Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 2: Episode Two Delay Confirmed

Valve releases a new HD version of the video trailer from Half-Life 2: Episode Two from the GC (story), while confirming the delay to the next episode of their shooter sequel that was just revealed a week ago (story). The movie is available on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Computer Games, Filecloud, FileFront, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, and Techgage, and here's word:

New footage from the second installment in Valve's first episodic trilogy is now available. In addition to revealing a little more about where the trilogy leads after Freeman's time in City 17, Trailer2 shows off the Cinematic Physics system enabled in the Source Engine by Gray Horsfield and others at Valve for Episode Two. Half-Life 2: Episode Two is targeted for release in Q1 2007 for release on the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: No subject Aug 31, 2006, 09:47 xXBatmanXx

How about getting rid of the million fucking demos which have popped up in Steam to be downloaded at my request - I have no intention of downloading this shit, why can't I delete them from my games list?!

Go into the SteamApps folder and delete the files manually. They will disappear!

Listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Squirrel Count: Catch & Release: 11 Shot: 6

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: No subject Aug 31, 2006, 07:40 Tango

How about getting rid of the million fucking demos which have popped up in Steam to be downloaded at my request - I have no intention of downloading this shit, why can't I delete them from my games list?!

11. No subject Aug 30, 2006, 23:27 xXBatmanXx

This movie was out last week as a shaky cam.

Oh well, the detail looks better.
Some improvements to items that blow up.

FUNGS 53

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

10. ... Aug 30, 2006, 22:20 theyarecomingforyou

If the delay means our hero is given a voice I am happy to wait!
That would be a dreadful idea and completely against the entire character of the Half-Life universe. Other than that the idea was fine.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

9. Re: Delays Aug 30, 2006, 22:19 Jeraxle

The idea behind Gordon not speaking is that valve reckon it'd break the sense of 'being' him when you're playing, especially if he starts spewing one liners than you can't imagine yourself, let alone him ever saying.

Yeah... If they did that then it'd be just like playing DNF ... Oh wait ...

1 Post Closer to 20,000.
Nicht alle Esel haben vier Beine.
Co-Founder of the Quad-F filter

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

8. Re: Delays Aug 30, 2006, 21:49 Ging

The idea behind Gordon not speaking is that valve reckon it'd break the sense of 'being' him when you're playing, especially if he starts spewing one liners than you can't imagine yourself, let alone him ever saying.

7. Re: Delays Aug 30, 2006, 21:02 TonyT

If the delay means our hero is given a voice I am happy to wait! I know his voice can be annoying sometimes but I cannot imagine Far Cry with a dumb leading man. Valve have something against doing this - take Sin Episodes.

6. Re: Delays Aug 30, 2006, 20:49 Zephalephelah

How about getting those fucktards to give movie updates instead of release dates?

So the news today could be, check out this new EP:2 trailer. There's still no release date as we're following Id Software's "when it's done" method. But occasionally we'll show you what we're doing.

5. Re: Huh? Aug 30, 2006, 19:51 4D-Boxing

I agree...

We already new the release date was pushed back. Save the news releases for the 30 days prior to release date. Don't waist our time useless tid bits.

4. Shadows Aug 30, 2006, 19:49 jimnms

Check out the shadows cast by the flashlight, I don't remember seeing that in HL2 or EP:1.

Steam Profile

3. No subject Aug 30, 2006, 19:35 xXBatmanXx

The techage is pretty quick.

Everything else has a wait.

FUNGS 53

2. Re: Huh? Aug 30, 2006, 19:29 Bucky

I'm trying very, very hard to avoid any more HL2: EP2, TF2 and Portal trailers. The only news I care about now is when I can play them.

---
Xfire: GreySpire

1. Huh? Aug 30, 2006, 19:23 Bunko

No one has posted about this yet?

The video looks pretty damn cool, especially the upgrades to the physics engine. I'm interested. And lately, I haven't been much interested in gaming.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo