Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Civilization Chronicles

Take 2 Games announces Civilization Chronicles (thanks Frans), "the most comprehensive civilization collection ever made" planned for release next month for an MSRP of $69.99. The anthology will include extras like the Civilization card game, a 96 page book on the series, a DVD on the creation of Civ IV, and more, as well as the entire turn-based strategy series:

The set will include: Sid Meier's Civilization I, Sid Meier's Civilization II, Civilization II: Fantastic Worlds, Civilization II: Conflicts in Civilization, Civilization II: Test of Time, Sid Meier's Civilization III, Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play the World, Sid Meier's Civilization III: Conquests and Sid Meier's Civilization IV.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. XP compatibility Sep 7, 2006, 21:47 SevereTireDamage

Compatibility with existing/future OSs like XP and Vista are the only real reasons why this would be worth getting, though many people probably already get their retro-civ jones from FreeCiv. Still, if they actually bother to do the ports, it's a nice effort, though I'm not sure how many people will really feel the need to get EVERY Civ game, when each entry is usually an evolutionary step up (though I haven't played 3 and 4, and I hear that those are different or broken in different ways from older Civs).

No SMAC/X, though, that's disappointing (or it would be if I still didn't own my copy). I'm guessing EA still owns that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: After all this time... Sep 7, 2006, 19:53 Elf Shot The Food

It comes with the board game and a 96-page book too, so you get quite a bit of stuff for the price.

10. After all this time... Sep 7, 2006, 19:12 blood_rose

I still love Civ 1 the most. I'm assuming that this will be a XP version. If so I am sold.

9. Re: Who is this for? Sep 7, 2006, 17:13 Gdiguy

I still played II after I had III, because something always bugged me about the third one (and the second was one of the first games I was really addicted to)

The fourth is very good, though... other than crappy network code

8. Who is this for? Sep 7, 2006, 16:47 jayeffaar

Who do they think will buy this package? The Civ addicts already have all the civ games they need, and new players certainly don't need the entire collection.

Besides, Civ isn't the type of game where you would play the entire series from start to finish to get the entire story. Each game in the series is pretty much infinitely replayable, and if you have the one you like, there's no point in getting all the others, since you won't play them much. I own II and III but I've been playing IV lately and would never think of firing up the earlier ones now.

7. No subject Sep 7, 2006, 13:52 shinchan0s

They need to patch Antietam so it can run in XP =/

6. Re: Civ Chronicles Sep 7, 2006, 11:58 Angelspit

Civ IV still sells for $49.99 at EBgames (and Warlords is $29.99), so there's no way they will charge less for the compilation.

I must say that Civilization Chronicles is a cool name.

5. Civ Chronicles Sep 7, 2006, 11:45 Tumbler

69.99? That is too expensive, 39.99 tops for me if it came with Warlords, but as is wouldn't pay more than 29.99.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4. No subject Sep 7, 2006, 11:42 BIGtrouble77

You beat me beamer, I was looking for civnet too, lol.

3. No subject Sep 7, 2006, 11:21 nightfend

The Civilization: More Money compilation!

2. Re: Huh Sep 7, 2006, 10:48 Beamer

Where's CivNet? HAHAHAHA.

I'd only play Civ and Civ 4, and I have those. Civ 2 and 3 never struck me as worth replacing Civ 1 for.
Since I already have Civ and Civ 4... I'll skip. But if it goes down to $20 at any point I'd probably pick it up simply out of love for the series.

-------------
Doomriders: the first new band worth a signature - http://www.deathwishinc.com/

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Huh Sep 7, 2006, 10:32 Bet

Where's Civ IV Warlords?

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.