Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Juarez MP Demo

As promised (story), the Call of Juarez multiplayer demo is now available, offering the chance to strap on your six-shooters and sample the multiplayer play in Techland's upcoming wild west first-person shooter. The demo includes a skirmish map and a robbery map with support for two of the game's four classes. The demo debuts on 3D Gamers and FilePlanet (registration required). Mirrors are now also available on Computer Games, eXp Download, FileFront. FileNuts, Gamer's Hell, VGPRO, and Worthplaying.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Fun game, but laggy... Sep 5, 2006, 02:05 Ant

Probably crappy servers or connections. The game reminded me of Outlaws.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2006, 20:35 Teddy

Loading times ARE rediculous, especially for how small the levels are.

As for the servers... I can see them and got into a few. Had a couple that just sat "authorizing", but it seems to work. Has to be some port/firewall issue for those that aren't seeing any.

13. No subject Aug 29, 2006, 19:46 EMkaEL

the loading times are absolutely ridiculous..!!

12. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2006, 17:38 DDI

I don't see any MP games...

11. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2006, 16:32 The Half Elf

Tried it all and still couldn't connect to any MP games, saw them on the list but that was it.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2006, 16:10 chino

Make sure you select "Join multiplayer server" and not "join Lan game" or "Create lan game". Also make sure your firewall is off. The list came up fine for me.

Yeah, definitely used join multiplayer as well as create multiplayer. I'm going to try disabling some of the port forwarding setups I have on my router and see what happens.

9. No subject Aug 29, 2006, 16:02 Hump

Make sure you select "Join multiplayer server" and not "join Lan game" or "Create lan game". Also make sure your firewall is off. The list came up fine for me.

The MP is pretty simplistic. They only give you two character classes with two weapons each (either pistols/dynamite or pistols/rifle). The menu implies there are other character unlocks in the full game as well as other weapons so hopefully there will be more to it than whats here. The engine looks beautiful and ran buttery smooth for me at full settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

8. No subject Aug 29, 2006, 16:01 Nick W

Least multiplayer demo ever, haha. I wonder if they haven't put the master up yet.

7. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2006, 15:55 chino

Nah, I cant see any server either. Bummer...

Same here. I actually hosted a server for a little while and ran around the robbery map, but nobody joined. Either the browser's broken r nobody's playing.

6. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2006, 15:44 Panick

Nah, I cant see any server either. Bummer...

5. Re: Glitcherati? Aug 29, 2006, 15:37 Hump

Is this just as glitchy as the SP demo?

worked fine for me.

I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

4. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2006, 14:49 Strango

Filefront is working.

3. No subject Aug 29, 2006, 14:41 Nick W

Am I the only one not seeing any servers up?

2. Glitcherati? Aug 29, 2006, 14:38 Bludd

Is this just as glitchy as the SP demo?

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo