Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fury Announced

The Fury Website is online, offering first details and screenshots for this upcoming MMORPG that they seem to indicate will launch on May 10 during E3 (thanks Frans). Word is:

Fury is the ultimate competitive online RPG. It takes the best elements of an MMO - combat, advancement and teamwork - and blends them with the best elements of an FPS - instant action, fast pacing and diverse game types.

The dynamic gameplay cycle lets you fight, earn rewards, and use those rewards to customize your character as much as you want.

Get ready to unleash the Fury!

What the Dev Team are saying about Fury:
"Fury is pure PvP - think WoW Battlegrounds and Guild Wars on steroids mixed with some Unreal Tournament and Battlefield 2. You get right into the action without having to grind and most importantly, your skill and knowledge are the greatest influence on how well you do, not just the color of your gear. – Adam Carpenter, Lead Designer

"Not only is Fury a game about combat, it’s a min-maxers dream, with the strongest and most flexible character development system ever. Rather than fighting, many people will spend more time perfecting their avatar’s incarnations in order to gain the ultimate edge in battle. – Paul Whipp, Producer

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Almost Thought... May 6, 2006, 13:05 Masa

Everytime I see some arrogant jackass on a cell phone decide that it's ok to drive at the same time, I'm reminded that multitasking is a skill.

And one humans are NOT good at.

And one thing they should've be doing on the road anyway.

I love how motherfuckers derail a topic IN THE VERY FIRST POST.

Evidentally someone's never been to an internet forum before....

This comment was edited on May 6, 13:05.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: No subject May 6, 2006, 11:53 War

Everytime I see some arrogant jackass on a cell phone decide that it's ok to drive at the same time, I'm reminded that multitasking is a skill.
And one humans are NOT good at.

19. Re: No subject May 6, 2006, 10:48 Rufus

18. No subject May 6, 2006, 09:03 strich

True you don't have to aim, but you do have to keep constant awareness of everything going on around you, keep your cool when you get attacked and learn the most efficient way to fight every class of enemies.

it's called multitasking, not skill.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

17. Re: Almost Thought... May 6, 2006, 06:14 War

>It runs more demanding stuff pretty well.

It's not a question of how quickly it works, but of compatibility. Under a Killing Moon just doesn't run much faster than it did on a fast 386, and Realms of the Haunting just doesn't work due to installer conflicts.

BTW, I tried it on 0.65 and TV works OK on ~40000 cycles. Man I loved the music on that game.

16. Re: MMO #32709 May 6, 2006, 03:12 Jarek Forhanon

Skill plays quite a role in PVP... well, in American MMOs. True you don't have to aim, but you do have to keep constant awareness of everything going on around you, keep your cool when you get attacked and learn the most efficient way to fight every class of enemies.

I'd say that MMO PvP is more about knowledge than skill. Knowing how to counter enemy classes and attacks, knowing the best spells to use in any given situation, knowing which attacks to use in combos, etc. Skill is what is involved in actually performing these actions and in that respect, there isn't much skill involved.

15. Re: Almost Thought... May 6, 2006, 02:32 LazerMane

I love how motherfuckers derail a topic IN THE VERY FIRST POST.

FUCK YOU LEAVE.

14. Re: MMO #32709 May 6, 2006, 01:09 Jaenos

"It's like every popular game, ever, really!"

13. Re: MMO #32709 May 6, 2006, 01:02 Proudfoot

I think its a misread. I don't think they are "launching" the game during E3... I think they mean game stuff being 'launched' at E3.. like vids, play sessions, screenshots (all 2 of em eh?)

12. Re: MMO #32709 May 6, 2006, 00:54 asrof

Skill plays quite a role in PVP... well, in American MMOs. True you don't have to aim, but you do have to keep constant awareness of everything going on around you, keep your cool when you get attacked and learn the most efficient way to fight every class of enemies.

On topic though, how do you develop an MMO so fast? Well for one, have ZERO CONTENT. People are not going to want to pay a monthly fee for this. Even if the PVP is fun, I don't think it will be $15/month fun with absolutely nothing to do and no open world, just arenas. They don't say anything about subscriptions though that I see, so maybe it isn't pay to play.

11. Re: MMO #32709 May 5, 2006, 22:38 FourPak

Where the hell did this mmog come from?
Don't recall any news on it at all before today.
Now it's gonna Launch in 5 days??

This comment was edited on May 5, 22:40.

10. MMO #32709 May 5, 2006, 22:08 Sacrifice

Next please.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

9. Re: Almost Thought... May 5, 2006, 21:53 Parallax Abstraction

I suppose if we pester Terminal Reality enough... hmmm.

I wonder how DOSBox runs Terminal Velocity.

It runs more demanding stuff pretty well. I'll have to see if I can find a copy of TV to try out. Unfortunately, they're busy with such AAA wonders as Aeon Flux and the new Spy Hunter travesty these days.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
GO SENS GO!
GO HABS GO!

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

8. Re: Almost Thought... May 5, 2006, 21:03 Pete

I'm curious to see how this will be implemented. Skill usually has very very little to do with performance in pvp type games.

Are you serious?

Doin' it Big

7. Re: Almost Thought... May 5, 2006, 20:57 Ray Singh

and most importantly, your skill and knowledge are the greatest influence on how well you do,

I'm curious to see how this will be implemented. Skill usually has very very little to do with performance in pvp type games.

6. Re: The Furries May 5, 2006, 20:57 LightBender

"More Western European styled fantasy crap."

It really must suck to be blind and have to read the web via brail. Maybe you are a retarded jawa?

Or did you just miss the shots in the header?

This comment was edited on May 5, 20:57.

5. Re: Almost Thought... May 5, 2006, 20:17 War

You know what would be really cool? A Fury3 sequel.

(It's already out - it was called Hellbender.)

I suppose if we pester Terminal Reality enough... hmmm.

I wonder how DOSBox runs Terminal Velocity.

4. Fury3 May 5, 2006, 20:01 Jim

That was a fun little time-waster game that came with Win95 back in the day. 3d gaming was still pretty revolutionary back then.

Jim

3. Re: The Furries May 5, 2006, 19:52 UttiniDaKilrJawa

More Western European styled fantasy crap.

2. The Furries May 5, 2006, 19:42 Hump

Cool, you get to smack around chicks:

http://www.unleashthefury.com/images/screenshots/pic3_large.jpg

be that as it may this sounds more like "here's some pics from our proof of concept demo, wanna fund us?"

BTW, where does it indicate that the game will launch at E3? All I see is that they'll have a few stations set up ....

EDIT: oops! It says it will launch May 10th on the portal page....my bad

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.
This comment was edited on May 5, 20:09.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo