Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Longest Journey Patch

The Longest Journey Website now offers a new patch for FunCom's adventure game (thanks Frans). The new version 157 addresses a problem that caused the game to crash at the altar in chapter seven.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2006, 04:04 Quinnsy

I don't know if any of you will even read this, but first of all I just recently bought DreamFall: the longest journey. and I am a bit surprised by some of the comments I see here. When I actually opened my new purchase I didn't have the 2-cd or the 4-cd.. It was a 6 cd game. I don't know if it's the same game yall are talking about... At any rate, considering that I read that this game came out in April of 06, it's still a new game, so it doesn't suprise me that they are still putting out patches for it. Considering that Diablo 2 Expansion and Neverwinter Nights are older games and they are still putting out patches for those 2 games alone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 21:34 Bet

I also think the latest nvidia beta drivers cause wierd blurry artifacts where the mouse has been.

Unfortunately, anti-aliasing with an nVidia card in The Longest Journey causes those blurry artifacts under the cursor. It's a shame, because the game looks sooooo much better with AA on. Force AA/AF off for TLJ and it'll play fine. Still pretty, just 2000-era pretty.

Edit: Oh, and I read somewhere that the only reason why FunCom doesn't release the patches for both the 2- and 4-CD versions is that the 4-CD versions aren't suffering the same bugs. Something about the compression introduced bugs that weren't there before. All but that Police Station fix, that is.
This comment was edited on May 30, 21:36.

15. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 20:33 vacs

I'm confused. I also have the 4CD ediition, so firstly I'm confused that a 2CD version even exists?! Did they cut the quality of the speech/videos?

The 4CD version included all the voices and musictracks in an uncompressed format. The 2CD version features the same content but all the speechfiles are now compressed by factor 10.

I'm also an owner of the 4CD version and I must say that this was one of the very few games which I played through without experiencing any bugs.

This comment was edited on May 30, 20:36.

14. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 19:28 MeatForce

Not sure, but it's still easy to find in stores. But I'm quite well into Dreamfall by now (really enjoying it, too), and there's been no real reason to have played the first one so far... of course, it'll enhance the experience greatly, but I doubt you'll spend much time feeling jilted. They've been pretty good in that regard so far..

That said, the first one is a true classic, so it's hardly like I'm recommending you don't play it. Just sayin'..

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

13. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 18:03 mag

There's a fix for the police station bug in your install directory under station_fix. I was having the same issue on Windows XP and that fixed it. Otherwise the game ran flawlessly so long as AA was turned off.

Dude! You rule! Thanks!

12. No subject May 30, 2006, 17:58 Scorchy

Wow, isn't this game like 6 years old? :O

I really enjoyed Dreamfall, it's kind of sad though

11. No subject May 30, 2006, 17:54 Shai

is there anywhere to buy this game online where it is downloadable or will i have to order it? (just got dreamfall and i am thinking maybe ill play #1 first)

10. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 17:51 David

There's a fix for the police station bug in your install directory under station_fix. I was having the same issue on Windows XP and that fixed it. Otherwise the game ran flawlessly so long as AA was turned off.

9. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 16:45 General Ego

4CD Edition (German), played through it on Win2k-SP4 recently, ran just fine, no crash, no other problems.

But it's nice to see they support games that old, other companies just tell you to fvck off if you're trying to play their older games on newer platforms...

{ There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt }

|[ Jesus is coming. Look busy! ]|

8. No subject May 30, 2006, 16:33 TomeOne

I recently acquired the special edition dvd and it suddenly crashes to the desktop now and then. I also think the latest nvidia beta drivers cause wierd blurry artifacts where the mouse has been.

Yeah.

7. No subject May 30, 2006, 16:28 mag

I have the 4CD version and it crashes all the time on Win2k, even using compatibility mode. Right now it crashes to desktop with no error every time I try to enter the police station. Sigh.

6. No subject May 30, 2006, 16:05 Shadowcat

I'm confused. I also have the 4CD ediition, so firstly I'm confused that a 2CD version even exists?! Did they cut the quality of the speech/videos?

I'm then confused that the new patch works on the DVD version, as that kinda implies that the DVD version is the same quality as the 2CD version, despite the fact that 4 CDs of data fits easily onto even a single-layer DVD.

Anyone know what's going on?

5. No subject May 30, 2006, 14:23 War

Hmmm, GameSpot and FilePlanet are both mislabeling this as a DreamFall patch. I guess they can't believe there's a new TLJ patch out either.

4. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 13:58 Parallax Abstraction

Holy freakin' crap! Impressive that tehy're still relasing patches for a game this old now, especially when the sequel just hit shelves. Unfortunate it doesn't work with every version (I am one of the 4CD owners), but it's still impressive that this happened at all.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

3. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 13:41 Fantaz

What prompts you to do that? I was able to finish the 4CD version of the game easily without any issues using WinXP compatibility settings. If you're having this bug just try hitting ESC.

2. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 12:45 wMute

I am an owner of the 4CD version and this prompts me to just download a pirated version of the 2CD/1DVD game.

1. No subject May 30, 2006, 12:18 War

This only works on the 2CD/1DVD version. Those with me with the original first edition 4CD version are screwed. That's not the way to do things, Funcom.

(Although admittedly that version isn't exactly buggy... :o)

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo