Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Red Orchestra Trial

The Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Website has word that the free trial of Tripwire Interactive's World War II first-person shooter is underway:

The free full-game trial for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is now underway. The free trial period features the full RO:Ostfront game including the recently released Free Booster Pack which includes a new mission (Lyes Krovy), smoke grenades for commanders, and many other gameplay enhancements. The free trial lasts from now until August 7th, so if you havenít got the game already head on over to the Info Page to get RO now. In addition to the free week, Tripwire Interactive recently released 3 new videos of the game which can be download in the Steam Media Section.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: PiTiFUL Aug 5, 2006, 17:39 Yosemite Sam

Heh you may not be a fucking puppet but you are a blithering idiot. The function that enables you to change your position in a tank is NOT adjustable and is not even listed in the key options. Thought you were smart Zeph? An asshole to be sure, but a smart asshole, guess I was wrong. Thats OK, I have sympathy for those who are a little slow.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: PiTiFUL Aug 5, 2006, 08:33 Zephalephelah

Nope. Didn't realize that because I spent very little time playing that stupid version (the tank version) of RO. Besides, your answer cannot possibly relate to me because I'm not some kind of fucking puppet that just accepts the keys given to him by a developer. I change my settings to my personal FPS custom settings for any game I play. I am in control, not some puppet like you. You be the bitch for the developers. I'm gonna make sure I have my keyboard straight.

Like I said, I played that tank bullshit for a very short time because I realized how completely fake it was to believe that they could force teamwork. You can't do that, the idiot fucktards are still going to TK & drive off cliffs & not listen. This isn't Team-Play, it's homoplay... and you're the bitch getting fucked by the dog!!!

http://www.break.com/index/way_too_much_tequila.html

RO is a good game, the tank thing makes it kind smell like poop.

28. Re: Eh... Aug 5, 2006, 01:09 Yosemite Sam

The slot for driving is ridiculously small

You know that if you roll the wheel mouse that slot takes up the whole screen right, kind of like if you moved your head right up to the view port.

Been playing again today, still on tanks though, and decided to play as the russians. WTF is up with the tiger tanks, I can one shot kill them from the front everytime. I thought this was based on realism, a tiger tank is\was practically invincible in its front armour.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

27. Re: Spooge Aug 5, 2006, 00:31 [RR]Rummy

Hello, Mr. Zeph. This is Agent Smith. Stop weaving and flexing so I can shoot you, Mr.Zeph.

Agent Smith
This comment was edited on Aug 5, 00:37.

[RR]Rummy
Clan Leader of Rummys Rampage at www.rummysrampage.com
Recruiting for BF1942, Desert Combat, Raven Shield, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

26. Re: Eh... Aug 5, 2006, 00:02 Zephalephelah

though it was annoying to have my armour stopped dead in its tracks by a pile of hay or a wooden fence

Yeah, I recall COD or something allowing to drive right the fuck through even medium-sized trees. That was sweet!!!

In fact, about 1/2 of my complaints are about movement.
*If you fall 8feet, your legs turn red with damage.
*You are unable to climb onto something a 4yr old child would be able to get over/upon/whatver.
*A pile of hay or a fence stops a tank going 20mph.
*The slot for driving is ridiculously small, however much of this could be taken care of by simply not having the damned little slot move away from any sort of horizon at all because of a tiny hill or a rock or shit. I realize that in real life these things probably ran just like they do; but if I WAS REALLY THERE, I WOULDN'T BE STUCK BEHIND A TINY HOLE LOOKING AT THE SKY OR THE GROUND OR A TREE, I WOULD MOVE MY FUCKING HEAD AROUND!!!! So simulate that!!! And quit making driving a practice in annoyance.

25. Re: Eh... Aug 4, 2006, 16:34 Yosemite Sam

Well I played practice mode last night and the tanks are sweet, though it was annoying to have my armour stopped dead in its tracks by a pile of hay or a wooden fence. Once I figured out that all obstacles are reinforced concrete though I had a great time blasting away. I was unable to get a feel for the infantry so I just blasted tanks all night. I'll try and give the infantry maps a good run today and see if I can get the hang of it then try my luck online. I am thinking of buying this for the tanks alone.

24. Re: Eh... Aug 4, 2006, 15:09 HALLOFROMDENMARK

I take issue with your analogies.

I'm a pretty casual gamer, so I only play on pubs. I don't have time to join a clan, play matches, and work out strategies with my clanmates. As such, what makes RO stand out for me is the maturity of the community and the extent to which teamwork is encouraged by the game. The Orel experience I recounted wasn't great just because we won, it was great because we worked together. I've played lots of games online, but I've never had teamplay experiences as intense as the ones I've had in RO.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 15:10.

23. Re: BicycleRepairMan Aug 4, 2006, 11:11 BicycleRepairMan

I had more fun this time out.

The more you play, the better it gets, its like listening to a great album. RO still have some bugs and issues, like most multiplayer games, but in the end the game is just so satisfying that the faults can be excused most of the time, besides, the developers really listen and respond to the community more than any other developer, if you have a question or comment, simply bring it up in the forums and theyll probably answer themselves before the end of the day. They also listen to suggestions, and lots make it into the game.

22. Re: BicycleRepairMan Aug 4, 2006, 09:46 Zephalephelah

I had more fun this time out. I listed the maps with tanks & whenever a map change goes to something like De_Dust, er excuse me Ro_Arad, I disconnect & find something with a sniper rifle in it.

Like I said, I've decided against announcing exploits that I find; even to, and especially not, RO-coders. If I find something that allows me to win such as learning how to climb up a tree or something then why should I tell the developers how to ruin it for me. Valve has dumbed down CS so much that you can't climb on hardly anything anymore. Anyway, I'll learn things that work for me. I certainly don't need to read any kind of walkthrough of someone else's viewpoints, that would just pigeon-hole me to the same ideas & I'd never think outside the box.

It might be more difficult to learn the game by yourself, but following someone else limits your own creativity.

------

Anyway, I had fun on RO today. I figured out how to climb around on stuff pretty well, although I must admit the best part was when I just sniped from out in the wide open from the crest of a hill. Everyone's looking for spots that snipers use all the time & I'm right in the middle of it all. Generally, I died the least of anyone, but there was one game when I got 87 points. That was pretty fun. At least I don't get called hacker here for having better hand-eye coordination than the rest of the world.

21. Re: Spooge Aug 4, 2006, 06:20 BicycleRepairMan

while I am seeing the matrix. Most of you are very low on the totem pole.

Well, mr.matrix, like most games, RO has have some known exploits, most of them are discovered pretty quickly, the mod had a map you could easily crawl below ground anywhere, people still played and had a good time, without exploiting.

lyes krovy is a brand new map, so no suprise if theres an overlooked glitch in there somewhere. Theyll probably fix it in the next update.

You can report the gamma exploit to Tripwire at http://www.redorchestragame.com , I recommend PM'ing [RO]Ramm-jaeger at the forums, he's lead coder.

20. Sweeeeeeet! Aug 4, 2006, 03:59 Alamar

Another WW II FPS!!!

Seriously though... I'm happy for the people that find that era/history/etc interesting... War games/movies just don't do it for me...

-Alamar

19. Re: Spooge Aug 4, 2006, 03:46 Zephalephelah

Well guy, it's like this. You have a certain kind of card (I won't say which) & you set the gamma on it (and something else I won't tell you) and then wola! Not only can you see any moving object like you have predator-vision, but you can also see these moving objects right through boxes and other placed items (Not walls thankfully).

The reason I wasn't too rough on you Spooge is because you specifically said "LOL?" as if you didn't know whether or not it was real. It is real. It does happen. I saw it for myself in RO last night.

--------

The other thing that happens is you can get inside of some walls because the map-makers don't think double-check their work after they've gotten used to their buildings working correctly. For instance, on Lyekrovy you can run from spawn to the first building immediately in front of you, climb the stairs on the left, and fall down while pushing into the building, and now you are inside the wall. There are other places like this too. But I'm not going to tell you fucking assholes because 1/2 of you that just read this are going to try it. Therefore, if I tell you my secrets then you'll just use them against me. And the kicker is that you'll be thinking YOU'RE THE SMART GUY for using someone else's trick.

I've only got until Friday night to play game because I'm off for my 3rd vacation of the year. Make no mistake, I'm not playing RO for a couple days to look for exploits. I'm not bumping every wall or whatever it is you think I'm doing. I'm far, far more intelligent than you & I know what to look for. Read my previous posts about quick-save & you'll just begin to get a clue. I don't use quick-saves in any game, ever. I make it through games because I think faster than you & better than you. It's like this, if you can beat up a little girl and almost everyone on the planet was as weak as a little girl, then you'd know how I feel all the time just running through obstacles that you dumbfucks have to quick-save every 2seconds just to make it past. If I'm facing a boss creature, I look around the room while I shoot it a couple of times to see what happens, and then I instantly know how to defeat it. Basically, I'm playing RO to see if I want to buy it. But because I'm so smart I'm practically tripping over the exploits that 99% of the hardcore players that have been there since day one don't even know about. You idiots get it in your head that the game universe is the same as reality. It isn't. It's connections of materials that have absolutely 0 thickness painted to appear to have substance. It's objects, map walls, and player models. It's not a grenade you are throwing, it is a math calculation. This is why you are trapped in a world that you try to believe as being a reflection of our reality, while I am seeing the matrix. Most of you are very low on the totem pole.

18. Re: Eh... Aug 4, 2006, 01:40 sponge

If you've ever worried about people using video card glitches and gamma/brightness stretched out so bad that a guy with a rifle can see you as far away as a sniper guy, then this game is for you!

LOL? I don't see how the usual video card tweaks are anymore effective in RO than any other game. It's not like they restrict gamma.

17. Re: HALLOFROMDENMARK Aug 4, 2006, 01:21 Zephalephelah

That's a good story but you need to work on your endings a little more.

Basically, it reads like this. A bunch of guys I know play basketball & we are really quite good. We win Gus Macker & other tournaments with ease. This time we walked down the court, each guy ready to help out the rest of the team, we split up & a couple of us took the center while the rest of us walked down the side of the court. The enemy never knew what hit them! We were doing 360 slamdunks & behind the back passes being caught behind the back by another of our team. We OWNED them 100-09 and the minor points they got was just lucky shots on their part. This was on a fucking Elementary School Playground!!!!

16. Re: Eh... Aug 3, 2006, 20:25 HALLOFROMDENMARK

I only wish the maps were bigger because the range adjustment on the gunsight is pretty much useless.

Try Orel - the 88vs76 variant is pretty close to tanking perfection. My farthest kill on that map is 900 meters! Adjusting the sight is *very* necessary at that range, especially with the Panzer IV.

On game in particular stands out as an amazing gaming moment: I was German, and all of us rolled out in formation from our spawn. About half of us split off to take the heights, while the rest (5 tanks or so) swept through the East Field. We were in roughly a spearhead formation, with each tank crew watching a different slice of the horizon. Eventually, a crowd of T-34s came swarming over a hill ahead of us. We spotted them first, and worked together, assigning targets and calling out ranges so we could adjust our guns. The Russians shot back, but they were all destroyed before they could pin down our range. This was on a fucking pub!

15. Re: Eh... Aug 3, 2006, 17:49 Zephalephelah

If you've ever walked over a 8foot staircase on accident & ruined your legs and thought that was realistic, Then this game is for you!

If you've ever worried about people using video card glitches and gamma/brightness stretched out so bad that a guy with a rifle can see you as far away as a sniper guy, then this game is for you!

If you hate it when a tank driver who can barely see at all doesn't listen to gunners who can see a heck of a lot more, then this game is for you!

If you enjoy other games with limited snipers which also don't allow you get become a sniper because all the slots are taken up, then this game is for you!

If you think stacked teams, with skilled players on one side, are fun when no one changes sides to make it even, then this game is for you!

If you think running through an atmosphere the consistency of suspended vomit is fun, then this game is for you! (Unreal Engine was designed for the kiddies who have to travel at 70mph. You slow it down to realistic & it plays like shit. It's the right speed, but like a POLKA song it is the wrong tune.)

RO is a good game. It's not the perfect one. It is DEFINATELY not as realistic as what everyone says. There are very large holes in the realism. Still, it's worth it for everyone to try it out for themselves. Just realize that it isn't perfect & you'll probably like it.

Anyone that has played DOD, COD, MOH, or any other version like that can get into this game & be effective in 1 hour. Everyone else, it will require serious time; but by then you'll either hate it or love it. Still worth a try.

14. Re: Eh... Aug 3, 2006, 17:04 Grounded

"If you have ever played any of the Battlefield series games and emptied a full clip into someone's chest at point-blank range and they have not fallen but YOU have after one shot from them, then this game is for you. "

SOLD

13. Re: Eh... Aug 3, 2006, 16:49 shinchan0s

... nearly everyone hates this game the first couple of hours, this is why its not a free weekend like DOD: Source had, they give you 5 days because you really need to get into it to like it...

Hi! I'm one of those people! I still think that infantry combat though incredibly cool just isn't that fun for me - there's too many buttons and you can't see anything! Although kills with a bolt-action rifle (though rare) are immensely satisfying.

Tank battles on the otherhand (if you have a crewmate who knows what he's doing) are really fun. I just love popping up from the gunner position with my binoculars - it's so fucking cool! I'm trying to get some of my friends into getting the trial so we can all go into a tank together with teamspeak. I only wish the maps were bigger because the range adjustment on the gunsight is pretty much useless.

I'll most likely buy it off Steam when the trial's over.

12. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2006, 15:45 sponge

at least give the option to mount the wall and climb over it.

That's especially evident in that trench map that was released in the last update. #@)*$)@(#$*.

11. No subject Aug 3, 2006, 14:28 DangerDog

The class limit system does suck but without it everyone would be sniper, it's so damn hard to see your target with just iron sight view. I know they're trying to be realistic as possible but in real life you're not limited to 72dpi monitor, they should do a slight zoom to all iron sight weapons.

I'm dissapointed with the vehicle portion of the game and there's not enough urban maps, not being able to get over a knee high wall is extremely frustrating, at least give the option to mount the wall and climb over it.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo