Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Prey

Take 2 Games announces the availability of Prey, Human Head's first-person shooter:

New York, NY - July 11, 2006 - 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), and 3D Realms today announced that the first-person shooter Prey is now available in stores across North America and will be available at stores in Europe on July 14. Developed by Human Head Studios and created and produced by 3D Realms, Prey is available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in both regular and Limited Collector's editions.

A groundbreaking first-person shooter, Prey raises the bar and turns the genre upside-down with awesome new gameplay features and next generation graphics. Breaking the traditional first-person shooter format, Prey introduces innovative gameplay elements including wall-walking, portals, spirit-walking and gravity flipping, making it one of the most anticipated games of 2006. Players can enhance the experience with multi-player options that include eight player deathmatch that will have both hearts and trigger fingers racing.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: Purchased CE; cannot install Jul 13, 2006, 20:13 moknows

I have the CD version (all 3 of them, sucks, but it's better than the 5or 6 needed for HL2).
I have also had the install error you 've posted, and cannot find any help anywhere. i'll be keeping my eyes and ears open for both of us

moknows@optonline.net

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. PREYing for a change! Jul 12, 2006, 00:03 MuzixMon

I've been playing this game for the last 3 hours and all I can say is... meh. It's not too bad but it certainly isn't suckin' me in like a epic game should. It's very gimmicky with the wall walking and spirit thing, sure it's different but it's not enough to make this totally enjoyable. It reminds me a little of Prince of Persia how when you enter a room you have to examine it a bit so you can figure out how to traverse it. The combat is pretty boring as well. So far, I'd give this game a 6.5 out of 10. That could definately change for the better if all of a sudden things really start getting exciting.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

47. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 23:58 Masa

Wow, I was kind of hoping this game would longer than most people are saying. Ah well.

46. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 22:28 Kenny

totally, i was really stoked about GRAW PC, but waited til i read the reviews. it got good and great reviews, and i did end up buying it. but i remember with, for example, lockdown, i'm glad i waited for the negative reviews...

45. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 22:20 The Truth

I got this game this morning and I'm already done

This is exactly why I no longer buy games on release date. I can wait a day, check out the reviews, and say what you like about the about "Quality experiance", but much like a pretty girl, if she cant go the distance then she either gets left on the side of I-17, or traded in.

Of course the biggest con is that you cant return games, why not?, i think the reasoning is that you might copy the game... yeah, that makes sense these days...

------
$1 tax for the national debt?

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

44. No subject Jul 11, 2006, 21:35 SamBeckett

"8 years to develop a 8 hour game. Sounds about right."

Wow... how much you think they will make?

8 million? How much hype does this game have? I hanvn't heard anything about it.

http://www.lazygirls.info

43. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 21:12 Kxmode

I got over this game when I played the demo. Don't get me wrong, it upped the anti on Duke Nukem features

Help me understand... anti as in "you are against" or ante as in "you are increasing your bet"?

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_asylum_-_05-10-2006.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

42. No subject Jul 11, 2006, 20:57 heroin

I got over this game when I played the demo. Don't get me wrong, it upped the anti on Duke Nukem features, it also feels a little like Shadow Warrior, it's got the 3D Realms cheese factor. The graphics look sort of like greased rubber. And for the swearing - the F word a couple of times doesn't make a game more mature, it only adds to the cheese level. Don't get me wrong, I say the F word like the word "I" or "the". Oh and the gravity? We've played Descent. Probably a good game for early teens, though - if they can get it.

41. Re: Too Short Jul 11, 2006, 20:49 Kxmode

What a waist of money. Sure it looked great but WTF 8h?!

8 years to develop a 8 hour game. Sounds about right.

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_asylum_-_05-10-2006.mp3

40. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 20:48 EMkaEL

Of course you only read in a warez forum that something special will happen after the credits but you only read those warez threads because you are not really interested in pirated copies.
dude.. I was reading it in a preview on some gamesite!
you can thank me later.
now stfu!
kthx.

39. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 20:47 Kxmode

Dude, you forgot:

OMG LOL I PIRAET G4MES SO I CAN B ALL COOL AND UNDARGROUND LIEK 50 CENTS OR 3MIENM AND MAH FREINDS TEHY ALL ENVY M3 CAUES IMA SO UB3R COOL LOL

Actually I think it's more like...

ZOMG LOLLLLLL eye p!r473 g4.\\3z. I b3 4ll k3wlz0rz and ub3r und4rgr0unDD li3k 50 c3n7$$ or 3m!enm and m4h fr!3nDzorz t3hy 4ll 3nvy m3 cuz im4 I r0x0rz! LOLLLLLL

/smack!

-----

38. No subject Jul 11, 2006, 20:30 Hump

I'd rather play a good 8-10 hour game that leaves me wanting more than a similarly hyped title that I never bother to finish even if its longer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please help me, won't you please help? Please?
http://tinyurl.com/phknc

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

37. Re: Too Short Jul 11, 2006, 20:24 Yosemite Sam

This is what I feared the game would be, short. Maybe I'll grab it when it is $20.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

36. not that long?? Jul 11, 2006, 20:20 Cheese

Considering im playing several games atm this will last me just fine. I never get to hooked on any title past the 10hour mark anyway, except for rFactor.

Nice game if you take your time.

currently playing rFactor, Spellforce2, TitanQuest ,Micromachines v4,Prey, Quake 4

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 20:27.

35. Re: Purchased CE; cannot install Jul 11, 2006, 20:18 Krovven

I'd have to say 10-12 ish hours, but I wasn't actively checking time, so I really couldn't say for sure.

Alamar you can look at your "played" time on the Load game screen for your last save.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Titan Quest, Prey, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Disciples 2.

34. Re: Purchased CE; cannot install Jul 11, 2006, 20:17 Krovven

If you bothered to look at which post I replied to, it was post 6 and 12, not post 20. He wasnt "joking" about being an asshole to the guy that may or may not have been playing a warez version.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Titan Quest, Prey, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Disciples 2.

33. Too Short Jul 11, 2006, 18:29 Fausticle

What a waist of money. Sure it looked great but WTF 8h?!

I getting really sick of FPS getting shorter and shorter ..I'm not buying another one until I find out first how long it takes!

And no I didn't rush

32. Re: Purchased CE; cannot install Jul 11, 2006, 18:10 Alamar

So, uhh, I know everyone is flaming those damn piraters, but is the full game any good? and how long is it?

I'd have to say 10-12 ish hours, but I wasn't actively checking time, so I really couldn't say for sure.

Edit: Forgot the good comment. The game is fun for the most part. They play around a lot with gravity and portals, making it seem kind of like a tech demo at times. The story/acting is decent... But like any FPS, if you're not going to bust out the hours playing MP, it's not worth $50 just for the SP campaign.

As for all the pirating bitching, especially to the first poster... This news post was on 07/11, but the game was available for play at 12:01 of 07/10... do the math...

New post was also at 9:45, which if started at 12:01 this morning, the game could still have been completed (depending on how you play : ).

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 18:17.

31. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 18:06 Jerykk

The only semi-justifiable excuse is if you "want to try before you buy," which I guess is fine if you actually wind up buying most of them.

That's not a semi-justifiable excuse, it's a completely justifiable excuse. Many games don't have demos or release demos long after the retail game is out. Other games have poor demos that do not represent the full game (like Hitman: Blood Money). The only way to get a good taste of the full game is to actually play it.

Now, what isn't justifiable is buying games before trying them. It's simply ludicrous. Would you buy a car without test driving it first? Or a television without watching it? Sure, you can rely on reviews/previews, but we all know how "reliable" those are.

Preorders are especially heinous. By preordering something, you are basically saying, "Well, here's my money. The game might suck but I guess it doesn't really matter since you have my money anyway." This is why publishers love preorders.

Now I'm sure some of you will say, "Whatever, games don't cost much so it's not like buying a crappy one will be a devastating loss." That's not the point. The point is to hold publishers responsible for what they put out. If you buy crappy games, you are supporting the further creation of crappy games. Look at the Sims. Every product, regardless of cost, should have to meet quality standards and games are no exception.

In conclusion, there are plenty of justifiable reasons to pirate games.

30. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 17:14 CJ_Parker

I don't see the appeal in pirating software/games unless you simply can't afford to buy any games or something obscure (like you bought the game but cracked your disc).

Sure, I can afford to buy as many games as I want now but that wasn't always the case. Granted my feelings on the subject were different about 10 years ago, but once highschool ended if I couldn't afford a game or didn't like Company X's pirate countermeasures I simply didn't play it or waited until it was bargain-binned.

I mean, fine if you're like 15 and can't afford it then I can see it (too young to have a real job, parents might not have money or don't want to waste it on games, etc). But beyond that, what's the point?

• Are you trying to make a statement? Then simply don't buy the game. Make a statement with your wallet (and maybe a blog).

• You really really want to play it? Wait until it becomes affordable or simple go without.

• You don't think it's worth the money? Then why is it worth your time to find it, download it, and set it up?

• The only semi-justifiable excuse is if you "want to try before you buy," which I guess is fine if you actually wind up buying most of them. But I know people that claim that, and they're full of it and I know for a fact they buy maybe 1-2 games a year and pirate the rest (playing it all the way though).

Dude, you forgot:

• OMG LOL I PIRAET G4MES SO I CAN B ALL COOL AND UNDARGROUND LIEK 50 CENTS OR 3MIENM AND MAH FREINDS TEHY ALL ENVY M3 CAUES IMA SO UB3R COOL LOL

• This comment was edited on Jul 11, 17:18.

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo