Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
13. Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Aug 30, 2006, 19:04 MeatForce

What's so difficult to understand? Halo was released 5 years ago. Half-Life was released 8 years ago. Halo is not in the 6-10 years ago range. Half-Life is in the 6-10 years ago range. Understand?

Yes, of course I understand that they were released years ago. That doesn't change the fact that there was only a three year span between the two releases, so saying that it was outclassed by games released on the PC 6-10 years ago is moot. Not to mention inaccurate, because the AI in Halo is better than the AI in Half-Life.

I'm glad you liked Halo, but I don't see how many PC FPS gamers would think it was so great. It offered nothing new in gameplay and had worse multiplayer, controls, and graphics than PC games at the time. It worked very well on a console for console gamers, but there was a reason it was totally ignored when released on the PC...

By the time Halo was released on the PC, its time had long since passed. I was never talking about the PC version though -- I was talking about playing it when it was released in 2001 for the XBox. At that time, it had the best AI going.

Yeah, I did like Halo, but like I said -- I'm definitely not a Halo fanboy. For example, I refused to play it through on the XBox, because I HATED the fact that it wasn't released as a mouse/keyboard experience first. Someone once said that playing an FPS with a controller is like having sex with six condoms on at once, and I couldn't agree more

By the time I finally got around to finishing it on the PC, it was only just OK. I pretty much hated Halo 2. None of that prevents me from recognizing the things it did very very well at the time it was released, however.

One of which was AI.

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.
This comment was edited on Aug 30, 19:06.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 30, 11:22 Crysis Not Possible on Consoles MeatForce
  2. Aug 30, 11:31  Re: Crysis Not Possible on Consoles Tumbler
  3. Aug 30, 12:42 Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Riley Pizt
  4. Aug 30, 13:10  Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Fantaz
  5. Aug 30, 14:15   Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Fion
  6. Aug 30, 15:20    Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C MeatForce
  10. Aug 30, 18:01     Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C S_DOG34
  11. Aug 30, 18:09      Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C nightfend
  12. Aug 30, 19:03       Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Elf Shot The Food
  15. Aug 30, 20:33        Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Bodolza
>> 13. Aug 30, 19:04      Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C MeatForce
  14. Aug 30, 19:46       Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C The Half Elf
  19. Aug 30, 21:05       Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Riley Pizt
  20. Aug 30, 21:30        Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Elf Shot The Food
  21. Aug 30, 22:50        Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C MeatForce
  22. Aug 31, 00:37         Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Riley Pizt
  18. Aug 30, 21:00      Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Riley Pizt
  16. Aug 30, 20:49     Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Riley Pizt
  23. Aug 31, 02:13    Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C drt
  7. Aug 30, 15:32  Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Yosemite Sam
  8. Aug 30, 16:37   Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Bodolza
  9. Aug 30, 16:46    Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C MMORPGHoD
  17. Aug 30, 20:53   Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Riley Pizt

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo