Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New NVIDIA ForceWare Drivers

New NVIDIA WinXP/2k 32-bit version 91.31 ForceWare reference drivers are now available (thanks DG). The release notes outline what's changed.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2006, 14:38 MeatForce

They are not. It is the new style for control panels in Windows Vista. They just are trying to make it fit wih Vista and let people get use to it.

WTF?? How depressing. That control panel has to be one of the least enjoyable control panel experiences of my entire life; turned it off within seconds.

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2006, 13:33 wtf_man

They are not. It is the new style for control panels in Windows Vista. They just are trying to make it fit wih Vista and let people get use to it.

Fuck Vista.
Started messing with Linux Distros 2 years ago. As of a month ago, I pretty much don't boot windows at all. I'll keep it around for gaming... but once games go "Vista Only" (Which will be a couple years after it launches)... I'm done buying PC Games. (Which is fine because I have a big enough collection, anyway)

MS can take their new over-bloated, intrusive infested (And I'm not just talking DRM), overpriced OS and shove it.

Anyway... ATI control panel is shit because of the .NET bloat... looks like nVidia is heading in the same direction.

Sad Day.

9. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2006, 12:47 vacs

This thing looks like it's trying to compete with the ATI panel.

No, if it was meant to compete with ATI's CCC, the new nvidia control panel would be slow, unresponsive, sluggish and using tons of memory.

8. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2006, 11:20 Enahs

Did you know that 1 lb of yummy delicious ripe strawberries only has 146 calories,36g carbs, 9g fiber,3g protein,1g fat and 475% daily Vit.C? 1 Snickers bar has 280 calories,35g carbs,14g fat.Eat strawberries!
http://www.frappr.com/bluesnewsmembers

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

7. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2006, 10:35 StaTik

There is a setting in the file menu to revert to "classic panel". Change back to classic and apply coolbits you will then have the refresh rate screen again.

6. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2006, 09:43 Marvin T. Martian

A simple fix for the balloon sli message
http://tinyurl.com/gfll8
which says
"Please download the the file "sliballoon.reg" located below in the File Attachments section. Once you have downloaded it to your computer, run the file to add the information to your registry. Once this has been added, you will no longer receive this message each time you boot into Windows."

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 09:44.

5. refresh Jun 24, 2006, 05:12 DG

how'd you get the refresh rate lock with the new-ish control panel? I used coolbits before, all I can see with these is "change resolution attributes" which doesnt seem to be working during the Prey demo, which flickers at 60hz.

edit: nvm, found ReForce.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 08:22.

4. DVD playback bug Jun 24, 2006, 01:41 Wookiestick

I had a system crash and reboot using these new nvidia drivers if I ran PowerDVD 7 on WinXP. I had to downgrade to the 84.xx drivers to get it working again. And that "you have no SLI" message box is completely annoying too. I think I'll wait till another major release before I try these drivers out. Too buggy.

Love thy wookie.

3. Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 22:44 sc4r4b

I'm still using the 77.77 drivers. BF2 runs like shit if I don't.

2. Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 20:45 MeatForce

They're WHQL certified.. I think this press release means they're no longer beta.

Apparently they still have that BS bug where their silly control panel keeps telling me my [non-existant] SLI setup has been disabled because my second card was removed

This is not a good way to coerce me into going SLI, nVidia..

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

1. No subject Jun 23, 2006, 20:37 Bill Borre

Shouldn't this press release mention these are BETA drivers? Or is the BETA classification on drivers a non-issue?

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo