Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BiA: Hell's Highway Delayed

Hell's Highway takes detour to 2007 on GameSpot has news that the next installment in Gearbox's World War II shooter series is delayed until first quarter 2007. When it was announced less than a month ago (story), the game carried a release date of this holiday season, but as the old saying goes, this seems to have been a case of paving the road to hell with good intentions.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. ... May 11, 2006, 23:12 theyarecomingforyou

Hate to break it to you, those aren't prerendered screenshots.
I wouldn't be too sure. Although done with the game engine a lot of those screenshots just don't look right, they look pre-done or tweaked. NEway, I think the previous games looked great anyway... it's just the gameplay blew. They're some of the most linear games I've played, forcing you to go certain routes and blocking off areas of the map with invisible walls - everything required flanking the opposition and the team command options were just so dull (though the videos of it had looked great). I also came across numerous bugs, with missions often becoming stuck just because I was standing in the wrong place.

As for this announcement... it's a bit strange that it's delayed when it has only just been announced. Either they are playing a game or they are a right bunch of fuck-ups.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emotinomicon: Emoticons of the Dead

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 17:47 Tango

No but if Gearbox's past form is anything to go by they are extremely heavily photoshopped. The gulf between the pre-release screens for BiA and the actual game was huge.

5. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 16:23 ProdigyXL

Hate to break it to you, those aren't prerendered screenshots.

4. No subject May 11, 2006, 05:38 War

Considering all we've seen so far is sloppy prerenders, I would have been surprised if it made it through this year.

The delta between the trailers and the full game would have been close enough, people would have noticed that the final game just doesn't look as good as the trailers. See Sony.

3. Re: Ooohhhhh May 11, 2006, 01:37 Fantaz

Maybe this delay is a publicity stunt to try and get people to notice their game. Sending out lots of press releases is one way of creating awareness for a sloppy title.

2. Ooohhhhh May 11, 2006, 00:05 Creston

So THAT's why they don't simply call them Brothers in Arms 2006, Brothers in Arms 2007, .... Brothers in Arms 2024? So they can delay them?

Clever.

Creston

1. No subject May 10, 2006, 22:56 RazorWynd

This just in:

nutsack.

That is all.

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo