridge, CEO of 2WG's parent company, Red Mile Entertainment. "The story of corruption, revenge, moral ambiguity and ultimate justice will unfold as players are immersed into a thrilling, but dangerous journey."

El Matador is rated "M" for mature. The game is now available for a suggested retail price of $29.99.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. demo sucked Oct 2, 2006, 17:53 Cheese

And so does this game its garbage.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2006, 16:53 Masa

Enter room, activate bullet time, get nailed, memorize where enemies are...

Yeah, you were suppose to also use Max's amazing gymnastic abililities as well, but I found you either put effort into moving and scooting or you didn't.

6. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2006, 16:43 frostee.uk

Every new game that comes out shouldn't have to reinvent the genre in order for it to be good.

amen

5. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2006, 16:37 CJ_Parker

I thought the demo sucked. But I also didn't like Max Payne. Enter room, activate bullet time, get nailed, memorize where enemies are, reload, enter room, activate bullet time, nail enemies, rinse, repeat, ad nauseam... what a fucking bore .

Besides, the demo was suffering from technical issues like messed up line of sight and omniscient enemies.

/pass

4. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2006, 16:23 Elf Shot The Food

The demo wasn't bad; definite Max Payne vibe to it.

3. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2006, 16:13 MeatForce

Is it a Max Payne clone?

There's a demo out there somewhere, but I haven't had a chance to grab it an find out for myself.. The screens do indeed look very pretty, but I have to say they also have that "been there, done that" derivative vibe to them that just screams 'forgettable' to me..

*shrug* I still want to give the demo a look just because of how long this one has been in the works.. one hopes all that effort would have produced something at least better-than-average. Sounds like Muzix liked it at least...

EDIT: hmmmmm... 65% on GameRankings does not fill me with hope .. and the only site I've heard of to have reviewed it yet is Games Radar with a painful-sounding 4/10!

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.
This comment was edited on Oct 2, 16:34.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

2. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2006, 15:15 MuzixMon

Yes it is a Max Payne clone... a very pretty one. I already played it through and beat it... It was well worth the $30.00 trust me. It doesn't do anything different from Max Payne, even the guns and the menus seem the same, so what?!?! Max Payne was fun and so was this. Every new game that comes out shouldn't have to reinvent the genre in order for it to be good.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

1. No subject Oct 2, 2006, 13:51 xXBatmanXx

wow. How long has this been in development?
First screenshots are 2004.

Is it a Max Payne clone?

Listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Squirrel Count: Catch & Release: 11 Shot: 16

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo