Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• Jagged Alliance 3D
    Gry komputerowe's Jagged Alliance 3D Q&A offers a bilingual Polish and English conversation with Max Tumin of MisT Land South about the coming installment in the JA series: "You once again are hired by ex-ruler of a 3d world country. This time it is Africa. But your main task is not just to 'kill the dictator', first you have to destabilize the situation inside the country by guerilla warfare. That will attract international attention and ex-ruler will be able to use this situation to come back and rule his country once again. Simple assassination will not work for some interesting reasons..."
  • Ritual
    Shacknews' Ritual Q&A talks with QA Manager Mike Russell, focusing on the topic of piracy: "Actually, I contact their ISP [laughs]. I know it sounds silly, but ISPs have been a lot more responsive towards pirates than law enforcement has been. Most law enforcement sees piracy as petty theft. It's under a hundred bucks, it's piddly crap. But ISPs, they're really responsive towards pirates, because most pirates are the people who are munching all the bandwidth. So if they have, essentially, a legitimate excuse to boot a pirate off, they'll take it."
  • Secret Files: Tunguska
    The Secret Files: Tunguska Q&A on Worthplaying is a publisher-distributed discussion of the upcoming adventure game: "We were looking for a theme that was hardly covered in games. When we read about the Tunguska phenomenon, we really wondered why nobody else ever had this idea before. Our own ideas in combination with all the rumours and conspiracy theories dealing with this topic convinced us within a couple of days: This could be a perfect mixture of a mysterious reality with enough room for thrilling fiction. The reason for choosing this genre was quite simple: We loved the classic adventures from LucasArts and titles like 'Simon the Sorcerer 2'. And we realized that there was hardly any of this kind of adventure on the market. And as it was always our dream to create an adventure on our own, we decided to change this."
  • Race In Games
    The Race In Games Q&A on FiringSquad talks with University of British Columbia graduate Rob Parungao about his recent thesis on racism in gaming that caused such a stir: "Rather than type it out I've summarized a section of my paper and will place it below. I used to freely distribute my thesis but after a string of misquotes and misinterpretations of my work I've stopped sending it out entirely. Interestingly, most of the 'hatemail' I get is based on someone reading a misinterpretation of my work because of a journalist and attacking me on something I didn't even say."

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Jagged Alliance 3D Jul 26, 2006, 16:12 Shadowcat

You once again are hired by ex-ruler of a 3d world country.
While that is sort of true in context, I do think they meant to say 3rd-world (or 'third-world', as it is far more commonly written).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Secret Files: Tunguska Jul 26, 2006, 14:51 Kxmode

RE: "We were looking for a theme that was hardly covered in games."

Usually this kind of stuff is fleshed out in great detail before production happens.

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_asylum_-_05-10-2006.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

1. No subject Jul 26, 2006, 10:18 the_culture

Hey Worthplaying, that publisher-distributed interview was not sent to you exclusively. It actually appeared on Adventure Island first back in June. http://www.adventure-island.nl/index.php?file=interviews/interviewsecretfilestunguska_nl

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo