Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LEGO Star Wars II Patches

This LucasArts Entertainment Support Page (thanks Frans) offers new patches for various localized editions of LEGO Star Wars II, bringing the brixilated sequel to version 1.01. Word is this "Addresses an error that is seen on some systems during installation."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2006, 21:09 Morgan19

They wave their little C shaped hand at the disk and use the force

m19

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2006, 18:19 sponge

How exactly do you install a patch for a program that refuses to install?

"When you run the appropriate file for your country, which is noted below, this update may prompt you to insert the original game disc in your drive if it is not already in the drive. After you insert the disc, just follow the prompts to install LEGOŽ STAR WARS II: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY."

The patch is a tested MSI that updates the digital signature and reads the CAB from the CD.

4. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2006, 17:29 The Half Elf

well before this you had to copy everything to the hard drive replace a file and installed like normal, i guess from what I have read this runs the setup off the CD with the fix in the front end patch.

Ahh fuck it,
They wave their little C shaped hand at the disk and use the force

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2006, 17:16 Creston

Uhm,

How exactly do you install a patch for a program that refuses to install?

Creston

2. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2006, 14:53 The Half Elf

Actually it was very surprising especially how polished the first game was.

But I won't go into some of the graphical bugs in the game or how the Falcon has 3 different Canopy pieces during the entire game, or how they added bricks to the Xwing that aren't even there. Other then that a pretty solid game.As it does turn out apparently one of the latest Microsoft Updates screws with something, so I can't really blame them for that. I didn't luck out with the first 'fix' with the cab file and had to wait for the second community 'fix' with a proper exe file.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 14:55.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. No subject Sep 17, 2006, 14:30 Xii

Amazing that the community had a replacement MSI file to fix this long before the company did something about it. (or maybe not amazing at all.)

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo