Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NecroVisioN Unveiled

The Farm 51 Website has a vague tease of their next project, referencing "a first person action horror game using highly enhanced Painkiller technology." Now PR manager Jakub Oszczepaliński sends along the revelation that the title of this game is NecroVisioN, saying "Iím sure that this will be one of the best next-gen shooters coming in 2006." Here's what they are revealing at this point:

The year is 1916. Young American joins UK Army to survive the adventure of his life and soon realizes that greater evil is hiding beneath the Great War storm. He has to face the underground world of vampires, demons, evil genius creatures and even became one of the demons to rescue the human and vampire kind from forces of darkness.

NecroVisioN is a next-gen First Person Shooter that starts in the rage battlefields of World Word I and leads player to much darker and brutal underground world of vampires and demons.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Everyone's neg. comments Jun 21, 2006, 11:00 Renron

If some here had actually researched this game (even a little) you would know it is not a WW1 shooter. It is a FPS/horror game. Yes, much like Undying, (loved it) Hey, they HAD werewolves! This game looks to be the Next-gen of PainKiller. Probably not the next-gen in graphics. If you like FPSers, and have not played Painkiller yet, accept the outdated graphics and you'll like the game. My favorite weapon was the "Painkiller's" spinning meat grinder/grabber.
English is their 2nd or 3rd language, so give'em a break on spelling and grammer. How many of you speak Polish or Czech?
Trite plot and theme??? How many other world adventure/RPG are there? How many earthly "take overs" by monsters??? HL2 comes to mind. Trite? Perhaps, but Who CARES!!! I anxiously await its release. I LIKED the name too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: ... Jun 10, 2006, 17:42 Awesome Spume

I wouldn't be surprised if I never heard about this game again.

Particularly if someone poured molten lead in your ears.

-------------------------------------------------
our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

9. ... Jun 10, 2006, 12:28 theyarecomingforyou

Awful name, awful theme. WWI is an under-exploited resource but vampires and demons certainly are not. I wouldn't be surprised if I never heard about this game again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emotinomicon: Emoticons of the Dead

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2006, 11:39 Jaenos

We are really running out of ideas for games and the names that go with it...

7. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2006, 10:38 The Truth

Heh i got kinda excited by the press release, "World Word 1" sounded like some cool twisted future war of the language type of thing..

Apparently tho no one bothered to run a spell check...

------
$1 tax for the national debt?

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

6. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2006, 07:40 seenitall

ooo "next-gen"

that means by the time it comes out it will be "gen"

or "previous-gen"

5. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2006, 03:47 Shadowcat

I guess they want to avoid disappointment at a trite plot twist by ensuring that it doesn't come as a surprise. I'm not sure how that helps their cause overall, but hey.

I'll give any game the benefit of the doubt, but that could definitely have been better-written. "Evil genius creatures", eh?

Oh, and Blue: is it actually worth mentioning that their PR Manager thinks it will be great?!

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 03:52.

4. Re: hmmm..... Jun 10, 2006, 03:45 Sepharo

Gas Mask wearin' trench warfare kicks ass... This game sounds like it will actually be *gasp* interesting!

3. No subject Jun 10, 2006, 01:32 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

What, no werewolves?

2. hmmm..... Jun 9, 2006, 22:50 Dreagon

ON the upside, it's apparently a WWI shooter. This is a setting that has always been waiting for a way for somebody to exploit effectively.

On the downside....
and even became one of the demons to rescue the human and vampire kind from forces of darkness.

Gak! That's been done, and it was trite all the other times too.

------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

1. No subject Jun 9, 2006, 22:34 Elf Shot The Food

Sounds like a prequel to Undying or something.

Some screenshots: http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=10615

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 22:35.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo