Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patches

New World of Warcraft patches are now available, updating the U.S., U.K., German, French, and Spanish editions of Blizzard's smash-hit MMORPG to version 1.12.1. The updates, which are also available automatically from within the game, can be downloaded from 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, FileFront, and Worthplaying.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Alternates Sep 27, 2006, 05:44 LFace

You will indeed love Oblivion.

When I had to come offline due to no internet access when I moved house so had to give up WoW, I got oblivion to pass the time. Right now Ive covered about 62 hours of gameplay (and thats whats recorded - dying and reloading doesnt factor into this amount) and only managed to complete around 51% of the game. Its huge I tells yer. It starts out a bit slow in the training section but after that its amazing!
This comment was edited on Sep 27, 05:45.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 21:38 TorTorden

I think LAMP is great
LAMP = Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP/PERL

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 21:40.

----------------------------
Yes, I abuse grammar by opening my mouth.

16. Re: Alternates Sep 26, 2006, 21:19 Kxmode

I'm MMO'd out at the moment. RPG? Sure I'll take some more of that.

Second Life has lots of traditional role-play elements. And contrary to other MMORPGs you can actually influence changes both small and large. IMHO Second Life is a refreshing change of pace.

btw you're going to love Obilivion! Amazing game through-and-through! Be on the look out for Gothic 3 as well. Another potentially amazing game.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
http://music.download.com/kxmode
This comment was edited on Sep 26, 21:27.

15. Re: Alternates Sep 26, 2006, 20:24 ColoradoHoudini

still loving WoW.
can't wait for the Burning Crusade.. so much new stuff to explore and conquer!
hell, we only have 4 bosses down in Naxx, still have that left before TBC.

14. Re: Alternates Sep 26, 2006, 20:10 The Half Elf

Being a Master Engineer and blowing up a lowbie gnome with an exploding sheep? PRICELESS

Being a level 20 Mage and landing Polymorph on a 60 night elf? PRICELESS

And you people say there is no humor in World of Warcraft!

Yeah WoW doesn't have bleeding edge graphics like EQ2 (Plastic Barbie anyone?) But they more then make up for it with style. 100 players PVPing on screen? NO PROBLEM! Watching a 100 pink pig tailed gnome women march into Ironforge? NO PROBLEM!

Now just give me Starcraft Online in the vein of Planetside!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: Alternates Sep 26, 2006, 20:04 Bronco

Check out Second Life and Saga of Ryzom.

No thanks. I just ordered Oblivion and I plan on diving into that as soon as I get it.

I'm MMO'd out at the moment. RPG? Sure I'll take some more of that.

-TPFKAS2S

12. Alternates Sep 26, 2006, 19:19 Kxmode

Check out Second Life and Saga of Ryzom. Both are unique and both are much better gaming experiences. Second Life has a 7-day trial with a one-time fee of $10. Ryzom has an unlimited free trial on a newbie island that's about the size of 2-3 WOW zones. If you're burnt out from level grinding Second Life doesn't have any of that. Ryzom does have some grinding but the story holds your interest. Ryzom's expansion, Ryzom Ring, looks like mucho fun for guildmates. Basically the editor lets you create missions, quests, and campaigns all in a persistent MMO. For D&D fans this looks like a wonderful feature.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
http://music.download.com/kxmode

11. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 18:47 Bronco

You know, I'm actually yet to see one of these mythical beasts. But perhaps that's because I only play WoW with my guildies ... who are all late 20's and older.

That is what drove me from running a guild. After raiding MC for the better part of a year the constant yammering to clear it ONE MORE TIME drove me nearly insane. It didn't matter that we could clear BWL in under 2.5 hours and were making good progress in AQ40 (2 bosses down and beginning to work on the third in 4 nights of raiding in there). They HAD to go to MC!

Older people can be pains in the ass too you know!

I can't wait till they see what Blizzard has done to the itemization of current T2 & t3 epics compared to level 70 blues. I'm amazed that so many guilds are still raiding hard core. Maybe they just don't know what is in the works.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 18:48.

-TPFKAS2S

10. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 17:57 Talisorn

asshole kids running round with big swords
You know, I'm actually yet to see one of these mythical beasts. But perhaps that's because I only play WoW with my guildies ... who are all late 20's and older.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm sure they actually exist. But they're not affecting my gameplay at all.

9. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 17:28 Masa

They aren't realistic, but fuck realistic.

I like how some people try to describe the realism in a game rooted in the fantasy genre.

*A dark elf runs by*

The very context of the whole thing isn't even suppose to be precise in many ways. What next? Virulogists attempting to classify the different strains of plagues in the game according to their RL counterparts?

Don't take my comments all that seriously...

8. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2006, 17:27 f13

o'rly?

7. No subject Sep 26, 2006, 17:08 jhonsmith

Keep calm fanbois , deep breaths , ask mommy for tissue to dry tears.
no i could not afford to pay 10 euros to play , your so right.... you must be god , you know so much!

6. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 16:55 speedbacon

Hey, my troll likes to eat. Especially some grilled squid.

5. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 16:46 Talisorn

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

4. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 16:30 Ulster

Me-thinks that Paul can't afford the monthly subscription and feels some anger over that.

Otherwise, running around screaming how much you don't like something reminds me a lot of Brick from "Anchorman"..."I love lamp".

edit: oops formatting wrong

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 16:31.

3. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 16:01 Frijoles

big blocky graphics

Aka, style. I really like the graphics in WoW. They aren't realistic, but fuck realistic. I'd rather see a bigass sword with glowing particle effects. Oh, they match Warcraft 3's graphics, also.. which I think was kinda the point.

childish game play

Not quite sure what you mean by this one. The ingame jokes? Humor sucks in games, I agree. The killing? Probably not that.. that's not childish. The questing? Damn RPG in MMORPGs.

easy pvp

Right, you're a grand champion then are you?

asshole kids running round with big swords

Agree on this. They have other weapons too though. I'm not sure what your beef is against swords. Maybe you're a druid that can't wield one?

i'll pass thanks.

And we're all better off that you do.

2. Re: wow Sep 26, 2006, 15:40 MMORPGHoD

asshole kids running round with big swords , i'll pass thanks

That would seem to be a contradiction. You know, asshole kids running around and you not being one of them.

1. wow Sep 26, 2006, 15:28 jhonsmith

sucks balls
big blocky graphics , childish game play , easy pvp , asshole kids running round with big swords , i'll pass thanks.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo