Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RF Online Trial

RF Online 10-day free trial promotion now available (thanks Frans) has details on a free 10-day trial for Codemasters' MMORPG. Signing up requires a FilePlanet registration.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. No subject Jun 1, 2006, 10:55 Lubey

Yeah Dragon Empires had some interesting ideas and its a shame it was scrapped. I guess they just couldnt deliver on their intended feature list, going by the reason it was cancelled.

RF Online really isnt worth bothering with. The only redeeming feature is the massive size of the PVP battles and the surprisingly little amount of lag during them (dont know this first hand as ive never played, but ive heard this from friends who have played, and seen it in videos). Other than that it was like every other identikit Asian MMO.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: oh sweet Jun 1, 2006, 06:48 Swerv

As much as I hate these asian grindfests and Codemasters for dropping Dragon Empires and instead turn to just importing crap I tried to try it.

Unfortunately after the pain of waiting in line at the fileplanet servers and installing, the patch program kept hanging when I was trying to update the game. So I was saved from my own morbid curiosity.

Codemasters have failed at their own attempt at an MMO and after reading RF's message boards they can't seem to even localise a game properly before releasing it.
This comment was edited on Jun 1, 06:52.

5. oh sweet May 31, 2006, 17:41 dubfanatic

yeah I'll sign up for FilePlanet so I can play another boring Asian sweat-shop MMORPG. Thank you Codemasters for giving me such great fun games to play. Also Codemasters, please keep working on importing these games instead of helping out Operation Flashpoint 2. These are WAY more fun than OpFlash could EVER be.

4. Re: Was really looking forward to this May 31, 2006, 15:10 DedEye

I read a review on this game in Computer games mag. Sounds like the ultimate grinding machine.

3. Re: Was really looking forward to this May 31, 2006, 14:04 ToddMcF2002

Rising Force.

Have you seen the mining? Must be seen to be believed.

LOL

2. Re: Was really looking forward to this May 31, 2006, 13:05 PHJF

Am I supposed to know what RF stands for?

------
"I have a grave announcement. Anyone with a weak heart had better leave now. Goodbye."

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Was really looking forward to this May 31, 2006, 13:02 Lorcin

Unfortunatly it was a big let down. Point and click character movement and the worst in game font for many years strike you as soon as you log in - and it doesn't get better.

BTW I didn't need a fileplanet subscription - just an IGN screename but that was a week ago - maybe they changed it.

Vegetarian Logic: We'll save animals by eating their food

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo