Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Dungeon Siege II: Broken World

2K Games announces that the Broken World add-on for Dungeon Siege II is gold, and Gas Powered Games' action/RPG expansion is due in North American stores August 1:

-- Add-On To Critically Acclaimed RPG Dungeon Siege II ships to North American Retailers on August 1st --

New York, NY July 18, 2006 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), and Gas Powered Games, the renowned video game developer, today announced that Dungeon Siege II: Broken World for PC has gone gold and is off to manufacturing. The game will ship to North American retail stores on August 1st.

Dungeon Siege II: Broken World picks up right where Dungeon Siege II left off with an all new campaign that concludes the story and adds two new character classes, terrifying beasts and monsters, and a newly refined tactical battle sytem. Dungeon Siege II: Broken World will require the full version of Dungeon Siege II to play.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2006, 04:22 Tango

Please don't feed the trolls... it's obviously summer holidays from whatever special school he attends.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2006, 03:15 Awesome Spume

i have never seen americans in such denial

New here?

-------------------------------------------------
our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

22. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2006, 02:13 Kxmode

Why can't people stick to 0 - 100

Audience I guess. Some like the 5-star grading system. "Simple"

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_asylum_-_05-10-2006.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

21. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2006, 00:45 tron

Was this game any good? I remember reading it was "fair" at best.

it is a more polished and 'tighter' game than DS1. but because of that it leaves you feeling like it is on rails a lot of the time. despite that, it is a lot of fun. i'd rate it aaround 83/100, taking into consideration the type of game it is (heavy-action, low-RPG). i enjoyed playing through it, and i'll buy the expansion. it should arrive just as i finish off Titan Quest!

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 00:45.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

20. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2006, 00:40 Warhawk

I liked DSII. I thought the added depth in character customization was nice. I have the feeling if I picked it up again right now my wife would kill me....

I'll get it (expansion pack).

There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.

I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

19. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 22:34 HardCore

It was rated pretty high overall at gamerankings http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/914954.asp. Alot of sites do 4 out of 5 because they don't do decimals and can't give it a 85 or 90 and it doesn't deserve 5. Stupid rating systems. Why can't people stick to 0 - 100
This comment was edited on Jul 19, 22:38.

18. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 21:12 PropheT

I really liked it. It fixed most of the problems from the first game, and had a decent storyline for the type of game. It does look a bit dated though.

I think most reviews were average or above.

asrof : You basically point your party in the direction of the monsters and watch the AI kill it. It's impossible to actively play anything but a tank because your party always stays behind you so as a mage you take all the initial fire and get stomped.

I didn't find that to be the case at all. My first play through it I played a battle magic character, and just played it with an MMO strategy. Blast things to bring them in, the tank would beat them while I ran around blasting stuff.

Just letting your AI characters fight will absolutely not work in the later boss battles, or most other serious fights.

Not to mention every quest has you backtracking a billion times!

For some, but most are in cities that you can easily port to from anywhere in the world. In the larger towns it's a bit annoying, but I had fun with the quests.

I can see how some won't like the game, but my only real gripe with it was the dated graphics.

17. No subject Jul 19, 2006, 20:58 dryden555

Argh -- Did not like DS 1 or the add-on for it at all. No RPG depth and too easy.

16. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 20:44 FourPak

Dungeon Siege II: Broken World will require the full version of Dungeon Siege II to play.
arg!, no idea where my orig copy is after a year. maybe can pick up a new original from a bargin bin somewhere.

15. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 20:13 insomnioe

Yes, finally. I've had my stupid DS2 character saved on my computer for a year waiting for this.

14. No subject Jul 19, 2006, 20:01 the_culture

Haven't seen fredrickson trolling the boards for a while. Must have just gotten out of the mental ward...

Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 really polarizes gamers. Some hate it because they feel the game plays itself; others love it because of the easy-to-get-into action. I find it strange how so many people love Diablo 2 where it had you clicking repeatedly for hours and hours.

if you liked DS1 or DS2, Broken World should at the very least add to the experience, if not make it better. Though I remember there were little things about DS2 that bothered me, I had a lot of fun. I normally played with my character and one or maybe two companions, which made the game really fun.

13. No subject Jul 19, 2006, 20:00 manic half

i personally loved dungeon siege II so im looking forward to this. i think ill do what someone said earlier and build up a new character

----------------------------------------------------
"Women are not people - they are devices built by the lord Jesus Christ for our entertainment"
Peter Griffin, Family Guy

12. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 19:51 Kxmode

i have never seen americans in such denial

I've read your post history. How long have you been drinking paint thinner?

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_asylum_-_05-10-2006.mp3

11. Re: Sneaky.... Jul 19, 2006, 19:46 asrof

A lot of people really liked this game and I honestly have no idea why. You basically point your party in the direction of the monsters and watch the AI kill it. It's impossible to actively play anything but a tank because your party always stays behind you so as a mage you take all the initial fire and get stomped. Another thing I didn't like was getting useless low level set items 3/4 through the game. I know it's random but there could be a level range for the items.

Not to mention every quest has you backtracking a billion times! The quests just about drove me crazy, I told everyone I knew who insisted on playing the game to just ignore the sidequests if they could. They weren't fun or interesting, just tedious.

I am interested to see if they've really fixed the combat system, the old one was anything but "tactical."

10. No subject Jul 19, 2006, 19:46 nin

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 29, 21:09.

9. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 19:46 Kxmode

its hard to review a game when israel is bombing innocent american civilians

We know Israel/Hezbolla/whatever is bombing the hell out of each other. Quit crossposting on different threads. We get the point. (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=69156)

Let's talk games.

-----

8. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 19:44 ColoradoHoudini

sweet!!
DS2 was mucho fun.. this should be cool.

7. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 19:40 mittens

Dungeon Siege 2 was a great deal of fun, actually. I'm replaying it right now to get some characters worked up for the expansion. I can't even remember the last time I played through a single-player campaign.

6. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 19:38 the_culture

Was this game any good?

I really liked DS2. I know there are many who don't like it because they thought it was boring. But I thought Diablo II was horribly boring... to each his own.

5. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 19:36 MeatForce

Was this game any good? I remember reading it was "fair" at best

I'd agree with that. I really liked the first one, but I borrowed this one from a buddy and could barely bring myself to scratch the surface.. It just took itself a bit too seriously and wasn't quite good enough to pull it off, IMO.

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo