Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Updated

A new update for World of Warcraft is now automatically available, bringing Blizzard's MMORPG to version 1.12.0 in adding cross-realm PvP Battlegrounds, objective-based PvP battles, the Rogue talent review, bug fixes, and more. There are also manual patches for either the previous version or any version prior to that, also divided by region. Some or all of the various international patches can be found on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), VGPRO, and Worthplaying.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: wow Aug 23, 2006, 08:48 Ecthelion

lord knows i gave GW a long try, but in the end, the mechanics sucked, the confined feeling blew, the enemy ai was abysmal at best, the characters didnt reflect their abilities or gear, the beautiful backgrounds you saw werent explorable, the crafting was horrid, the interface hideous.. but that's just me.
My feelings exactly. The best thing about GW is that you can set the interface language to "Muppets Swedish Chef." That gave me a good laugh, but I'm not sure it was worth $50.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 19:32 ColoradoHoudini

"Or you could just play guild wars for free"

but what if they want to quest and do pvp?
lord knows i gave GW a long try, but in the end, the mechanics sucked, the confined feeling blew, the enemy ai was abysmal at best, the characters didnt reflect their abilities or gear, the beautiful backgrounds you saw werent explorable, the crafting was horrid, the interface hideous.. but that's just me.

anyhow..
cross-relam BG's.. oh we'll see how that works (shrug)
i doubt the new pvp ideas will be worth a damn.

16. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 18:58 Hornet303

Hmm, im assuming you are saying WoW is monooply and GW is tiddly-winks?

The depth of the GW PVP is crazy. Dont get me wrong, im playing thru WoW for the first time the past month, and its good. Havent done PVP yet. Id say the PVE game of WoW is pretty superior to GW. But the PVP of GW is supior to WoW. The two games just have different directions.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 19:01.

15. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 18:40 Talisorn

Or you could just play guild wars for free
Hmmm .... yeh. That's like comparing tiddly-winks and monopoly.

14. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 17:05 Jaenos

I have to sit in an office full of players and they talk on and on and on about some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

Dont get me wrong, I am practically king of nerds, but the crap these people spew and get excited about goes beyound anything of nerdom, it's spawn this new sort of culture that I am not too sure how to classify it.

13. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 16:39 RaZ0r!

"Thank god, CROSS REALM pvp praise the lord"

Cross server PVP = more Alliance for Horde to farm

RaZ0r!

12. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 16:34 CJ_Parker

people still playing this game? ;)

Yeah, I've heard that there are still like some 5 million nub cakes playing this POS but don't worry, man, this game is sooo gonna die like by the end of this year at the very latest. Man, trust me, Blizzard is gonna fold and like all of their shitty employees and nub codars are gunna be sent packing, man. Watch 'em die and cry, d00d. Like totally. w3rd.

11. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 16:04 Ecthelion

The problem there is that many WoW players don't like GW. I know I don't. I've tried to get into that game on at least 3 separate occasions, but I always give up out of boredom. There is just enough cool stuff there to make me try again (although it's probably more due to the fact that I bought the game, so I feel obligated to play it), but enough bad stuff to quickly bore me.

WoW, on the other hand, still managed to stay fun in spite of its faults. I wasn't playing it very often, however, and it seemed like paying for a game I only play a few hours a week wasn't worth it. Maybe the expansion will get me hooked again if I pick it up. Then again, it's kind of nice to be out of the MMO world for now, so maybe I'll hold off.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 16:05.

10. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 15:13 nin

"And only 20 levels? Seems like you'd max out a character rather quickly."

Depends on which game you're playing - the original or Factions...

-----------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

No venomhed, you can't fuck me. Please stop asking.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 15:09 Tr0n

"And only 20 levels? Seems like you'd max out a character rather quickly."

That's the point.

8. Oh well Aug 22, 2006, 15:00 Muscular Beaver

This patch hasnt nearly been tested enough.
I played on the PTRs and even at the end it was still bug infested. No wonder they need another 2 hours to fix it.

Crossrealm BGs are nice and it WILL help with wait times and you will be able to gain honor and reputation much quicker. Also realms where the win/loss ratio was horribly unbalanced/onesided will now be more balanced.

But the "new" world PvP is one of the worst ideas Ive ever seen from them. Its simply pointless and harrasses people even more who simply want to quest in that zone.
I really dont know why they didnt simply remove the civilians or made them invulnerable etc. World PvP was so awesome on the PTRs, NOT because of this "new" world PvP, but because people didnt care about DKs at all.

The rogue review is a joke aswell. I really feel bad for rogues.
EDIT: Muhahaha, no I dont!

________
I'm not... gonna... cry... you... dumb... doo-doo brain!
-Bubbles
This comment was edited on Aug 22, 15:15.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

7. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 14:39 Frijoles

Was going to do that, but couldn't find a way to try it out first... like a 14-day free trial thing that a lot of MMOs do. Don't you have to buy the expansions also? How many are there? Are you gimped if you don't own them all?

And only 20 levels? Seems like you'd max out a character rather quickly.

6. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 13:12 Tehol

people still playing this game?

5. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 13:11 Hornet303

4. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 13:07 Frijoles

I'm interested to see if the cross-realm BGs helps at all. It seems that would just make it worse if the ratio of horde to alliance is the same across the servers. I'm more looking forward to the expansion with the ability for alliance to fight alliance. No more queues after that if you want to fight in the arena.

3. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 12:57 Grounded

Thank god, CROSS REALM pvp praise the lord

Cross-Realm Battlegrounds- For the first time in the history of World of Warcraft, you will be
able to face off against players from other realms in the
Battlegrounds. PvP Battlegrounds link Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch,
and Arathi Basin so that players from several realms will be
combined into one huge matchmaking pool. Replenish your mana,
sharpen your blades, and get ready for some brand-new challengers!

World PvP- The stage is set for intense, objective-based land battles as Horde
and Alliance vie for control over important strategic positions and
resources around Azeroth. Head out for Silithus and Eastern
Plaguelands to engage the enemy on the field!

2. Re: wow Aug 22, 2006, 12:43 Soylent Bob

Nothing that's been announced so far, thats for sure.

1. wow Aug 22, 2006, 12:08 speedbacon

can anything stop them?

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo