Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hitman: Blood Money Demo

As promised (story), the playable demo for Hitman: Blood Money is now available, offering the chance to deal out some death in IO Interactive's assassination sequel without parting with any of your own blood money. Word is: "Death of a Showman is the first level of the game and provides both newbies and long-time Hitman fans a refresher course in the mechanics of being the world’s deadliest contract killer while tracking your target through a dilapidated theme park turned drug lab. Get a sneak peak at the incredible new graphic engine, ultra-realistic AI, and try out a few of Agent 47’s new moves." The download debuted on GameSpot (registration required) and Download.com and mirrors can be found on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, 4players.de, Computer Games, eXtreme Players, Gamer's Hell, VGPRO, and Worthplaying.

View
83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

83. Re: I Think It's a Rubbish Demo May 26, 2006, 00:59 Beamer

I'd like to start a list of people whose opinions are better than venomheds.

I'll start with my name.
I'll add most of this thread, by default.

-------------
Doomriders: the first new band worth a signature - http://www.deathwishinc.com/

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

82. Re: I Think It's a Rubbish Demo May 25, 2006, 07:51 Ecthelion

And no tha white text ends after the first [shitty] training level. The game gets much more varied, practically infinte ways to play, huge levels with tons of different paths. Not the shooter on rails that is the first level anymore.
That's great to hear. Although I didn't really question that since I've been very happy with every previous entry in the Hitman series.

81. Re: I Think It's a Rubbish Demo May 24, 2006, 17:27 Sepharo

I've beat the game and gone back to missions and done them over... Never crashed once and really haven't noticed any bugs either.

The keys are greta compared to the other hitman games where you had to scroll through a list of actions brought up by only one key. The keys are very FPS/Counter-Strike oriented, which I like because since HL1 many companies have been very consistant in using the same keys.

E is usually activate, CTRL is usually crouch or sneak, R is reload, G (sometimes V) is drop, and in games without a jump spacebar is also an activate. So having E, SPACE and G bound the way they are just makes sense.

And no tha white text ends after the first [shitty] training level. The game gets much more varied, practically infinte ways to play, huge levels with tons of different paths. Not the shooter on rails that is the first level anymore.

This comment was edited on May 24, 17:28.

80. Re: I Think It's a Rubbish Demo May 24, 2006, 11:43 Malakai

plus you get big white text telling you what to do next

It's a training level. How many training levels do you know that dont have "press this button, do this" etc etc? I dont know of any. It would suprise me if the text carried on in later levels. I know if the training level didn't have the text telling you what to press/do people would still whine saying "i cant understand the controls".

sometimes action is G, sometimes E, other times it's spacebar WTF

I think of it in that E is the left hand, spacebar is right hand and G is drop. Plus you have to realise that on a console those buttons are probably right next to each other.

All i know is that this is probably the best iteration of Hitman they've done. Purely due to the freedom of choice given to you to do a mission.

This comment was edited on May 24, 11:44.

79. Re: No subject May 24, 2006, 07:51 Ecthelion

I'll probably end up training the game in order to allow unlimited saves, but I still don't like it. I should be allowed the option to save whenever I want if the game is going to allow me to save in the first place.
Didn't the easiest difficulty level in Hitman 2 and 3 have unlimited saves? If I'm remembering that correctly, I would expect the same to be true of Blood Money.

78. Re: torrent May 23, 2006, 21:52 hiya

Thanks for the torrent link, my connections been buggy so have come back from work with the dl half done twice now, frustrating. Fortunately the torrent picked up right where my previous attempt left off. Sweet!

77. Re: I Think It's a Rubbish Demo May 23, 2006, 21:26 Jim

I thought getting silent assassin was easy
http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sa6zg.jpg

76. I Think It's a Rubbish Demo May 23, 2006, 19:03 Pandy

Buggy as hell: Crashed on me 3 times in different places - and this is on a stable PC which very rarely crashes.

After equiping the binoculars indoors I couldn't unequip them - or even quit - had to ctrl alt delete.

Also - could they dumb the game down anymore? (I know it's a training level but come on!!). All the climbing and jumping actions are automatic - plus you get big white text telling you what to do next - even which button to press. Where's the fun in that? - where's the exploration and discovery - where's the fun?

And could they make the keys any more complex - sometimes action is G, sometimes E, other times it's spacebar WTF? Maybe it's just as well they tell you what to press.

This game sucks - I'm Audi!!

This comment was edited on May 23, 19:04.

75. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 18:56 sponge

But that's something specifically put in the gameplay, outside of the world in order to add skill. I like playing around with my games, it's either put up with really stupid AI, and a rediculous easy game just to try different things, or play at the normal skill and have to play through the level again everytime I want to try something different.

I'll probably end up training the game in order to allow unlimited saves, but I still don't like it. I should be allowed the option to save whenever I want if the game is going to allow me to save in the first place.

74. Re: Joy and Rapture May 23, 2006, 15:13 Ecthelion

I do kind of wish they included at least one other level so you could try it out unchained to the tutorial. The first level felt *way* too much on rails, although there were multiple aspects if you dug through the level a little, they weren't anywhere near as varied or readily apparent as the Silent Assassin demo. Hopefully this is just a symptom of the tutorial level.
I liked the demo too, and it did feel like it was on rails. I'm looking forward to the full game and more open-ended levels (in a week!). I've loved all of the Hitman games so far, and this doesn't look like an exception. For me, it's 40 bucks well spent.

All in all, they're sticking to what works, with more tuning and refining to add depth without changing the gameplay dramatically. The story looks like it'll be a lot tighter than SA (I'm in the minority that thought Contracts had a good story), so I'm all hyped up.
I didn't care that much for Contracts' story (since I can't remember the story now, it's a safe bet it didn't do it for me at the time), but I loved most of the missions. There were several missions in there (such as the one on the English Lord's estate) that were classics.

I could care less about the game business and its $ales. Games suck at this point with only a finite few being really stellar. Examples are BF2, Oblivion, Rome Total War, Splinter Cell.

Too many "me too" games out there and I am glad to point out just how much they suck, in my honest opinion.
Agreed about "me too" games, but there are a lot of good games out now if you look. A lof of it is subjective anyway. For example, I hate the Splinter Cell games, because they've always seemed like a cheap rip-off of Thief and Hitman. But most people love them, so to each their own.

Nope the price will go up, dramatically, until people stop buying or whatever. Music sucks big time right now as well as mainstream movies. Again, blamed on piracy. I don't download music, get some movies, and all I can say is "God damn, i am SO glad I didn't pay for that shit!"
Why do people always say "music sucks?" I know it's cool to say that, because it gives you "indie cred," but it's really not true. There is a lot of crap right now, and there's a lot of good stuff. That's the way it's been since the 60's, if not earlier. It just so happens that a lot of what they play on the radio isn't that good. Of course, this is another subjective area. One person's favorite band is another person's most hated band.

I also love how doomsayers always talk about game prices going up to combat piracy. People have been saying this for years, and games still cost the same amount they did 10 years ago (I'm talking PC games only). They were $40-50 back then, and they're $40-50 now. We've had a few titles at $55 or 60, but that's been what, 3 games?

Hmm, don't know if I'd call it an artificial challenge. Not being able to save requires that you play perfectly, thus requiring more skill.
Agreed. One of the best things about Hitman 2 was trying to figure out when to use your saves. I played on the "no save" difficulty level, but occasionally the player would get a free save on especially long missions.

This comment was edited on May 23, 15:38.

73. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 13:57 Jarek Forhanon

I really dislike "artifical" challenges like number of saves.

Hmm, don't know if I'd call it an artificial challenge. Not being able to save requires that you play perfectly, thus requiring more skill.

72. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 12:36 sponge

It may also have something to do with the difficulty setting, since I'm playing on Pro, but don't know if that would affect stats criteria.

That's th eone thing that's really pissing me off about the game. I wish I could customize the skill: ballistics evidence going into score, unlimited save. I don't care about their online stats. I really dislike "artifical" challenges like number of saves.

71. No subject May 23, 2006, 08:46 JamieSI

You can also download the demo from Strategy Informer http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/hitmanbloodmoney/demo/6338.html

70. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 03:38 Jarek Forhanon

I've shot my target in the head and still had 0 kills...

Is that an accident?

Sounds more like a bug. I don't use guns, but whenever I'm forced to kill someone myself, I use a lethal injection and that is always counted as a kill.

It may also have something to do with the difficulty setting, since I'm playing on Pro, but don't know if that would affect stats criteria.

69. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 03:34 Sepharo

I've shot my target in the head and still had 0 kills...

Is that an accident?

68. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 02:17 Jarek Forhanon

0 kills [they don't include targets in kills]

Actually, they do. The only time a kill isn't counted as a kill is when you make it look like an accident.

67. No subject May 23, 2006, 02:07 venomhed

Hey lolicon, fuck you. You never get it do you? Ever?

66. Re: Sponge May 23, 2006, 00:57 sponge

And what makes your "opinion" blah blah blah blah blah blah

Heh, why don't you go get emo about it. GRRR INTERNET SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS!!11 SHOW THOSE MEAN WEB PEOPLE WHOS BOSS.

I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself.

65. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 00:46 Masa

You come to find Venomhed still posting after 60 posts, you want to wade through that BS?

Just askin'...

This comment was edited on May 23, 00:46.

64. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 00:42 Sepharo

Where have you been for the past 62 posts...

83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo