Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - LEGO Star Wars II

Darth Vader in a Bikini? LucasArts and TT Games Ship LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, One of the Most Anticipated Family Entertainment Titles of 2006 (thanks Frans) is the press release announcing the availability of the brixilated Star Wars sequel:

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 12, 2006--LucasArts and TT Games today announced that it has shipped its hotly anticipated videogame, LEGO® Star Wars® II: The Original Trilogy, to retailers worldwide. Presale data, retailers and wide-ranging rave media reviews of the game all point to its broad appeal.

LEGO Star Wars II allows you to mix and match character parts just like you did as a kid...with hilarious consequences!

LEGO Star Wars II combines the fun and endless customization of LEGO play with a hilarious, tongue-in-cheek take on the epic story, characters and action from the classic Star Wars: Episodes IV, V and VI films. In order to provide immediate fun and accessibility for all families, LEGO Star Wars II is available on eight platforms, including the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 and Xbox® video game systems from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM), Nintendo DS(TM), Nintendo Game Boy® Advance, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable system) and Windows.

Families Can Mix and Match Their Favorite Star Wars Heroes

One of LEGO Star Wars II's most amusing new features is the Character Customizer. More than 60 playable characters, and their assorted heads, torsos, midsections and legs, can be unlocked throughout the course of the game. These parts can then be mixed and matched like actual LEGO minifigures to create the likes of Darth Threepio, Stormbacca or Ewok Organa -- there are literally millions of possibilities!

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Gamepad for lego Sep 21, 2006, 19:12 Al Woodward

What kind of game pad works for Lego Star wars 2? The website says it does not support the x-box 360 controller for pc's.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Can anyone install this? Sep 14, 2006, 17:20 Max Scott

Sorry - all working - being stupid.....

17. Re: Can anyone install this? Sep 14, 2006, 16:48 Max Scott

I did this and it worked a treat first time. But when I come to run program from icon it tells me wrong disc inserted. What can i do to overcome this?

16. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2006, 11:46 Ecthelion

For anyone who played the first one, this one is even better. Not only is the source material better (Original Trilogy!), but the levels are longer and a bit more challenging. Also, who doesn't want to play as Han Solo?

15. No subject Sep 13, 2006, 10:27 xXBatmanXx

hehehe I was at Gamestop yesterday, and one of the adults in there says, "now why did they put darth vaders head on the princess' body?" the guy working there says, "hay, that is someone's wet dream"

hahahahah I couldn't believe it!

Listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Squirrel Count: Catch & Release: 11 Shot: 11

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

14. Re: customized characters Sep 13, 2006, 01:28 Sepharo

This would be a cool idea for a fantasy game where you could make new characters without having to build and import a mesh into the game engine and then animate it.

I'm excited... get to work.

We expect a status report in 1 week.

13. Re: customized characters Sep 12, 2006, 21:54 nin

This would be a cool idea for a fantasy game where you could make new characters without having to build and import a mesh into the game engine and then animate it.

Damn good idea.

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.richardcheese.com/ http://www.myspace.com/richardcheese

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: customized characters Sep 12, 2006, 20:02 Bill Borre

One of LEGO Star Wars II's most amusing new features is the Character Customizer. More than 60 playable characters, and their assorted heads, torsos, midsections and legs, can be unlocked throughout the course of the game. These parts can then be mixed and matched like actual LEGO minifigures to create the likes of Darth Threepio, Stormbacca or Ewok Organa -- there are literally millions of possibilities!

11. Re: Xbox 360 version on sale? Sep 12, 2006, 19:33 Sinistar

Yeah, I'm curious if the PSP version supports any sort of multiplayer.

10. Re: Can anyone install this? Sep 12, 2006, 16:07 Sepharo

Yeah I figured that from the start but when it involves pirating it's always the pirates fault. </sarcasm>

Not that I'm asking for product support with products that weren't bought but just asking for a little critical thinking on the parts of people who immediatly tell someone to fuck off when they are pointing out a problem.

This didn't happen here at Blue's of course but the whole Titan Quest fiasco on their boards reminds me of this.

9. Re: Can anyone install this? Sep 12, 2006, 14:27 sponge

Not surprising. The warez groups are using silver pressed CDs to release, too. Just luck of the draw that the RLD release was a bad pressing.

8. Re: Can anyone install this? Sep 12, 2006, 13:49 Sepharo

Hey who woulda thought the cabinet file error present in the pirated copies was in the real... Geez!

And all this time they told us it was because it was hacked.

Those crazy forum boys...

7. Re: Can anyone install this? Sep 12, 2006, 13:48 sponge

If anyone else has installation problems:
http://rapidshare.de/files/32472113/LEGO_Star_Wars_II_msi_by_MUCHAS.rar
is a re-packed MSI. Copy the CD to your HD, replace the MSI and run. Worked liek a charm here.

6. Re: Xbox 360 version on sale? Sep 12, 2006, 12:19 nin

I heard the PSP version is surprisingly sharp. Anyone tried it?

I'll grab the PC version, at some point...maybe a portable version if it's REALLY good.

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Xbox 360 version on sale? Sep 12, 2006, 12:09 subgenius

Anyone know of the Xbox360 version being on sale somewhere?

4. Re: Can anyone install this? Sep 12, 2006, 12:09  cliffski 

this is much talked about on the offical game forums. There was talk of a dodgy fix for it

begun this lego war has.

http://www.positech.co.uk

3. Can anyone install this? Sep 12, 2006, 12:08 drtrogg

Can anyone install this? I get "Error 1330 - cabinet file has an invalid signature. Error 3 returned by WinVerifyTrust" when I try. Even when copied from disk.  
---------------
LW|Quake/Unreal tools
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~mbristol/

2. Game underside Sep 12, 2006, 11:57 Morgan19

If anyone picks up the PS2 version, can you report on whether the disc is blue or silver underneath?

(EDIT-) Looks like it's silver. My PS2 can play it, yahoo.

m19

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 16:14.

1. Got my copy! Sep 12, 2006, 11:44 Angelspit

I'm just back from Future Shop (the guys at EBGames were too busy chatting about the newest console games to bother putting PC games on the shelves) with my copy of the game. Can't wait to go home after work.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo