Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Reservoir Dogs Details

Reservoir Dogs Tarantino's Cult Classic To Make Gaming Debut has further details on the upcoming game based on the cult classic Quentin Tarantino film:

Eidos Interactive, one of the world’s leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, part of SCi Entertainment Group Plc (SEG), today announces further details for Reservoir Dogs™ on the Xbox™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PC, releasing in autumn 2006.

In 1992 an unknown director released a film about five total strangers, teaming up to commit the perfect crime. The heist went wrong, people were killed and they smelt a rat. This is the premise for one of the most esteemed and duplicated directorial film debuts of all time. Based on Quentin Tarantino’s cult classic and staying true to the original plot and chronology, this intense third person shooter follows the progress and planning of that famed heist, filling in some of the blanks left from the film: What happened to Mr. Blue and Mr. Brown? Where did Mr. Pink hide the diamonds? What actually happened at the heist? These questions and more will be answered as the game unfolds.

“We are proud to be working with one of the most original films to be released in our lifetime on a gaming format,” said Helen Lawson, Brand Manager, Eidos Interactive. “RESERVOIR DOGS will appeal to both movie and gaming fans, and offers an unprecedented opportunity to play through the events of the movie and fill in the gaps.”

Featuring the full, iconic soundtrack from the movie, the super sounds of the seventies brought to life including; ‘Little Green Bag’ and the unforgettable ‘Stuck in the middle with you’, play as all of the characters in this violent version of the film.

RESERVOIR DOGS will be released on PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC from autumn 2006.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 20:35 Halsy

Dusk till Dawn was Robert Rodriguez (Quentin did the screenplay). Still, good flick too. "Alright hard drinkers, let's drink hard!"

"And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go fuck yourself, San Diego."

-Ron Burgundy

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 20:23 Fartacus

Dusk til Dawn he was another executive producer or somesuch shit. Also a good movie though. Would have been better if they'd forgotten about all that vampire crap.

Tarantino directed the first half of the movie. Robert Rodriguez directed the second half, starting from right after the bit where Tarantino drinks whiskey poured down Salma Hayek's leg (i.e. right when the vampires appeared). The vampire crap was all Rodriguez...

This comment was edited on May 4, 20:23.

25. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 18:42 Awesome Spume

I think Quentin likes to slap his name on anything that'll get him part of the rights.

Sorta like American Magee. Except Tarantino has a name and made 3 good films. Blah blah. We know the ones. I liked KB 1 as well but KB 2 ruined it. Good 2.5 hour movie in there somewhere.

Dusk til Dawn he was another executive producer or somesuch shit. Also a good movie though. Would have been better if they'd forgotten about all that vampire crap.

--------------------------------------------------
It's like when the baby cries all night and then finally falls asleep for an hour at 3am -- the people who manage to avoid talking about Starforce for one fucking thread are that precious hour.

24. No subject May 4, 2006, 18:12 space captain

the original is called "City on Fire"

and tarantino is a putz for stealing so much of his material..

i did enjoy pulp fiction tho - then again it wasnt really written by him anyways

Go forth, and kill!

23. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 18:04 xXBatmanXx

one of the most original films to be released in our lifetime

Please. The film was a remake!

Yes it was.

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

22. No subject May 4, 2006, 17:35 Shadowcat

one of the most original films to be released in our lifetime
Please. The film was a remake!

21. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 17:23 nin

And then it got ugly...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.flaminglips.com

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 17:14 Fartacus

You are so not in the minority there... Most people think Tarantino's shit is shit, but the vocal majority like it : )

I am part of the majority of people who thinks that Alamar is an asshat and that the movies that were directed by Tarantino are brilliant.

Hey Asshat, from what orifice did you pull your statistics that indicate that most people think that "Tarantino's shit is shit"

19. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 16:12 xXBatmanXx

Resevoir, Pulp, and Jackie Brown were all good flicks. The rest of his shit is shit.

The first "From Dusk til Dawn" was better than Pulp AND Jackie.

FUNGS 53

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

18. No subject May 4, 2006, 14:19 DangerDog

I'd rather see a pulp fiction game, and RIP Chris Penn.

17. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 14:12 Halsy

Resevoir, Pulp, and Jackie Brown were all good flicks. The rest of his shit is shit.

I can already see Michael Madsen's character being the most popular in-game. I wonder if you'll be able to not tip in a restaurant and have a dialogue about it?

"And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go fuck yourself, San Diego."

-Ron Burgundy

This comment was edited on May 4, 14:13.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

16. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 13:53 Alamar

I've watched that movie one time and was totally let down...

I know I'm in the minority, but still...

You are so not in the minority there... Most people think Tarantino's shit is shit, but the vocal majority like it : )

That's why they call old shitty movies that have a following cult classsics.

-Alamar

15. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 12:54 Bob Bobsen

Sadly, the Chris Penn character "Nice Guy Eddie" will be dubbed in by the guy that does the voice over for the Taco Bell dog.

14. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 12:52 Dentrassi

No.

NO.

No no no no no no no fucking HELL no.

This is not right.

This makes me sad and angry.

I didn't think it was possible for me to have more contempt for Eidos than I did before, but now. I. do.

13. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 12:18 xXBatmanXx

Funny you should say that. I watched Hostel for the first time yesterday. I expected something outstanding and it was nothing different than an updated 80's slasher flick. Lots of tits and blood.

I think Quentin likes to slap his name on anything that'll get him part of the rights. He's done nothing since Kill Bill and who knows when Inglorius Bastards and Grindhouse will actually get released. He's got to do something to keep the cashflow coming. Why not just slap his name on random movies now that he's a household name.

hahahahah The movie sucked. I watched it last weekend, and aftewards I felt like I was robbed of my time. Totally predictable, total let down. Glad I didn't see it in the theatre.

I mean seriously - what about all the OTHER people that are going to fall victim? How come you only went after the ONE guy. Friggen lame.

FUNGS 53

12. No subject May 4, 2006, 12:00 strich

Hostel still escapes me.

Funny you should say that. I watched Hostel for the first time yesterday. I expected something outstanding and it was nothing different than an updated 80's slasher flick. Lots of tits and blood.

I think Quentin likes to slap his name on anything that'll get him part of the rights. He's done nothing since Kill Bill and who knows when Inglorius Bastards and Grindhouse will actually get released. He's got to do something to keep the cashflow coming. Why not just slap his name on random movies now that he's a household name.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

11. Eidos - bankrupt May 4, 2006, 11:59 MrShoop

I guess they may not be financially bankrupt, but clearly creatively bankrupt.

10. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 11:55 Masa

"Awe, c'mon guys, this would make a bitchin movie. Violence, a cool soundtrack, and it'll sell, since it's got Quentin's name on it..."

Yeah, at least he had something to do with the creation of the movie. He has a nasty little habit of attaching his name to some rather odd movies he wants to sponsor; for better or for worse.

Hostel still escapes me.

9. No subject May 4, 2006, 11:35 RazorWynd

raperaperape

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

8. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 11:19 Jaenos

STOP RAPING CLASSIC MOVIES!

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo