Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer 40,000; Dawn of War - Dark Crusade Revealed

Exhibitor First Looks: Products Electronic Entertainment Expo 2006 Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) May 10-12, 2006 has first word on Warhammer 40,000; Dawn of War - Dark Crusade, the second expansion for Relic's RTS game:

Warhammer 40,000® Dawn of WarTM - Dark Crusade - The highly anticipated second expansion pack to internal THQ studio Relic Entertainment's critically acclaimed real-time strategy hit Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, features an all new single-player experience and 2 new races - The Necron and The Tau - allowing the gamer to play all of the 7 races of the Warhammer 40,000:

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: No subject Apr 20, 2006, 13:44 Devster

[Hooray for tangents!]
Read that as "Hooray for Termagants" at first. For a change of pace from the spacehulk idea, a campaign-expansion could be made with a genestealer cult that graduallly revealed the tyranid menace. Genestealers were just as badass before they became all hive-y.

And then the good race can be the Squats. Hearthguard, Guild Engineers, Landtrains and Trikes for everyone!

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!
This comment was edited on Apr 20, 13:45.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Okay Apr 20, 2006, 03:15 RTSNut

God, please don't put some long ass SP boredome fest in there. WC3 had tons of missions, all the same damn thing. AGE3 was punishingly long with no payoff. I'll take quality over quantity any day. The moment I saw the last mission in Winter Assault I was satisfied with the money I dished out. Also, this game is ALL about the MP.

16. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 23:37 Talisorn

Blizzard should owe Games Workshop MASSIVE royalties for BLATANTLY ripping off their race designs. Starcraft was HORRIBLE in that regard.

To those who think it's the other way around STFU or you'll make yourself look like a bigger fool than you already are.
Self-righteous indignation FTW!

15. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 23:03 shinchan0s

Necrons blow BTW.

Peace.

14. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 23:02 shinchan0s

Blizzard should owe Games Workshop MASSIVE royalties for BLATANTLY ripping off their race designs. Starcraft was HORRIBLE in that regard.

To those who think it's the other way around STFU or you'll make yourself look like a bigger fool than you already are.

13. No subject Apr 19, 2006, 21:12 Dash

How about lookin up where Blizzard got the whole idea?
Starcraft's more like Warhammer 40k Lite.

I never really got into Starcraft, but I jumped on DoW like a crackfiend on a rock. There's just something satisfying about the whole universe, I guess.

And yeah.. They really need to dedicate a whole expansion just to the Tyranid threat.
Why not expansions for each Chapter House? There's more than enough background stories and fluff to make truely enjoyable campaigns.

Of course, if it were even possible, I'd go for a full-fledged 40k MMO. I doubt most of us have connections and systems that could handle somethin like that.. [Hooray for tangents!]

12. Okay Apr 19, 2006, 20:44 Creston

I love your game. But you HAVE to build a longer fucking single player. I've now spent 90 bucks total on this game, and I have a grand total of ~12 hours of single player to show for it. That's brutal beyond even Valve and Ritual.

MAKE A TWENTY MISSION SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN.

Fuck.

Creston

11. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 19:52 Old Number 7

My god, kids these days.... Please read this Penny-Arcade

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10

10. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 19:39 Panick

zerg = wannabe tyranids

9. No subject Apr 19, 2006, 19:11 RazorWynd

yep, zerg

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

8. No subject Apr 19, 2006, 18:50 Optimaximal

Zerg?

7. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 18:42 Beady

Zerg will be in the full blown sequel. The devs have said that the current engine cant do them justice, so its other races until then.

6. No subject Apr 19, 2006, 17:54 Optimaximal

**SPOILER**

The Necron were actually foreshadowed in Winter Assault - I havent finished the game but from what I gathered their imminent arrival was the primary reason the Eldar were interested in the Titan.

The Tau are obviously going to be the next 'good' race, although the Necron allying with the Orks and Chaos would be a trifle odd (unless Relic are completly ignoring the existing races for the single player campaign this time round).

Given the immense fanbase they have, I can see the Tyranids being saved for another expansion devoted entirely to them (there's a great mission onboard a Space Hulk with a Terminator Squad in there somewhere) or the inevitable DoW II.

5. No subject Apr 19, 2006, 17:33 Xero

Yeah, the 1st expansion from what I played in the demo, seemed quite solid. Heck it was a demo of an expansion pack. That alone means they felt confident in what they were selling and not just trying to milk people by giving you expansions that you can't try before buying. I think I'll actually pick up that expansion and this one if this turns out just as good. So what if the races may be slight cookie cutters, they do have some real badass looking units and how can you not pass up 7 different looking races? Quite badass. They should just add as many as they can at this point and consider this THE Warhammer RTS game to end all Warhammer RTS games. It's quite solid overall. If only my computer could handle it better...

Face your Fears, Live your Dreams, No Fear -Manny Pacquiao

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

4. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 17:22 DDI

Haha hilarious cookie cutter races like IG/Necron/Tau.... You are ignorant sir.

Pretty sure milking the cow applies to stuff like the Half Life Game of the Year editions... not to real expansion packs.

3. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 16:57 BubbleMage

I'm with ya, Panick. The second most popular race in the tabletop game behind the Space Marines, and they still haven't added it to the RTS... I've given up hope.

Are the Tyranids more complex? Yes. Would it be more difficult to implement? Certainly. But cookie-cutter races like the IG, Necron and Tau bore me to tears, and they do not sell expansion packs to me. I suppose somebody'll buy 'em, though.

I guess the old cow's not quite dry yet, so they keep yanking on those teats.

2. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 16:46 Panick

"...allowing the gamer to play all of the 7 races of the Warhammer 40,000:"

When did the tyranids get added? I must have missed that!

1. No subject Apr 19, 2006, 16:30 RazorWynd

necron more like butts

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo