Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patch

A new update is now automatically available for World of Warcraft, bringing Blizzard's hit MMORPG to version 1.11.0. The new version adds the Naxxramas 40-player raid dungeon, along with a variety of other additions and changes, all detailed in the patch notes. The US/Australian English patch is also available for those having difficulties with the auto-update, the patch can be downloaded from 3D Gamers, ActionTrip, Computer Games, FileFront, FilePlanet (registration required), FileNuts, FileShack, Gamer's Hell, VGPRO, and Worthplaying.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2006, 13:23 nin

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2006, 12:37 Acragas

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I play on what was once one if the highest population servers (feathermoon) and have not had to wait at all in quite some time. A few weeks ago there was a solid effort to increase capacity/balance population, and it seems to have been successful.

16. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 21:35 Frijoles

Oh well; my account expires on the 25th and then I'll totally be done with the game.

I was totally done with the game about two months ago, but now I'm looking at returning. I also hated the end-game, as well as waiting upwards of 30 minutes to login to the game at night (kinda sucks when you only have an hour to play).

Nonetheless, I've started to miss it again, so I'll probably be returning soon.

15. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 20:55 Undead Scottsman

Man, I wish I didn't hate the endgame so much; Blizzard just keeps adding cooler and cooler stuff.

Oh well; my account expires on the 25th and then I'll totally be done with the game.

14. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 20:04 Horde4Life

Agree, the next patch does look great - it will obviously shorten the BG queue times. What I will miss though is the guild rivalries that have popped up.

World PVP is welcome too.

The game just keeps getting better.

-----------------------------

$OE - they put the FU in fun!
==Boycott EA==

13. No subject Jun 20, 2006, 18:40 f13

the upcoming 1.12 patch seems quite hot! http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

oh, and i'd love to see a 2-player mount ride!
This comment was edited on Jun 20, 18:41.

12. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 18:19 Xenopulse

You know Shattered Galaxy, that strategy game where you can buy/build a few units, then jump into an RTS battle based on that big map with two sides, and you can win territories for your side?

I want that game, but in Starcraft. Or, in other words, a MMORPG where I can play a Starcraft unit and actually make a difference in the war between the three factions.

11. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 18:01 Talisorn

It probably a matter of taste, but I much prefer the cartoony graphics to the something more realistic. I find, it gives that old "Saturday Morning cartoon" look ... like an old pair of pyjamas and lying on the sofa watching the tube. Comfy.

And to top it off, when my nephew comes over to visit, I can whip out my old 1.3Mhz/TI4200 PC and ... it runs fine!

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 18:06.

10. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:49 Horde4Life

I have LOVED every single game Blizz has put out starting with Warcraft II. And I just don't get the feeling that they try to fvck their customers like $OE. I tried picking up EQ2 a few weeks back - but they only allow 5 chars per account??!?!?! And you need to pay more money to have more chars??!?!? Blizz allows like what? 9 chars per server times a gajillion servers? You could have 100's of hundreds of chars and never pay an extra nickel. And don't even get me started on $OEs /pizza command or charging for adv packs and expansion packs every 2 mos.

Yeah, I'm a Blizz fanboy and I feel that they have earned my loyalty.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 17:49.

9. No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:45 Xero

Yeah I read in recent interviews conducted at E3 and one way before that, the Blizz team is taking into account that they will soon or near future update the game with a huge graphic enhancement to take advantage of newer hardware. They are fully aware that the game will outdate it's self based on the graphics eventually. At least they won't rush out a game just based on the graphics and leave the content to shit such as EQ2.

Face your Fears, Live your Dreams, No Fear -Manny Pacquiao

Currently playing: Skyrim

8. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:42 Horde4Life

MindTrigger - I know I wasn't arguing with you, I was just making a point. It can be a very blocky looking game.

I'm running an ATI 1900 XTX card, with a 24" DELL widescreen flat panel - some games cannot run at this rez without some problems. WoW is a smooth as buttah. And WoW offers fantastic widescreen support, my native rez is 1920x1200. I can crank up every visual detail without any problems.

7. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:38 MindTrigger

Damn, I hope the servers are back up when I get home in a couple hours. It's my gaming night

-----
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"This is Red 5, I'm going in."
Spam: Gamers over 25 unite! www.2old2play.com

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

6. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:35 ColoradoHoudini

i rather enjoy the WoW look vs Guild Wars.. I found guild wars to have beautiful backgrounds.. that i couldn't explore, and the characters looked very plain compared to my epic Shaman (for an example)
then places like AV/AQ40/STV and Feralas when it's raining.. and i think WoW is beautiful.
taking into account i'm playing at 1600x1200 with super high details on a 24inch monitor (my one time to gloat..let me)

i downloaded the patch, installed it.. but can't connect to my server (Azgalor)...sigh.

this picture was taken about 3 months ago.. not even full details (but high res), and it still looks damn good to me

http://www.derricksfiles.com/fark/newmonitor.jpg
(warning.. 1meg pic)

I never saw any characters in Guild Wars that looked this good at any point

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 17:42.

5. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:34 MindTrigger

Yeah, thew graphics are in no way ugly, and they certainly aren't a deal breaker given how much fun it is, and how well it was made. I'm only a level 17 nub, so I have a lot more cool things to see.

I didn't know that about the expansion adding polys, that is good news. I have 2x SLI 7900 GTXs, and this game doesn't even get the first card warm

-----

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

4. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:20 Horde4Life

You gotta remember; the reason why Blizz has over 6 million members is because this game will run on most systems due to those cartoony graphics. It is true to Warcraft.

I have a pretty fast pc with a cutting edge video card and EQ2 brought it to its knees. Just goes to show you that graphics aren't everything.

Also, the new expansion will provide 20% more polygons.

3. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:15 MindTrigger

I have to admit it man. A friend of mine convinced me to get the hell out of Star Wars Galaxies and go try WoW. I chose the Hunter class and then went with Herbalist/Alchemist as my professions. Before SOE hosed the game with the NGE, I was a Ranger there, so the concept of both professions is generally the same for me. In real life I'm an avid outdoorsman, so it's fun to have this available in games.

I'm having a damn good time in WoW. It's still too over-the-top cartoony for me, so I don't know if I will stay long if a good game comes out that allows some actual immersion. Still, I would be a liar if I said the game was not fun and very polished. SWG NEVER had this level of polish at any time in the past 3 years since it released.

Now if someone would make me a sci-fi mmo of this quality, I'd be in heaven. If WoW's graphics were a little more in the direction of Guild Wars as far as visual quality, this game would be insane.

-----
This comment was edited on Jun 20, 17:35.

--

2. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:10 JamieSI

I've got this mirrored at Strategy Informer too http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/worldofwarcraft/patch/7470.html

1. No subject Jun 20, 2006, 16:42 f13

this game is da bomb!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo