Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Quit Hating Jun 29, 2006, 23:58 nklnch

"Just sit back and enjoy the ride. The internet was designed specifically as a tool with which to flame from the safety of one's own home, or parent's home. Don't go crusading for peace and love here [the internet]...you'll just raise your blood pressure. "

Extremely well put!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Quit Hating Jun 29, 2006, 22:59 PropheT

Buy them used.
Or buy em from Fry's! They typically have the newest game on sale for 44.99 - 47.99.

Used is an option, but from what I've seen most are only going for $5 off or so. Definitely not paying $54.99 for a used game.
Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere near a Fry's. I'm kind of living in the middle of the Best Buy mothership, they're probably illegal in this state or something.

I'll likely buy one eventually once there's a killer app for the 360 like Mass Effect anyway.

Really guys, quit hating! If you love the 360 or the Wii or want to stick with your PC or PS2, great. But quit spinning rumors and flooding the Internet with these vicious hateful posts

I don't think anything anyone has said has been vicious or hateful, or even really close. People are being realistic; especially if cross-platform games start coming out between the 360 and PS3, it's a no-brainer which system is going to win out if one system is $200-$300 more and games are $10-$20 more each. The Gamecube isn't dead, but it's proved that you can't be a front line contender on in-house titles alone.

I want a PS3, more than a 360, because a) I love some of the games that are coming up on it, b) because I love my PS2 and hope the PS3 matches what I liked about it, and c) backwards compatibility means I don't have to give up the PS2 library I've built up.

I'm willing to put up the money for the system, even if it is high (and arguably over) priced. But I play a LOT of games; the cost of games means a lot to me since it means playing less of them without necessarily getting better games than before.

For people that don't game that much, the idea of buying a PS3 when this Christmas you could have both a 360 premium and a Wii for about the same price is going to be a no-brainer. For the hardcore the PC has proven that we'll deal with high system costs, but I'd speculate that the willingness to deal with that AND high game costs at the same time is pretty low.

13. Re: Quit Hating Jun 29, 2006, 21:52 Tigger

Jeez guys, quit hating on PS3!

LOL

A virgin.

You want to see some hating? Wait until Derek Smart shows up. He might even show up because his name was mentioned.

I hope the PS3 isn't so expensive. My wife has already taken over the 360 (Zuma has relegated me back to the Xbox and PS2).
--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Posted additional comments

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 22:04.

--
Tigger

12. Re: Quit Hating Jun 29, 2006, 20:01 nin

Besides, all this Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo stuff is great entertainment.

I swear, so far, this next gen battle has been far more entertaining than the last few...

You've got MS, first out of the gate, and looking positively sane when compared to...

Sony, who went from top dog with the ps2, to glue-sniffing nutjobs of the century with the ps3 to...

Nintendo, who may or may not do something totally wacky and unexpected...again.

I'd say all bets are off at this point...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.nin.com/
This comment was edited on Jun 29, 20:05.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Quit Hating Jun 29, 2006, 19:45 WebDemon

Pfft, Welcome to Blue's where making fun of Sony shooting itself in the foot and then putting said foot into mouth is a sport. Remember, if you own a PS3, you won't need a computer.

10. Re: Quit Hating Jun 29, 2006, 19:09 MachineMk2

Really guys, quit hating! If you love the 360 or the Wii or want to stick with your PC or PS2, great. But quit spinning rumors and flooding the Internet with these vicious hateful posts.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. The internet was designed specifically as a tool with which to flame from the safety of one's own home, or parent's home. Don't go crusading for peace and love here [the internet]...you'll just raise your blood pressure.

Besides, all this Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo stuff is great entertainment.

9. Quit Hating Jun 29, 2006, 18:57 nklnch

Jeez guys, quit hating on PS3!

They haven't even internally decided on the game price yet. Sure, I'll join in if they do set a ridiculously high price, but it's still a little early to start the lynch mob. Ease up! What's sad is, you really don't care about the cost of the game. You already have an intense hate for PS3 and are looking for ammo to attack with. If they did actually release the games at a reduced price, people like you wouldn't be happy, you would just play that down and find something else to hate about.

A PS3 game cancelled because of development cost? But if you read the full story, the game was only announced for the 360/PC to begin with and there is an update where the development company itself denies this story.

And a rumor that Microsoft is not dropping price because they are bundling HD-DVD? And the story clearly stresses that it's a flaky rumor based on a comment by an unknown reader of the blog.

Really guys, quit hating! If you love the 360 or the Wii or want to stick with your PC or PS2, great. But quit spinning rumors and flooding the Internet with these vicious hateful posts.

8. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2006, 17:27 Tumbler

Buy them used.

Or buy em from Fry's! They typically have the newest game on sale for 44.99 - 47.99.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

7. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2006, 17:09 CrimsonPaw

If they plan on making PS3 games $69 or even $79 each or more, they'll deservedly be laughed right off the shelves.
Sure smells like Neo-Geo in here. Gotta say that it's not the $59 games that have held me back from buying a 360, it's the $400 price tag. Call me a cheap-ass but I'd rather wait and save my $50 than spend it now.

And before anyone says anything, I KNOW the core system is $300, but it's the core system ...

~~Crim~~

6. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2006, 17:06 Tigger

I haven't bought a 360 yet simply because of the $59 tag on new games (especially when I can buy most of the same games for my PC for less with all the same features).

Buy them used.

--
Tigger

5. No subject Jun 29, 2006, 16:03 PropheT

I haven't bought a 360 yet simply because of the $59 tag on new games (especially when I can buy most of the same games for my PC for less with all the same features).

If they plan on making PS3 games $69 or even $79 each or more, they'll deservedly be laughed right off the shelves.

4. Re: Prey 360 pre-order Jun 29, 2006, 14:35 Tigger

Now Sony releases a ridiculously expensive console

I gotta say, that for these reason alone, I'm more excited about teh Wii then the PS3.

--
Tigger

3. Re: Prey 360 pre-order Jun 29, 2006, 12:24 S_DOG34

Did anyone really expect PS3 games to be under $69 at this point? Dev costs are enormous, blu-ray discs aren't cheap, Sony will rape developers with fees, and anybody who bought the system already agreed to plunk down $600. Of course the games are going to be expensive.

I don't even have the energy to make fun of Sony any more. I just cannot believe that they think their current strategy is a sound one. As has been said before, the reason the PS2 sells so well still is because it is dirt cheap and has tons of games for it. Now Sony releases a ridiculously expensive console (you're looking at $800 at least with the required bundles over the holidays) with few games. How/why is this going to work? Who are they catering to? What will they do to sell systems after the rich hardcore gamers buy out the first shipment?

Interesting times ahead my friends.

2. Prey 360 pre-order Jun 29, 2006, 12:02 Tumbler

This game has rental written all over it. I think i'll skip the pewter figurine and save my $60 and rent it from gamefly. I'm certain after I beat it the multiplayer side will hold my interest for about a week. Then poof, NEXT!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. An Xbox 360 for 85000 tickets!? Jun 29, 2006, 11:21 Tigger

From my days working for Namco, I know that most companies that have redemption tickets value them at about $0.01 each. I think the average is about 25-40 tickets for each $0.25 you spend, this is a reasonable assessment. You may get more tickets if are super good at a game or less tickets if you suck, but the latter is most often true.

This means that if D & B is offering an Xbox 360 for 85000 tickets, that means you can expect to pay somewhere WAY OVER the list price of $299 - $399.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 11:23.
Edit: Fixed my poor spelling
Edit: And then fixed my tags
This comment was edited on Jun 29, 11:24.

--
Tigger

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo