Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Dominions 3

Shrapnel Games announces that Dominions 3: The Awakening is now available for PC, Mac, and Linux. Here's word on the fantasy-themed strategy sequel:

It's time. Call in sick to work or school. Tell them you ate some bagged spinach and you're violently ill. Claim amnesia and say you don't remember ever working at the office or going to that school. Or just say you've come down with a sudden case of agoraphobia and if you step outside you're sure the squirrels, which have been plotting all summer to bring you ruin and destruction, will finally make their move. Whatever plans you have, wherever they may be, cancel them. For it is finally here. The game you've been waiting for, the game that will cause you to climb the tallest mountain and shout for joy.

Dominions 3: The Awakening has shipped!

It's news so grand that it's worth repeating, in case your mind is still reeling with the implication of that last sentence. Dominions 3you know, that fantasy strategy sequel to the smash hit Dominions II: The Ascension Wars for Windows, Mac, and Linux is now shipping.

Did you pre-order? We hope you weren't waiting to pick it up at the store. You won't find it there. Dominions 3: The Awakening isn't meant to be sold by some slack-jaw yokel in a blue polo shirt, no it's a game of inner grace and rapture that is meant to be carefully cradled in a USPS box, handled lovingly by the caring folks at Shrapnel Games direct to you. At this very moment, indeed this very second, those caring folks are sending out legions of Dominions 3 games to all of you waiting for the greatness to arrive. Soon friends, soon. You'll receive the game and the nice, thick tome of a manual, and fire up that first game on your PC, Mac, or Linux box. Bliss. Bliss on a CD. All hail the Dom.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: No subject Sep 30, 2006, 04:16 Dave_b

Dominions....... Isn't that a really anchient stratergy game. Well early 90s.

I think you can find it on Underdogs if anyones interested in the new one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: No subject Sep 29, 2006, 21:23 Zorianarki

Now THAT is how you make a press release, no features, no facts, just pure, clean, bragging... observe the complete abscense of the following "cutting edge xxxx" "next generation gfx" and the allways modern "innovative gameplay" I've never heard of the game, but I*ll be checking it out, thats for sure.

4. Re: No subject Sep 29, 2006, 18:20 dubfanatic

Dominions 3: The Awakening isn't meant to be sold by some slack-jaw yokel in a blue polo shirt, no it's a game of inner grace and rapture that is meant to be carefully cradled in a USPS box, handled lovingly by the caring folks at Shrapnel Games direct to you.

Dominions is a labor of love that two guys, a schoolteacher/developer and a coder, put together in their spare time.

Obviously the schoolteacher is not an English teacher...

3. No subject Sep 29, 2006, 15:52 Memnaelar

The sprites aren't that ugly in practice. They're certainly better than Master of Magic and people still boot that one up on DOSBox.

Dominions is a labor of love that two guys, a schoolteacher/developer and a coder, put together in their spare time. They don't have an art department or much in the way of funding to make this thing go. The game is deep, the community is international, and in general the Dominions experience is one of the best I've ever had gaming. It's also a reminder in the EA Era that garage gaming still exists out there and that you can still get strategic gameplay that hasn't been dumbed way the hell down.

*shrug* But if the sprites scare you off, that's cool. I personally love the fact that they're simple and easily replicated/altered in Paint as that makes modding your own units that much easier.

2. No subject Sep 29, 2006, 13:16 Igor

Maybe if it didn't look like complete ass I'd buy it. I'm fine with a game still using sprites, but why so ugly?

1. Press Release Sep 29, 2006, 11:29 KaRRiLLioN

LOL--bagged spinach. I didn't think to use that as an excuse to get out of work...

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo