Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Prey Content Plans

3D Realms News has word on plans for additional content for Prey that's in the works that will be made available for free to owners of the PC and Xbox 360 editions of human Head's shooter:

A little while back, we announced that additional content was being worked on for Prey. It is still being worked on, but we have a small (but important) update to bring you on this.

This new content will be free of charge. This goes for both the PC side and the Xbox 360 side.

Just to remind folks, we're working on some new multiplayer skins (play as Jen, Elhuit, etc), and some new multiplayer maps. Both are coming along nicely, but the exact number of both is as of yet not finalized, so I can't tell you exactly what will be in the content pack.

As usual, there's no date for this, the materials will be out "when they're done" (although sooner than later I'd imagine ). Given that we received the "official" word this afternoon, we didn't want to wait to bring you this update, which many people have been asking us about.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. No subject Sep 16, 2006, 17:08 Hump

They need more "real world" type maps like the bar instead of endless walkway maps which all look the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. No subject Sep 16, 2006, 12:11 Bone43

Wheres Blondie?

11. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2006, 09:56 Squirmer

I guess we have Xbox Live to thank for free post-release content becoming big news. Time was when it was a given.

10. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2006, 09:47 sponge

Portal was thought up long before this if I'm not mistaken

Depends. Prey was first announced with this technology back in 1996, with some videos, but was mostly forgotten. Narbacular Drop came out 2004, before the re-announcement of Prey.

9. Why I didnt buy prey Sep 16, 2006, 04:12 mOOzilla

Because its 25 to 30 GBP in most stores but now on play.com its 15 GBP Maybe I will consider it. I only pay 25 odd GBP or more for serious multiplayer games with a little longer life like Tribes 2 etc. Single player focused games like HL2 episodes and prey etc shouldnt be more than 15 GBP due to their short life time.

While I do like the idea of episodic games like HL2 episodes for the over all length and story line but since they are a Series they shouldnt be priced at the same as multi player games per espisode. As for subscription games, I only pay subscriptions for playing against real people, not bots.

The MP aspects of most SP focused games are just afterthoughts and not worth for MP alone. Nice idea of a changing gravity though but I look forward to Team fortress 2, Portal and QuakeWars

Whats severely missing is major CO-Op games. Im really do miss the Siege games on Tribes 2.

Im in favour of purchasing on line and downloading the clients. I dont want to have stupid DVD's around in cant get rid off after the game has past its lifetime (usually a few hours for single player games) thereby saving costs and plastics.
This comment was edited on Sep 16, 04:22.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

8. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2006, 04:12 Awesome Spume

PC version currently 15 quid at Play uk. Didn't even realise opinion was split on this. Hey ho, roll on Oct/Nov.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.starshipsofa.com/

7. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2006, 03:27 Wowbagger_TIP

Therefore, the intrigue of it, the allure, the interesting taste & feel of walking on walls is wasted by the sheer, unstoppable, amount of it.

I think it falls more into the category of "easy to learn, tough to master". Look at games like Quake and Unreal Tournament. It's very much the same thing over and over. But it was fun. If this turns out to be a novelty that is also quite fun, then maybe it'll stick.

Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be tied up and spanked. It told me so itself, in a naughty little whisper.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2006, 02:37 The Half Elf

Didn't the Level Lord release a special map for Sin that allowed for walking on the walls/cealings? Think it used teleport pads instead of holes in the wall though.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2006, 01:55 Zephalephelah

Multi-player would obviously include using portals and walking on 4+ surfaces instead of 1+.

The problem is that although a player is taught to think in extra-dimensional terms, it is completely science fiction. Therefore, the intrigue of it, the allure, the interesting taste & feel of walking on walls is wasted by the sheer, unstoppable, amount of it. It's like Doom3 when they pull the closet trick for the 2,749th time. It got old because it was never a novelty, but the entirety.

This game = the skank.

Props for trying something new; but then again Portal was thought up long before this if I'm not mistaken, and if I am mistaken then the implementation of the ideas were so bluntly done it was like brain surgery with a baseball bat.

1 out of 4 stars.

4. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2006, 00:50 Masa

As usual, there's no date for this, the materials will be out "when they're done"

Some areas you should NOT take 3DR's advisory that seriously. If they hold that in divine light we'd see the maps in ten years.

3. No subject Sep 16, 2006, 00:07 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

Stop the presses! Someone is slamming a game they didn't like in the Blue's News comments section!

2. No subject Sep 15, 2006, 23:47 Zoomboy27

Nice mix of weapons. Spirit-walking(and fighting). Walking on walls and ceiling Fun stuff

Haven't seen many user maps - a lot of mappers seem to be trying to do too much with the walls and spheres
Sorry, but solid maps first and then add those extra twists.

1. No subject Sep 15, 2006, 23:10 PHJF

... Prey has multiplay?

Ugh. Game was so boring I didn't notice.

------
"I have a grave announcement. Anyone with a weak heart had better leave now. Goodbye."

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo