Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Titan Quest

Explore and Save Ancient Worlds! Titan Quest is Now Available for Windows (thanks Frans) has word that Iron Lore's action/RPG is arriving in stores around the world:

AGOURA HILLS, Calif., June 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI - News) today announced that Titan Quest(TM), the epic and immersive action Role-Playing Game (RPG) developed by Brian Sullivan's (co-creator of Age of Empires) Iron Lore Entertainment, has shipped to retail outlets worldwide. Lauded for its next-generation graphics and original story penned by Braveheart screenwriter Randall Wallace, Titan Quest is available exclusively for Windows PC at a suggested retail price of $49.99.

"As huge fans of the action RPG genre, there was no question as to what Iron Lore's first project as a team would be," said Brian Sullivan, lead designer and president, Iron Lore Entertainment. "We are thrilled that after four years in development, our vision of the ultimate RPG experience is now releasing worldwide."

"Our goal with all new properties is to innovate and raise the bar for the hardcore gamer and the team at Iron Lore has really delivered with Titan Quest," said Steve Dauterman, senior vice president, product development, THQ. "Gamers looking for fast action, hack and slash, addictive gameplay can find it here in the most graphically impressive game in the genre."

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

21. No subject Jun 27, 2006, 16:48 PropheT

Been really excited for this one, but it didn't come in at the local shop today... have to wait for tomorrow on it.

Grabbing 2 copies of it to play through with my wife, so should be a good fit for a long holiday weekend.

Not sure about that IGN review, either; it's apparent even from playing to the end of the demo that drops are scaling as you go through it. Sure, you might get lucky and get something good early on, but I haven't played through even the demo yet without finding better things at the end of it than the beginning. I find it hard to believe that the retail version would be different than that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: COOP Jun 27, 2006, 15:40 waxthirteen

On my LCD, the demo was very blurry. Not really the game's fault, but it made it a bit unpleasant to play.

may be a noob question to ask, but i'm not sure of your computer know-how... anyway, you sure you have the game set to your monitors preferred resolution? lcd's are capable of displaying lower resolutions, but only look real good on one that's set at the factory. again, sorry if that's a huge "duh" but someone like my dad plays games on his laptop and he still doesn't understand that concept

19. Re: COOP Jun 27, 2006, 15:36 Sepharo

Both

18. COOP Jun 27, 2006, 15:23 venomhed

How is the Coop/Multiplaye handled? This online through GameSpy or direct to IP?

Thanks

17. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 15:22 Sepharo

Yeah that sounds totally incorrect Beamer. The item system is VERY Diablo 2. And finding rare/epic/legendary items seems much harder than in Diablo 2 so that statment about the first 5 minutes can't be farther from the truth.

I really like the game a lot but of course it doesn't have that Blizzard polish.

Asrof I think you may have rolled a broken character. With my weapons and skills my character can 1 hit kill mobs two levels higher than him.

16. Re: Coop? Jun 27, 2006, 14:40 Undocumented Alien

COOP for supposively up to 6 people.

15. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 14:38 Halsy

Wow, they hired a screenwriter to write "there are monsters attacking the town, PLEASE TO HELP US!"

It's considerably more involved than that. For those of us who enjoy ancient mythology the writing of Wallace is an added boon.

Bring on Tit Quest!

"This is the kind of place God would go to if He had to stop doing blow."
- Peter Griffin

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

14. Coop? Jun 27, 2006, 14:24 venomhed

So it has Coop? This made Diablo 2 very fun with my girly all the way to the end. I will give this a downlo.... er try.

13. Prey Jun 27, 2006, 14:12 Flo

Guess I'll save my money for Prey...  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

12. Re: There you go Creston. Jun 27, 2006, 13:35 Semantics

On my LCD, the demo was very blurry. Not really the game's fault, but it made it a bit unpleasant to play. Plus, I played Dungeon Siege 2 in the last year, so I have my fill of Diablo clones for the moment.

11. No subject Jun 27, 2006, 13:32 strich

The Gamespot review was pretty decent. I just bought two copies to pick up this afternoon. I've heard it's a resource hog, but D2 was one of my all time favs, so i doubt i'll be disappointed in this one. woot!

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

10. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 12:50 Malakai

I have some weird performance issues as well as occassional crashes

Frustrating with crashes? Hell i can't even load a save game for some reason. The game just keeps on crashing whenever i try and load one. Oh and there's no fucking way in hell i'm going to attempt to play the game all the way through without a break. I do have a social life... well part of one anyway... enough that i don't sit infront of the computer playing games all day

9. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 11:56 asrof

Wow, they hired a screenwriter to write "there are monsters attacking the town, PLEASE TO HELP US!"

It's pretty decent I guess, maybe I chose 'bad' skill trees but its taking forever to get anything powerful or fun. I was gonna give up on it until I got a couple green weapons to help me actually kill normal monsters without needing a potion. But other people complain the game is too easy with their character and they never use potions, so I guess balance is an issue (or they just got better loot.)

I have some weird performance issues as well as occassional crashes, it gets frustrating when you load up a bunch of enemies and your FPS drops and suddenly you get killed.

8. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 11:56 Undocumented Alien

The demo is good enough for me to shell out my hard eaarned cash for TQ. It is the closest to D2 that I have seen to date, and I like the locations that your avatar will explore.

The game will also come with a WorldBuilder editor so the Modding community will be able to create new areas to explore after the original game is over.

And finally, COOP!!!!!!

7. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 11:36 mittens

That's pretty contrary to the review I read, but the review I read was IGN, so...

Yeah, well, IGN are idiots. I'm playing the thing right now and the item system seems very well done. True, if you stay in any one area for too long then you'll start getting some really low-level stuff, but as long as you proceed at roughly the pace that the game asks for, you should be relatively happy.

My biggest gripe about the game? Where the hell is my Diablo 2 blood/gore?

6. re Jun 27, 2006, 11:36 Zawath

Well the IGN reviewer was pretty clueless. He didn't even mention that the game world changes when you play on higher difficulty levels which increases the replay value.

5. There you go Creston. Jun 27, 2006, 11:26 Of Rock Star Fame

So far the reviews seem so-so. I will wait for Creston's long-winded and rambling impressions.

4. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 11:21 Beamer

That's pretty contrary to the review I read, but the review I read was IGN, so...

-------------
Doomriders: the first new band worth a signature - http://www.deathwishinc.com/

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 11:02 mittens

It may not take the level into account, but it does take the area you're in as a "guiding mark" for your progress. Going from one area to the next will result in a far stronger, wider variety of drops from chests/enemies.

And getting the most "important items" in the first five minutes is just a dirty, dirty lie.

I'm a gear whore, and this game delivers in terms of items. My "big" problem is that none of the items seem to glow or drop sparks (like Sacred/Dungeon Siege; not sure if Diablo did it) or anything nifty like that.
This comment was edited on Jun 27, 11:05.

2. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 10:54 Beamer

Meh.

The item system is what made Diablo interesting to me.
From what I've read, this one fails to properly replicate it.

From what I've read, you can get the most important items in the first five minutes of the game if you're very lucky. And you keep getting the most useless throughout. The game doesn't take your level into account when determining what you get.

-------------
Doomriders: the first new band worth a signature - http://www.deathwishinc.com/

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..